BWFC Podcast

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Lennon'sEleven
Reliable
Reliable

BWFC Podcast

Post by Lennon'sEleven » Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:15 pm

Hello all.

My mate (Dartisan on this forum) and I are putting together a weekly irreverent Bolton podcast, and to kick things off we have put together a 'dummy' version - just a 5-minute taster - to see what the reaction is (from :whack: to :mrgreen: , no doubt).

Keveh has graciously agreed to host it on here, and feedback can be added below!

http://the-wanderer.co.uk/TheMenInWhite-Teaser.mp3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Apologies for this salesey message - I should point out that I cleared it with Keveh before posting. I get as annoyed as the next man when people use forums to ship their wares, but we're hoping if this does take off then there might be something in it for everyone!

Thank you.
Last edited by Lennon'sEleven on Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly known as Meg'sEleven. And Owen'sEleven. And Dougie'sEleven. We're getting through them aren't we...

keveh
Icon
Icon

Re: BWFC Podcast

Post by keveh » Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:46 pm

Just to add that I really enjoyed it!

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:47 pm

ta O'sXI, will listen after my five-a-side tonight and give feed back afterward.
"Young people, nowadays, imagine money is everything."

"Yes, and when they grow older they know it."

Lennon'sEleven
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Lennon'sEleven » Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:50 pm

Thanks both.

Glad you liked it Kev - it's always a bit daunting to have someone listen to something you've created yourself.
Formerly known as Meg'sEleven. And Owen'sEleven. And Dougie'sEleven. We're getting through them aren't we...

BWFC_Wyles
Reliable
Reliable

Post by BWFC_Wyles » Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:49 pm

Cheers mate, I'll let you know what I think later in the week. Away til Friday!
"Anything else you'd like? How about real lead in the radiation shields? Urinal cakes, maybe?"

spikeykev
Promising
Promising

Post by spikeykev » Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:09 pm

Thanks for sending me the podcast. Quite enjoyed it, you came across clearly and looks like you could get some good banter goin' on. It would be nice if you talked about the games and in depth analysis of the players, and look at subjects on the messege boards perhaps, depending on your format for the 'cast. Not so sure about the acoustic guitar segment, some heavy metal would be much more up my street, good work tho guys, look forward to hearing more in the future.

Lennon'sEleven
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Lennon'sEleven » Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:21 pm

Thanks SpikeyKev.

If we can find a way to record heavy metal to a good standard in the time it takes to wack down an acoustic track, we'll do it! Although don't be surprised if we branch out into other musical styles later in the series!

Point taken re analysis too - although we are consciously steering away from the sort of stuff youcan get from other sites/the press. Definitely room for some serious stuff though.

OE

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:00 pm

That's one of the things that I liked about it, it was different to everything else out there. You can go and read and watch hours of reports, so why would you want to listen to a podcast for that?

The message board discussion is a good point though, discussing any of the hot topics on any number of the forums.

Lennon'sEleven
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Lennon'sEleven » Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:55 pm

Yeah, not a bad shout re: message board topics.

We will need to extend it to about 15mins too, before we launch it properly, so plenty of space for more features.

Good stuff guys - really appreciate it.

Dartisan
Promising
Promising

Post by Dartisan » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:24 pm

Thanks for the feedback so far, and those who have received it and not yet commented: we’re looking forward to hearing what you think!

Cheers.
Everything but the game: Because it's not just a game, it's a way of life.

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:03 pm

If you want I can upload it to this site so that people can openly get it instead of having to pm?

Lennon'sEleven
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Lennon'sEleven » Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:39 pm

keveh wrote:If you want I can upload it to this site so that people can openly get it instead of having to pm?
Aye - go on then Kev.

We haven't made decisions about how we are going to distribute this as of yet, but if you could host the taster we have recorded on this site, that would be very generous.

You have the MP3 - let me know if you need anything more. FYI, it is to be called The Men in White.

C

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:04 pm

Yeah totally understand, just thought it would be easier than people requesting it from you and might encourage more people to randomly listen to it:

http://the-wanderer.co.uk/TheMenInWhite-Teaser.mp3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:edit: Feel free to share it wherever

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:46 pm

Maybe an ex player profile section would be worth a go, bit like they do on Football Ramble but without the annoying Geordie.
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:25 pm

Really, really enjoyed it. Has loads of scope. Please continue to do more
Pfffft.

RusholmeRuffian
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by RusholmeRuffian » Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:40 pm

Honestly, when I saw the subject title I cringed, but it's actually rather good! Not sure what to say, you compliment each other well, it comes across quite genuine, reminds me of the Baddiel and Skinner World Cup podcasts, I'd listen if you made more...and I think the song could (nay, should) catch on too.

$huttgun
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by $huttgun » Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:00 pm

thanks for sending me the podcast. i really enjoyed it and agree with some of the comments on here re analysis. i think you probably should reference results but not to too great an extent.
As a keen podcast listener, i always enjoy the banter (which you obviously would provide) more than anything. Also if you were to affiliate with the-wanderer your folk band could road test any newly invented terrace songs!

Lennon'sEleven
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Lennon'sEleven » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:32 pm

Shucks! :oops:

Thanks guys - great to get this feedback. A few of the private messages I have had, as well as some here, are calling for something more typical magazine-style features like player profiles/match reviews, so we will definitely look into this.

Give us a week and we might actually launch this properly!

Thanks again.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:43 pm

I could listen to 15 minutes of it on the way to work or whatever....keeping it fresh should be easy enough in season, not sure what you would do in the summer though!

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:44 pm

Enjoyed loads. The rewrite of 'by far the best team' etc had me laughing out loud. :D