Fulham v Bolton match thread

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Re: Fulham v Bolton match thread

Post by seanworth » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:49 pm

Gardner has deserved another chance this season. The rest of the team look tired.

Il Pirate
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Il Pirate » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:50 pm

cup semi apart; our worst performance of the season? we were shocking. very poor, and our away form needs to be addressed for next season. nice to hear the wanderers in full voice at the end tho.

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:55 pm

Well that's it. I'm off to bed. Disappointing performance. Credit to Fullham, but we seemed very tired from the Arsenal game and never really got our act together. Not sure if the extra day off Fulham had helped them, but we only have a couple more days off before our next game and we better play better against Blackburn.

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:57 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
plymouth wanderer wrote:chungy got to stop with these little shity flicks
seems to me he is the only one who can complete a (forward) pass to his own teammates.

he has been shocking if it won't for jussi it would of been 5-6 bibi when he came on i thought he was brilliant one touch pass and move everyone else was sooo slow it was like watching the semi-final all over again
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

HMX
Passionate
Passionate

Post by HMX » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:59 pm

Reminded me of Stoke, that one.

Pretty awful

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:05 pm

I felt we had a decent spell at one nil. We created chances, won a few corners and free kicks but in the end, the difference in effort level compared with Arsenal was massive. There was no throwing in front of balls, many shadows were being chased in the centre of the park and when the pressure was on we resorted to twatting it forward where Hangeland had Davo in his pocket.

It struck me as a game too many, and a game without reason to lift ourselves. We'd need to buck up against Dirtburn or even they may be capable of a similar result. And honestly - Coyle needs to learn to make subs. Change games. Freshen things up. Accept head is being banged against wall and change the approach.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:08 pm

I thought we might have sneaked through a draw tonight. Ah well. Game mattered little for us really.

I imagine we'll get nowt at Ewood either. Again it won't be the end of the world.

But I think our away form needs addressing, otherwise we'll never improve, and probably to do that we need some better players.

I also don't think we're very good without Holden and Sturridge. Neither of which are likely to play for us at the start of next season, so I maintain there is a lot of work to be done in the coming months.

Anyways its not like we're used to much at Craven cottage.

The end of this season is going to be relatively uninspiring I feel. Mind thats the downside of mid table safety with no chance of Europe! Still wouldn't want to swap with Blackburn or the like!

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:39 pm

Sorry. All my fault.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Gravedigger
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Gravedigger » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:54 pm

All part of OC's plan. By winning Fulham are safe, then we lose at Dingley Dell and they get safer, then lose at Blackpool so they are saved. That way Wet Spam are for the drop. 8)
Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man and let history make up its own mind.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:55 pm

Like it.

Clearly I was just a pawn in the game.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:42 pm

I really couldn't be less arsed

I invested my uefa fund after the cup rollover

Something needs doing about this blind faith with 442 away from home, though
Sto ut Serviam

LiOC
Reliable
Reliable

Post by LiOC » Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:40 am

Positives from tonight?
Gardner looked like his injury hasn't affected his quality as I thought it might. Looked lively, good on the ball, saved us a few times too. Like to see him get a start on saturday.
Coyle finally had the guts to sub an underperforming Davies. I'm not in the camp of Davies being past it but when he's bad, he needs to be off the pitch.
I thought they were decent subs, if left a little late.
Knight did pretty well too, considering he was covering left back at the same time.

Hope we pick up for Blackburn after swapping shifts to be able to go this weekend!

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:24 am

No Sturridge nor Holden and another tanking!!! 'bout sums up the size of problem.
Clear light of day shows quite a few of our players are past it or not up for it as they should be, Tired my Ass!!!!

Vertigo
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Vertigo » Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:43 am

Quite glad I missed this one after going through this thread.

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:51 am

Was good to see Bibi's return atleast! I always thought he still had it, but didn't realise he could cope at CM so well, would love to see him start on Saturday and earn himself a new contract.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:27 am

seanworth wrote:The first decent corner of the match. Gardner is on the pitch for Muamba. Here you go Kevin.

yeah... but have you actually seen Craven Cottage? you get about two half-steps worth of space to take a corner - and that is up a hill. we were watching Matty take them from the other side - how he even got it as far as he did was a miracle!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:41 am

football aside - it was a fun night out - good to meet up with Bobo, Bruce, Enfield and Mummy (and Mummy's squeeze) - big thanks to Bruce for the free ticket!

perhaps the pints of Sharp's Doom Bar in the eight bells were an omen - but we were completely outplayed and outfought in every department

still - you can't get cross about being beaten by fulham - there is nothing at all offensive about their fans at all - if you're gonna get beaten by someone - then I'm happy for it to be fulham.

apart from the guy who found every opportunity to shout "get the f*ck up there, Davies, you lazy f*cking B*stard" - and the slightly strange guy who stood out at the front silently showing his Cup semi-final scarf to the fulham fans after every goal - the crowd was in good spirits - nobody seemed that wounded or hurt. maybe it was the balmy sunny evening - maybe just that Craven Cottage is such a quaint place - maybe the arsenal win is still providing effective analgesia.

daughter came home happy - firstly, the chips we got from the kebeb shop were utterly awesome - secondly, she started a chant with which she was well chuffed...

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:41 am

was that the one about Mohamed Al-Fayed?

If so, good on her

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:49 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lofthouse Lower wrote:Each place is worth an extra £850,000 - so it's a helluvanincentive
Indeed, but I think if we finish 8th we'll be much better off than we would have imagined at the start and hopefully OC will get that extra money to spend.

Realistically I don't think we can finish above Liverpool!
Wanderers are set for a £9.75million windfall in prize money if they can remain eighth in the Premier League.

Clubs will earn around £750,000 – down £50,000 from last season – for each place they finish higher up the table, with the champions set to net £15m, and that could have an impact on a number of Wanderers’ out-of-contract players.

The prizemoney would mean an increase of more than £4m for the Reebok club after finishing 14th last year, if they stay where they are.

But it could be even more should Wanderers, who could leapfrog Everton into seventh should they win at Fulham tonight, finish the season strongly with five games to go.Owen Coyle will be asking his board if he can use the money to strengthen his squad as he looks to continue the tremendous progress the club has made since he took over 16 months ago.
£750,000, not £850,000

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:33 am

Disappointed with the game, but the result was expected wasn't it? We never seem to get anything in the league at Craven Cottage so not too down.

I was surprised to see SKD subbed (because it just doesn't happen, not that it wasn't justified) but Ricardo lit up a fairly dull game, for me.

As thebish said, it was good to meet up with a few old (and new) faces, although Bobo should seriously consider a new pair of trousers, having dropped first a twenty pond note and then his keys without even realising. Then again it's his own fault for wearing these: