Spyin' Kop - A Liverpool fan comes in peace

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

VisitingRed
Hopeful
Hopeful

Spyin' Kop - A Liverpool fan comes in peace

Post by VisitingRed » Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:12 pm

Hi all,

I'm a Liverpool supporter and a member of the Liverpool forum Red and White Kop. In the build-up to each match we run a feature called Spyin' Kop in which we ask an opposition fansite for their thoughts on the game and the respective teams.

I've put some questions below. If you're able to spare a few minutes to answer them we'd be very grateful.

When the article is complete I'd be happy to post a link here. If you wanted to run a similar article we'd be happy to answer any questions you might have either about the match or your visit to Anfield.

Many thanks.

1. Two games into the league season and there have certainly been plenty of goals for Bolton fans to see. What are your thoughts on your team at this early stage of the season? What are realistic end-of-season expectations?

2. Who are your most important players going to be? Are there any youngsters at the club who we should be looking out for this year?

3. Who are your worst players, the ones whose mere presence on the team sheet - let alone their performance - makes you groan?

4. Do you have any particularly strong memories, good or bad, of meetings between Liverpool and Bolton?

5. What kind of team do you expect to field on Saturday?

6. Tell us what you think of Liverpool. How well do you reckon we'll do this season, and which player(s) of ours do you fear facing the most?

7. That drummer at the Reebok - I've never met anyone who appreciates his contribution to the atmosphere? Is he generally liked by the home crowd?

8. Jussi Jaaskelainen didn't have his best game against Man City. Has Owen Coyle made a mistake keeping him but letting Ali Al-Habsi go?

9. On the subject of Coyle, what do you think of him as a manger?

10. Finally, give us a score prediction.

Once again, many thanks to all who take a few minutes to answer these. It's much appreciated. :)

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Spyin' Kop - A Liverpool fan comes in peace

Post by Athers » Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:21 pm

I'm afraid you won't get much from most here due to the pathetic abuse from your members in the past.
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:31 pm

In before LL

1. Two games into the league season and there have certainly been plenty of goals for Bolton fans to see. What are your thoughts on your team at this early stage of the season? What are realistic end-of-season expectations?
Very pleased so far. We were quite naive against City but they are a top team, so hopefully not many others can expose the space we leave as much

2. Who are your most important players going to be? Are there any youngsters at the club who we should be looking out for this year?

Cahill, if he stays. We'll need him to combat Suarez at the weekend any way. Apart from that Nigel Reo-Coker I feel is going to be very important to us this season...as is Klasnic, easily one of the best finishers in the league. Tuncay's arrival is some shrewd business, too. Joe Riley looked composed in the Carling Cup so hopefully he'll be alright

3. Who are your worst players, the ones whose mere presence on the team sheet - let alone their performance - makes you groan?
Zat Knight. Can block all day but then again so can a brick wall in the right place. Which Zat hardly ever is. And for a big lad he ain't half weak in the air, and in the tackle.

4. Do you have any particularly strong memories, good or bad, of meetings between Liverpool and Bolton?
Beating you in the Carling Cup a few years back 3-2 at Anfield, seeing Youri (i think) roll that penalty in in the last minute. Oh happy school days.

Full strength apart from our crocked midfielders. Will be interesting to see who starts up front now Tuncay has arrived. Whatever it'll be a 4-4-2 with Mooamba and NRC in the middle

6. Tell us what you think of Liverpool. How well do you reckon we'll do this season, and which player(s) of ours do you fear facing the most?
Bit overhyped, some good buys and some bad. Carroll and Henderson were an embarrassment against Exeter. Skrtel is also a walking disaster. You still have Suarez though, who is so good that he's in my fantasy league team. Zat Knight will have him though.

7. That drummer at the Reebok - I've never met anyone who appreciates his contribution to the atmosphere? Is he generally liked by the home crowd?
Honestly could not give a shit. They are most effective when we are visited by wild tribesmen, or Blackburn fans, and use the drums as a method of communication.

8. Jussi Jaaskelainen didn't have his best game against Man City. Has Owen Coyle made a mistake keeping him but letting Ali Al-Habsi go?
Al Habsi didn't have his best game for Wigan against Norwich either. Jussi is a fading force but still by far our best keeper. Bogdan is one to watch but his mistake against Macclesfield shows some inexperience.

Good. Gets the most out of his players. Can be inflexible tactically at times but I guess that will come with experience. Is hit and miss in the transfer market, but I'll take it if for every Marcos Alonso we also get a Stuart Holden.

Score draw, with Suarez scoring for you and Davies penalty for us. Probably because Skrtel fouled someone.
"Young people, nowadays, imagine money is everything."

"Yes, and when they grow older they know it."

Wire.Wanderer
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Wire.Wanderer » Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:58 pm

Happy so far we played very well against QPR and with a bit more luck we could of took a point against City imo. Would be very pleased with a top ten finish.

I think for us id have to say Cahill if we can keep hold of him and Klasnic if we can keep him fit because he is always able to nick a goal. As for youngsters maybe Joe Riley if he gets a chance.

Marcos Alonso and Zat Knight always prone for a mistake.

The league cup game when we won 3-2 with Jay-Jay scoring a lovely free kick.

The same team from the last 2 games I think.

I think you'll be in the top 6 to be honest and definately fear Suarez the most.

It dosen't really bother me.

Al Habsi is a good keeper but is prone to a mistake like all goalkeepers are. I wouldn't call it a mistake for letting him go.

Very good, positive in defeat and he gets the most out of his players. Gives younger players belief, look at Jack Wilshire for example.

Score draw.
Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon and thats pretty damn close!

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:07 pm

How was nobody mentioned the FA Cup win as their favourite memory???!!
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:08 pm

Far too young to remember that 8)
"Young people, nowadays, imagine money is everything."

"Yes, and when they grow older they know it."

BwfcDan
Reliable
Reliable

Post by BwfcDan » Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:12 pm

VisitingRed wrote:Hi all,

I'm a Liverpool supporter and a member of the Liverpool forum Red and White Kop. In the build-up to each match we run a feature called Spyin' Kop in which we ask an opposition fansite for their thoughts on the game and the respective teams.

I've put some questions below. If you're able to spare a few minutes to answer them we'd be very grateful.

When the article is complete I'd be happy to post a link here. If you wanted to run a similar article we'd be happy to answer any questions you might have either about the match or your visit to Anfield.

Many thanks.

Once again, many thanks to all who take a few minutes to answer these. It's much appreciated. :)
Two words for you and the rest of the deluded, idiotic morons that frequent the Red and White Kop, Anfield, Merseyside etc... Cock off

Edit - Cant believe folk are actually answering his questions.
"Im a big fish in a small pond"... "Your not a big fish! Your not even a fish!"

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:17 pm

BwfcDan wrote:Two words for you and the rest of the deluded, idiotic morons that frequent the Red and White Kop, Anfield, Merseyside etc... Cock off
I think you may have just lost us the moral high ground that Athers neatly obtained earlier.
Businesswoman of the year.

BwfcDan
Reliable
Reliable

Post by BwfcDan » Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:21 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:
BwfcDan wrote:Two words for you and the rest of the deluded, idiotic morons that frequent the Red and White Kop, Anfield, Merseyside etc... Cock off
I think you may have just lost us the moral high ground that Athers neatly obtained earlier.
Stuff that!! They're a bunch of tossers!! Happens every bloody season!!
"Im a big fish in a small pond"... "Your not a big fish! Your not even a fish!"

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:42 pm

I'm in with Dan. Those Scouse wankers can piss off.

Tell everyone at RAWK that I, along with 99% of the internet, think they're a bunch of know-nowt shitehawks.

VisitingRed
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by VisitingRed » Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:49 pm

Thanks to those who have replied so far. I'm sorry some of you think everyone on RAWK is a bellend. Sure, it's got a lot of them on there, but that's always going to happen on a site with so many members. Believe me, plenty of us on there get fed up with some of the shite which gets spouted.

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:53 pm

VisitingRed wrote:Thanks to those who have replied so far. I'm sorry some of you think everyone on RAWK is a bellend. Sure, it's got a lot of them on there, but that's always going to happen on a site with so many members. Believe me, plenty of us on there get fed up with some of the shite which gets spouted.

Don't worry mate we have got a few bellends on here

AIN'T WE

LL
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:56 pm

Lofthouse Lower wrote:I'm in with Dan. Those Scouse wankers can piss off.

Tell everyone at RAWK that I, along with 99% of the internet, think they're a bunch of know-nowt shitehawks.
Don't go changing things just to suit your agenda.

Its know-nowt nobbers. And everyone knows it.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:57 pm

plymouth wanderer wrote:
VisitingRed wrote:Thanks to those who have replied so far. I'm sorry some of you think everyone on RAWK is a bellend. Sure, it's got a lot of them on there, but that's always going to happen on a site with so many members. Believe me, plenty of us on there get fed up with some of the shite which gets spouted.

Don't worry mate we have got a few bellends on here

AIN'T WE

LL
More than you'd think

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:09 pm

1. Title winners

2a. Probably the outfielders.
2b. Yes

3. Our defenders

4. Yes, some

5. A largely competent one

6. Shite.

7. No

8. No

9. He's great

10. 2-0

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:34 pm

Do something about it then

Start a new forum

Ban the transgressors

Support Bolton

All sorts of measures are at your disposal if only you'd allow yourself to USE THEM

LiOC
Reliable
Reliable

Post by LiOC » Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:57 pm

Good going forward, dodgy at the back. Any improvement on last year, top ten is realistic i believe.

Davies, Klasnic and Petrov. Riley who if Steinsson is injured will play on saturday.

I close my eyes when the ball goes to Zat Knight.

No

A pretty predictable line-up.

What I think of Liverpool as a team? You've spent too much money on average players imo, although you'll probably finish 4-6th. Though if it was up to me you'd be relegated just to bring your ridiculous "fan" base down a few thousand pegs.

No. I don't understand why they are there to be honest.

Of course not. Jussi made one mistake, but has frequently over the years put in match saving performances. £4m was good business.

He's great, enthusiastic, but tactically naiive at times. Will improve.

2-2. Davies and Petrov to score for us.

midnitefooty
Promising
Promising

Post by midnitefooty » Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:09 pm

I think we're pretty much the only forum that does not have one of these ask-the-opposition-support-a-bunch-of-stupid-questions sections, right? I'm glad

Oh, and there is only one Spy... Although I think he's on vacation atm.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:18 pm

Probably missed a quality moment for the first game of the weekend.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:24 pm

midnitefooty wrote:I think we're pretty much the only forum that does not have one of these ask-the-opposition-support-a-bunch-of-stupid-questions sections, right? I'm glad
I did one a few seasons back over with the boys on KUMB for a West Ham preview. 'twas alright for a one off but week-in week-out I think it'd get a bit repetitive. Either that or it'd get a bit repetitive.
Businesswoman of the year.