Blake turns down move

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Blake turns down move

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:25 am

Ronseal
ROBBIE Blake has rejected the chance to join Norwich City on loan.

The Wanderers forward was approached by several clubs, including the Championship high flyers, but has opted to stay at the Reebok and fight for his place.

Blake has been a fringe player since being reunited with Owen Coyle in the summer, making just three starts in 12 appearance for the club.

Goal machine Daniel Sturridge’s arrival on loan from Chelsea and the return to full fitness of Ivan Klasnic has seen the former Burnley ace drop further down the pecking order, with the 34-year-old left out entirely for Saturday’s 1-1 draw against Newcastle at St James’ Park.

But Blake has turned down the opportunity to play regular football elsewhere – and the Wanderers manager is delighted he has decided to stay.

“I didn’t want him going out on loan,” said Coyle. “I made him aware that numerous clubs had asked about him and the biggest one was Norwich.

“Robbie is an integral part of the group and he wants to stay and fight for his place.

“That’s brilliant because he is a big part of what we are doing at the club.

“There wouldn’t be a problem if I played Robbie Blake from the start because he is terrific. But we have real competition for places in the forward areas. I was delighted with his answer that he wants to stay and battle for his place. He is loving his time at Bolton.”