Wanderers Vs Man U

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Wanderers Vs Man U

Post by Lord Kangana » Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:16 pm

A couple I know think Park is shit. And I mean proper shit. Its all relative, cos I'd have him tomorrow. In our team that is.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:23 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:A couple I know think Park is shit. And I mean proper shit. Its all relative, cos I'd have him tomorrow. In our team that is.
id have him today, or even better yesterday!

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:53 am

lovethesmellofnapalm wrote:am fairly sure Utd fans moan about Nani not tracking back from time to time.
just saying like

Nani doesn't have Paul Robinson behind him. Or Mark Davies inside him. And is about 8 hundred million times better than Petrov. And when there is a cross field ball in no-mans land, and Nani looks up and sees Phil Jones and Martin Petrov in the vicinity, Nani still tries to head it, instead of backing off like the mard arsed cnut that Bulgarian fella who nice people two into row z and occasionally smashes in a good cross that apparently makes up for his utter lazy bastardness.

Just saying like.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

martin1877coywm
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by martin1877coywm » Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:09 am

All the mancs are angry 'cause we injured cleverly.

Has anyone ever seen Davies injure anybody else that bad? He does these bad tackles sometimes but the other player usually dives or gets right back up.

Holden midfielder
Promising
Promising

Post by Holden midfielder » Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:19 am

Tuncay is tailor made for the "trequartista" role. Unleash him OC and let's have a proper go ffs!

irie Cee Bee
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by irie Cee Bee » Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:23 am

Didn't think we played that badly. We never gave up and kept trying even though we were outclassed by a superior side with quality all around.

We have some problems however that need to be corrected and we will be ok.

Our skipper needs a rest. His last two games have been dreadful and with him and Klas up front, we are too static. Replace him with Ngog or Tuncay playing with Klasnic who is a big goal threat, and looks fit.

Our midfield actually looked better when Pratley came in. He passed well and was a willing runner into the box. I would love to see him in a starting spot before Holden returns.

Eagles is not the answer to our right side as he is hardly in the game when I see him play. We get 15 mins and thats it. Not good enough. He has to improve. Oh how we miss LCY.

Cahill and Knight are not a good pairing. They leak loads of goals. Boyata looks a really good prospect and should replace Knight soon at the heart of the defense, assuming Cahill remains focussed on the job and not the transfer window.

We have good ball playing players now, so fix these problems and we will get a heavy return in points, having gotten the big boys out of the way early. Have faith people.

FaninOz
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FaninOz » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:47 am

martin1877coywm wrote:All the mancs are angry 'cause we injured cleverly.

Has anyone ever seen Davies injure anybody else that bad? He does these bad tackles sometimes but the other player usually dives or gets right back up.
It was a bad tackle from behind with no chance of getting the ball and he should have been given a card. Sadly Kevin has very little timing these days and many of his tackles are mistimed, not vicious but the result can be the same.

If I was a United supporter I would be very upset with Davies, but as a Bolton supporter I'm just very disappointed that Coyle keeps playing him. The time has come to leave him on the bench or even in the stand!!
Last edited by FaninOz on Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Depression is just a state of mind, supporting Bolton is also a state of mind hence supporting Bolton must be depressing QED

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:48 am

Holden midfielder wrote:Tuncay is tailor made for the "trequartista" role. Unleash him OC and let's have a proper go ffs!
:doh: who do you think we are?

t_o_molloy
Promising
Promising

Post by t_o_molloy » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:35 am

I think we should drop Robbo but the I remember that Alonso is our 2nd choice left back (in Coyle's eyes) and then Robbo doesn't seem that bad.

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:47 am

Oh believe me he does

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:57 am

Coyle on the game, I agree with everything he says....
“If you allow easy crosses to come into your box like we did with Hernandez and Rooney, world-class operators, then you’re going to be punished,” Coyle conceded.

“To allow that to happen after four minutes, you’re on the back-foot. As good as Manchester United were, we shot ourselves in the foot against the ball.

“With the ball we created lots chances but we can’t allow easy balls in the box without putting people under pressure and it was too easy.

“I’ve got no problem when you play against the quality that Manchester United hold, if they go and earn their goals with one-twos and individual play but that wasn’t the case.”

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:05 am

Wow, so we've got shit full backs!

Who knew :shock:

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:09 am

get ricardo back in at left back.. it's the future.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:15 am

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wa ... _United_5/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The BN verdict. Significant only in the force and nature of the criticism. Especially that aimed at Coyle. Interesting week ahead I feel.

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:32 am

Oh and well done monkey corner for booing Evans and for doing those aeroplane gestures. Brilliant.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:51 am

Don't recall the fullbacks being at fault when Jones ran through the entire midfield!
May the bridges I burn light your way

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:55 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:Don't recall the fullbacks being at fault when Jones ran through the entire midfield!
And then Zat Knight did that little dying swan act... :oops:
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

aussie_wanderer
Promising
Promising

Post by aussie_wanderer » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:46 am

play wheater , couldnt be any worse then knight, plus our fullbacks are shit

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:03 pm

The idea that we've got half a dozen full-backs who are all, to a man, utterly shit and miles worse than every other team in the divisions full-backs (except when they get injured, then their ability trebles), is clearly not true.
Armchair Wanderer wrote:What did everyone think of Pratley? The people around me were moaning about him when he came on but he seemed to do ok, albeit with the game already over.
I feel a bit sorry for him. In both home games, he's been brought on for Eagles at a period where we've looked quite good going forward, at which point we're playing three central midfielders + Petrov and it all goes to shit. By the end on Saturday it looked more like this....

---------------Jussi-----------------
-Boyata----Cahill----Knight----Robbo-
-----Davies-----------NRC-----------
------------Pratley-----------Petrov-
---------Ngog----------Tuncay------

Out of interest, what chances did we create? I might've blanked the rest from my mind, but I can only remember DeGea making one save from Klasnic.

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:10 pm

That was it.

In a game against a rookie keeper who struggles against long shots or high balls, we hit precisely one long shot and no high balls/crosses.

Corners in particular were pathetic, all to the front post when I was screaming at Petrov to knock one in under the bar.