Holden

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Vertigo
Reliable
Reliable

Re: Holden

Post by Vertigo » Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:47 am

NWhiteley wrote:
ohjimmyjimmy wrote:6 months , i've heard.

Yep. Its on the official site now as 6 months out

P.O.S.
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by P.O.S. » Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:48 am

keveh wrote:I'm obviously gutted that we are losing Holden for the rest of our season, but I'm more gutted for him personally not being able to play at Wembley.
Me too actually, and its not like me to feel sorry for footballers usually but he comes across as someone who just loves playing and is proud to represent the club.

Hope he's still there at Wembley, shows his face and gets a great reception from us

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:49 am

Devastating news.

Get well soon lad :(

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:54 am

Here's wishing Stu a speedy recovery
Pfffft.

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:05 pm

6 months sucks, will mean he's coming back into next season unfit and behind everyone. Lad looks naturally fit but that's not going to help him. Midfielder is back on the wishlist for next season, maybe a loanee.

QQ - has Mark Davies completed 90 mins for us yet?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:09 pm

Still waiting to hear how many games we've won without Holden this season. I can only think of Wigan away in the FA cup (and it was a Wigan reserve side).

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:21 pm

Look it up then.

Look at the rag nice people in the background here having a good laugh

Sure there's a good reason why, but I like to think they're laughing at Stu cos they're rag nice people

superjohnmcginlay
Passionate
Passionate

Post by superjohnmcginlay » Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:29 pm

Bugger.

martin1877coywm
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by martin1877coywm » Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:43 pm

Very bad news. I hope it's less serious than six months so he gets back in time for next season.

Trotski
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Trotski » Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:52 pm

How about that Sean Davis?!

Any hope of a comeback? Timing would be stellar!
Oh coitus!

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jmjhb » Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:53 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Still waiting to hear how many games we've won without Holden this season. I can only think of Wigan away in the FA cup (and it was a Wigan reserve side).
21% - Since making his PL debut, Bolton have won just 21% of PL games without @stuholden, compared to a 43% with him in the side.

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:17 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Still waiting to hear how many games we've won without Holden this season. I can only think of Wigan away in the FA cup (and it was a Wigan reserve side).
Look yourself. Gonna have to swap names, clearly you're the only his royal anything around here, your royal-ness. Forgot the board should wait hand and foot on your statistician needs.

"hmm Parker, can I get the passing %s from 2004-5 and compare them like for like year on year with 2010-11 to-date accounting for inflation and Earthquakes"

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:19 pm

Just seen this on Stu's twitter ..

Just had a sincere phone call from Jonny Evans wishing me the best in my recovery, def wasn't intentional, just unfortunate part of the game

Makes me proud to have him as one of ours. No moaning or bitching. A proper professional.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:32 pm

hisroyalgingerness wrote:
Look yourself. Gonna have to swap names, clearly you're the only his royal anything around here, your royal-ness. Forgot the board should wait hand and foot on your statistician needs.

"hmm Parker, can I get the passing %s from 2004-5 and compare them like for like year on year with 2010-11 to-date accounting for inflation and Earthquakes"
No need to be a tit. I wasn't expecting anyone to fooking sit there and work it out. I was merely wondering if anyone had an advance on the one game I'd suggested.

RusholmeRuffian
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by RusholmeRuffian » Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:44 pm

HMX wrote:
thebish wrote:
HMX wrote:Not good :(

Mavies will be able to step up to the plate though. It's just Muamba I worry about..

any news on the extent of Mark's injury?
'Fraid not. I presumed he would just be out for the week.
It's bound to be about 3 months then :(

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:52 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
hisroyalgingerness wrote:

No need to be a tit. I wasn't expecting anyone to fooking sit there and work it out. I was merely wondering if anyone had an advance on the one game I'd suggested.
Well maybe you should have a look before posting, because though the intent might not have been there, the tit was strong in your post.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:55 pm

Lofthouse Lower wrote:Look it up then.

Look at the rag tw*ts in the background here having a good laugh

Sure there's a good reason why, but I like to think they're laughing at Stu cos they're rag tw*ts

i think you're trying too hard - looks like a pretty ordinary crowd shot to me...

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jmjhb » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:04 pm

Wonder if we'll get a midfielder from Utd on loan next season as a sort of 'compensation' for this? We tried for Cleverley, didn't we, but for some reason went to Wigan instead.

P.O.S.
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by P.O.S. » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:12 pm

jmjhb wrote:Wonder if we'll get a midfielder from Utd on loan next season as a sort of 'compensation' for this? We tried for Cleverley, didn't we, but for some reason went to Wigan instead.
More chance of plaiting snot. Besides, they can stick their crappy cast off players I want nowt to do with them!

Tals-biggest-fan
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Tals-biggest-fan » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:14 pm

Fair Play to Johnny Evans, it was a 50/50 challenge with Holden coming off worse but most players wouldn't give a flying feck about the other players but Johnny has given Stuart a call a wished him a quick recovery

"Just had a sincere phone call from Jonny Evans wishing me the best in my recovery, def wasn't intentional, just unfortunate part of the game," Holden wrote on his Twitter account.
NEIL LENNON'S SUPERWHITE ARMY