ta ra Joey O

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Re: ta ra Joey O

Post by CAPSLOCK » Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:38 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:He's out of contract in the summer so needs games to earn a deal somewhere. We're doing the decent thing.
And whether thats for the good of the lad or to encourage others to sign a club that operates in a decent fashion is irrelevant

Still surprised he's been allowed to leave

He's a better player than Holden tween now and June

Davies, Muamba and Cohen seem to be the only obvious options
Sto ut Serviam

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:54 pm

CAPSLOCK wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:He's out of contract in the summer so needs games to earn a deal somewhere. We're doing the decent thing.
And whether thats for the good of the lad or to encourage others to sign a club that operates in a decent fashion is irrelevant

Still surprised he's been allowed to leave

He's a better player than Holden tween now and June

Davies, Muamba and Cohen seem to be the only obvious options
spot on...

Lennon'sEleven
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Lennon'sEleven » Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:02 am

I thought he was growing into something decent - and I remember when he was solving our right back issues by putting an honest shift in.

Mind you, I also remember going to Fulham and seeing him on the tight wing.

Decent potential though, and I hope he can come back from this injury. Slight suspicion he'll pick up another knock shortly though.
Formerly known as Meg'sEleven. And Owen'sEleven. And Dougie'sEleven. We're getting through them aren't we...

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:33 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:Bloody hell we've given him away for nowt and are paying his wages in full because its the right thing to do for a lad who could have made it with us but has been really unlucky with injuries.

He's out of contract in the summer so needs games to earn a deal somewhere. We're doing the decent thing.

Why the fook folk are moaning about it is beyond me!

BECAUSE ITS MEGSON YOU FOOL!!!

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:53 am

This is one point where I can agree with Hoboh on the need for Capital Punishment.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

bw@bw
Reliable
Reliable

Post by bw@bw » Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:44 pm

Lofthouse Lower wrote:You were never much good, but at least you tried, I suppose
I think that is an outrageous description.

He was no more than 21 when he he got his first bad injury.
By that time he had done a decent job for us (a top 8 team) and had got a full international cap for Ireland.

How many BWFC home grown players in the last 50 years have been ahead of him at the same age?

A sad tale of a promising career cut down by injury - not a useless trier
What goes around may still come around

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:27 pm

Hoboh wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:Bloody hell we've given him away for nowt and are paying his wages in full because its the right thing to do for a lad who could have made it with us but has been really unlucky with injuries.

He's out of contract in the summer so needs games to earn a deal somewhere. We're doing the decent thing.

Why the fook folk are moaning about it is beyond me!

BECAUSE ITS MEGSON YOU FOOL!!!
Aye well, just as well, Coyle, Gartside et al aren't all sad bitter individuals like yourself.

If it gives a young lad like JOB a chance it doesn't matter who the manager is.

JOB gets a chance he clearly wants to take and we are seen to be helping players out rather than acting like right royal dickheads!

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:30 pm

I think this was something that Joey O'Brien quite clearly needed and i'm glad he's got it. It's a shame that he'll be ending up leaving the club after having such a tumultuous time with injuries but i'm sure he'll leave with our blessing. Joining back up with Megson will certainly do him some favours as will it do us some favours but i'd've liked to have seen him being given a run out again for Bolton. Seeing as it is though it seems his time has come and gone at the club. A loan at the tail end of the contract usually suggests we're clearing our wage bill and giving a player a chance to get a new contract elsewhere. It's good for the club and good for the player and thankfully he's gone somewhere he was given a warm reception previously so all the best to him.

Hopefully he'll work some wonders alongside another ex-Boltonian Jermaine Johnson.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:58 pm

Like it or not, Joey O' never was nor ever will be of premier league standard. Those that remember him fondly do so because he isn't Nicky Hunt.
Good luck to the lad. It looked to the many like it might've all been over for him.
I see what Caps is saying, but I can only think that OC finds him so far off of the pace that we'd be better off playing players out of position than we would playing Joey in his natural one.
Tis a cruel game sometimes.
May the bridges I burn light your way

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:47 pm

Mar wrote:I think this was something that Joey O'Brien quite clearly needed and i'm glad he's got it. It's a shame that he'll be ending up leaving the club after having such a tumultuous time with injuries but i'm sure he'll leave with our blessing. Joining back up with Megson will certainly do him some favours as will it do us some favours but i'd've liked to have seen him being given a run out again for Bolton. Seeing as it is though it seems his time has come and gone at the club. A loan at the tail end of the contract usually suggests we're clearing our wage bill and giving a player a chance to get a new contract elsewhere. It's good for the club and good for the player and thankfully he's gone somewhere he was given a warm reception previously so all the best to him.

Hopefully he'll work some wonders alongside another ex-Boltonian Jermaine Johnson.
Is Jermaine Johnson at Sheffield W? The saviour that didn't...

irie Cee Bee
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by irie Cee Bee » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:19 am

William the White wrote:
Mar wrote:I think this was something that Joey O'Brien quite clearly needed and i'm glad he's got it. It's a shame that he'll be ending up leaving the club after having such a tumultuous time with injuries but i'm sure he'll leave with our blessing. Joining back up with Megson will certainly do him some favours as will it do us some favours but i'd've liked to have seen him being given a run out again for Bolton. Seeing as it is though it seems his time has come and gone at the club. A loan at the tail end of the contract usually suggests we're clearing our wage bill and giving a player a chance to get a new contract elsewhere. It's good for the club and good for the player and thankfully he's gone somewhere he was given a warm reception previously so all the best to him.

Yes he is. Still fast, skillful and scoring a few goals, but confined to the bench by Megson since he arrived.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:17 am

irie Cee Bee wrote:
William the White wrote:

Yes he is. Still fast, skillful and scoring a few goals, but confined to the bench by Megson since he arrived.

Some things never change :mrgreen:

RIGA

:lol: