Wanderers Vs Man U

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Lennon'sEleven
Reliable
Reliable

Wanderers Vs Man U

Post by Lennon'sEleven » Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:27 am

Ticket in hand and less than a week to go until one of the biggest games of the year... time for a thread.

A few more variations possible with or summer acquisitions all available (Mears aside), but I suspect we'll see the same starters as we did v QPR, Citeh and Liverpool.

Personally I might replace Knight with Boyata, I'm not as big a critic of Knight as some, but there have been one or two errors too many - it might be good to give a debut chance to impress to the young Belgian - he isn't untried at this level. But I think it'd be harsh to deny Davo and Klasnic the chance to continue their good work (Pool aside) so far this year upfront.

Muamba and NRC offer us the most steel in midfield, and I think if we go 442 (which we will) then they should start.

Nice to have Mark Davies, Ngog and Tuncay as options from the bench.

Prediction... 1-3. :( Sorry about that - I hope I'm wrong, of course. If we can keep it level at half time, I fancy us to nick it though. :)
Formerly known as Meg'sEleven. And Owen'sEleven. And Dougie'sEleven. We're getting through them aren't we...

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Wanderers Vs Man U

Post by thebish » Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:50 am

Owen'sEleven wrote:
Prediction... 1-3. :( Sorry about that - I hope I'm wrong, of course. If we can keep it level at half time, I fancy us to nick it though. :)
No need for apologies - the prediction of losing 1-3 is a positively rosy outlook!!! 8)

BwfcDan
Reliable
Reliable

Post by BwfcDan » Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:56 am

Of all the names you could have give them in the thread title, you go with Man U? Jesus christ...

Oh and we'll win 2-0.

Scum.
"Im a big fish in a small pond"... "Your not a big fish! Your not even a fish!"

adamworthy2002
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by adamworthy2002 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:17 am

We'll either lose 4 - 0

or

be holding on for a 0 - 0 or 1 - 1 draw and United will win it in the 94th min


Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:18 am

We'll dick 'em. 4-0. Tuncay Hat-trick and Muamba.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:19 am

adamworthy2002 wrote:We'll either lose 14 - 0

or

fixed that for you...

adamworthy2002
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by adamworthy2002 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:21 am

thebish wrote:
adamworthy2002 wrote:We'll either lose 14 - 0

or

fixed that for you...
I was being optimistic :cry:


Lennon'sEleven
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Lennon'sEleven » Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:47 am

BwfcDan wrote:Of all the names you could have give them in the thread title, you go with Man U? Jesus christ...

Oh and we'll win 2-0.

Scum.
Nothing wrong with a bit of no-nonsense every now and then. Why give 'em the feeling of being something special by kowtowing to a need for special nicknames? They're just man U. Nowt special. Another team.

And I'm sure there will be no shortage of nicknames throughout the thread, of varying degrees of taste, to keep you satisfied.
Formerly known as Meg'sEleven. And Owen'sEleven. And Dougie'sEleven. We're getting through them aren't we...

Sponge
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Sponge » Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:47 am

adamworthy2002 wrote:

This.

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:59 am

Can't see us losing this game.

BwfcDan
Reliable
Reliable

Post by BwfcDan » Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:16 pm

Owen'sEleven wrote:
BwfcDan wrote:Of all the names you could have give them in the thread title, you go with Man U? Jesus christ...

Oh and we'll win 2-0.

Scum.
Nothing wrong with a bit of no-nonsense every now and then. Why give 'em the feeling of being something special by kowtowing to a need for special nicknames? They're just man U. Nowt special. Another team.

And I'm sure there will be no shortage of nicknames throughout the thread, of varying degrees of taste, to keep you satisfied.
They are special, they're c*nts.
"Im a big fish in a small pond"... "Your not a big fish! Your not even a fish!"

Armchair Wanderer
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Armchair Wanderer » Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:41 pm

Going to this one too. Hoping for us to have a go and for some of the new signings to play.

I watched the 8-2 in the pub last weekend and we've had a great transfer window. Ignoring our last game both teams are playing well. Hopefully Muamba's head is right and we're all up for it.
The players you fail to sign never lose you any money.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:38 pm

seanworth wrote:Can't see us losing this game.
I can! 8)

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:41 pm

Good luck, i doubt you will win but i really hope you do.... (Purely for the love of Bolton, not cos i hate Man Utd you understand ;) )

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:43 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:Good luck, i doubt you will win but i really hope you do.... (Purely for the love of Bolton, not cos i hate Man Utd you understand ;) )
I think you're now in the market for a new bitter rival - a team more at your level... :wink: Everton? Villa?

Sponge
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Sponge » Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:43 pm

thebish wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:Good luck, i doubt you will win but i really hope you do.... (Purely for the love of Bolton, not cos i hate Man Utd you understand ;) )
I think you're now in the market for a new bitter rival - a team more at your level... :wink: Everton? Villa?

Norwich?

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:44 pm

thebish wrote:
And there i was quietly hoping that Bolton would win cos it would make you happy too... And this is what i get in return! Sniff! I'm hurt Bish! Hurt i tell you...

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:45 pm

Sponge wrote:
thebish wrote:

Norwich?
Ho ho... Now thats just mean...

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:58 pm

We're wasting our time if we go 4-4-2 with Muamba/NRC/Petrov/Eagles/Davies/Klasnic. We created nothing against Liverpool and little against City apart from a couple of excellently taken half-chances, infact in general we must be going at near 100% in terms of chances converted.

Aside from that, I just don't see the point in persevering with it until we get sufficiently dicked to change it. Does anybody believe that is our strongest set-up?

If we have to go 4-4-2, and Davies has to play, then at the very least Tuncay should come in for Klasnic. Sorry Ivan.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:59 pm

Tombwfc wrote:We're wasting our time if we go 4-4-2 with Muamba/NRC/Petrov/Eagles/Davies/Klasnic. We created nothing against Liverpool and little against City apart from a couple of excellently taken half-chances, infact in general we must be going at near 100% in terms of chances converted.

Aside from that, I just don't see the point in persevering with it until we get sufficiently dicked to change it. Does anybody believe that is our strongest set-up?

If we have to go 4-4-2, and Davies has to play, then at the very least Tuncay should come in for Klasnic. Sorry Ivan.
indeed - with 4-4-2 will will be utterly over-run and chasing shadows...