Semi Final Match Thread

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Whookam
Reliable
Reliable

Re: Semi Final Match Thread

Post by Whookam » Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:28 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:And we are desperately missing Stuart Holden in midfield.
It was far more than that.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:30 pm

It was. But we do.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:36 pm

jmjhb wrote:Whilst we were absolutely dire, Stoke were very good indeed. Hope they go on and win it now.
Do me a favour jmjhb. Answer me this: if we had to play Stoke tomorrow either at home or away in the league, would we turn in a performance like that? I think not.

I totally admire OC, but the whole thing was wrong from the off. Klasnic isn't a ninety minute player and he hardly got a ball to his feet till he went off. Stoke are big lads and the way they were allowed to manhandle our lot, KD in particular should have Webb in front of the F.A to explain some of his decisions. They handle the ball, nothing, Cahill gets the ball in a challenge, free kick, Muamba lets it hit his chest, hand-ball, Their players go down like a row of Christmas crackers, free kicks. Ball goes out for a corner, goal-kick. As for what happened to KD in the box, even the commentators were complaining about Webb's handling.The man shouldn't be reffing Sunday League.

All that said, it was the manner of the defeat more than the score that hurts. Going down fighting to lose by the odd goal is bad enough. What's the point of worrying about midfield when all we did was hoof and hope all game? Our attempts at passing were a joke, could Alonso have done worse than Robinson, and Steinson was chasing shadows all game. Stoke are an honest enough side and physical with it, nothing more. We made them look like Brazil because we didn't even fight, and that's what hurts so much. Their goals were gift wrapped
and signed " With love from Bolton" and Jussi was like a Kelly doll rooted to the spot.

That's about it. I'll feel better tomorrow, I think.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:38 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:It was. But we do.
Without a doubt we miss him big time. With all the sh&t I had to put up with today a couple people who are non Bolton fans also commented on his absence.

Now we need to get M. Davies in shape because we need him down the stretch.

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jmjhb » Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:43 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
jmjhb wrote:Whilst we were absolutely dire, Stoke were very good indeed. Hope they go on and win it now.
Do me a favour jmjhb. Answer me this: if we had to play Stoke tomorrow either at home or away in the league, would we turn in a performance like that? I think not.
Probably not, although we were shocking last time we played Stoke away as well! I don't think anyone can argue that Stoke didn't play well, the fact that it could have easily been 8 or 9 is evidence for this.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:45 pm

They wanted is so much more. That hurts. Still chasing down the ball at 3-0 up and going in to every 50/50. We didn't have that. They did.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:50 pm

jmjhb wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
Probably not, although we were shocking last time we played Stoke away as well! I don't think anyone can argue that Stoke didn't play well, the fact that it could have easily been 8 or 9 is evidence for this.
Four of their goals were goof errors by us. We played awful, so 5-0 look like the thrashing it was from a terrible display of incompetence. Mark Davis starting and Elmo up with KD and Klasnic as an impact might have worked. It was awful. We couldn't play that badly again if we practised from now till next season.

norm the jedi
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by norm the jedi » Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:56 pm

Everything they tried came off.. and Mr Webb refereed with great sympathy..
We shrank had no leaders no drive and no options..
I think Holden was a big big miss and I thought he would be when the rag cnut Evans kicked him out of the season..
He gives drive and an option, he gets the ball off the opposition and also gets it off our back four to start things off..
We went long because we didn't have that.. Mavise did it a bit second half but the game was over by then..
Would Holden have changed the result? may be not.. he'd have changed the scoreline though !..
because people wouldn't be getting free hits from 25 yards if he's there.. and we'd be driving at their back four and committing defenders instead of kicking it to Robert Huth and Shawcross..
Incidentally HUTH you're a CNUT!.. I've always hated your chippy, Megson loving classless tw@t manager and you epitomise everything he's about..
I hope Teves is fit and rips you a new one!
Are we in League 2 yet - Three seasons and we'll be away to Chesham

WanderinOn
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by WanderinOn » Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:10 pm

Well, here we go again - another visit to Wembley, another unmitigated disaster!

I'm new here, but a lifelong White and season ticket holder to boot. I'm just mentioning this to illustrate how much of this crap I've seen, and how much I so now want to see the back of Owen Coyle!

Yes, we've seen improvements since he arrived - then again, it could hardly have got much worse!

Yes, we've enjoyed a return to some 'real' football instead of the plethora of kick 'n rush' we've been subjected to for many a long year; but . . . . .

This season has also seen a number of disastrous performances (despite Coyle repeatedly bleating 'we haven't disgraced outselves so far, and we're not going to start now' and variations on that theme - that one came after losing in a terrible manner to Birmingham), a return to 'kick 'n rush' , and now a defeat that makes the whole club look like a bunch of no hopers!

Utterly disgraceful, I cannot think of one good thing to say about today's display.

The late great Nat must be turning in his grave.

Coyle must go, and Gartside is long overdue the boot!

There must be far better out there for us.

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:13 pm

to quote batty :doh:

to add my own view: oh give over.
"Young people, nowadays, imagine money is everything."

"Yes, and when they grow older they know it."

BL3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by BL3 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:14 pm

WanderinOn wrote:Coyle must go
You're joking right?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:15 pm

What a load of twaddle. We played badly and lost one game, but we're still 8th in the league. Jose Maurinho stand by. :roll:

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:19 pm

WanderinOn wrote:Well, here we go again - another visit to Wembley, another unmitigated disaster!

I'm new here, but a lifelong White and season ticket holder to boot. I'm just mentioning this to illustrate how much of this crap I've seen, and how much I so now want to see the back of Owen Coyle!

Yes, we've seen improvements since he arrived - then again, it could hardly have got much worse!

Yes, we've enjoyed a return to some 'real' football instead of the plethora of kick 'n rush' we've been subjected to for many a long year; but . . . . .

This season has also seen a number of disastrous performances (despite Coyle repeatedly bleating 'we haven't disgraced outselves so far, and we're not going to start now' and variations on that theme - that one came after losing in a terrible manner to Birmingham), a return to 'kick 'n rush' , and now a defeat that makes the whole club look like a bunch of no hopers!

Utterly disgraceful, I cannot think of one good thing to say about today's display.

Utter sh*t.

As bad as we were today, regime change is NOT what's needed. Is that you Sir Nut? I suppose you think Megson would have won that game?

Just F*ck off.

Oh and welcome to the forum. Why not introduce yourself in the new members section?

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:26 pm

I've seen knee jerk reactions before but this one takes the cake.

Salford Trotter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Salford Trotter » Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:36 pm

WanderinOn wrote:Well, here we go again - another visit to Wembley, another unmitigated disaster!

Put your fishing rod away fella
:whack:
The Voice Of Reason

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:37 pm

Hello Sir Nut. You have been banned twice before so why come back. We are NOT going to get Megson back so why don't you disappear for good.
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:50 pm

If it's Nut he is admitting that the football under Megson was dire. Doubt he would do that even if trying to hide his identity.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:57 pm

I think we should just let the mods lock this thread and move on to the latest transfer gossip and how we're going to spank Arsenal next week.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:58 pm

Its f*cking moronic to suggest the season has been filled with disastrous performances. We saved our poorest performance of the season for the cup semi final. At least we got that far.

mcfcjim
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by mcfcjim » Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:06 pm

Gotta say, as a City fan I was gutted for your lot today. I think in general you play good football and at times can be a joy to watch.

Stoke however are a bunch of dirty physical longball merchants with that annoying Delap throw.

Gutted for you.

I am supprised however that some of you are so bitter towards us (City) and quiet supprised really.

Shame because Bolton have always been my second team. No idea why and so can only put it down to bitterness at our financial situation.

Why would you hope we dont make top 4? Why would you want spurs to get it?

Amazed.