CH's all singing all dancing transfer gossip thread on toast

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Re: CH's all singing all dancing transfer gossip thread on t

Post by plymouth wanderer » Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:35 pm

i'm a right tit :mrgreen:
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

Salford Trotter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Salford Trotter » Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:05 am

Eaves was training Thursday so hopefully he'll offer real aternative up front when fit but watch out for O'Hallaron he is very well regarded in the club and offers great pace, probably the quickest player at the club, so expect to see him play a bigger role as the months go by.
The Voice Of Reason

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:03 am

Good that one or two are looking like coming through, but O'Halloran didn't get 15m even against Macc. Eaves (& OK, he was injured in the summer) has yet to make his debut. Connelly seems written off.

When we were forced to give Riley a go he seemed decent enough.

I appreciate that this level requires exceptional ability to break through, but we don't seem to match even our local rivals.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:08 am

O'Halloran looks shite
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:08 am

Heard that Blakeman was well thought of as well....

Choppers
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Choppers » Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:06 am

ChrisC wrote:Been lots of reports of a snub from Hoillet but Nixon reckons he hasn't had the chance to snub us yet because we haven't made a bid yet.
If Hoilett goes, it'll be to a big club. He's a top youngster.
http://www.godisageek.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; | A Videogame Site With A Difference
http://www.twitter.com/jebusf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; | Twitter

Sponge
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Sponge » Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:53 am

Choppers wrote:
ChrisC wrote:Been lots of reports of a snub from Hoillet but Nixon reckons he hasn't had the chance to snub us yet because we haven't made a bid yet.

Exactly. It's great being ambitious, but neither these kids from Spain (apparently we've inquired about both Jese and Iturbe) nor Hoilett are going to want to come to us. I fear Coyle's wasting time.

(Hopefully I'll be eating my words come the end of the transfer window.)

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:01 pm

Sponge wrote:
Choppers wrote:

Exactly. It's great being ambitious, but neither these kids from Spain (apparently we've inquired about both Jese and Iturbe) nor Hoilett are going to want to come to us. I fear Coyle's wasting time.

Just to stick up for Coyle a little here (I don't think he's chasing the right players - my opinion) BUT

The point Nixon makes about Hoilett is that Blackburn want to sell, need to sell him. Nobody else has made any sort of approach other than us. Therefore how much choice will he have? And he hasn't turned us down as we've not even bid for him yet and presumably can't unless Cahill goes. I can't see it happening, but having said that, I don't think its as ridiculous as folk make out. He's been pretty poor this season anyhow, and why we want to spend 5M on him, in our position is beyond me, but anyhow....

Also neither of those loan players have turned us down either. The clubs won't release them on loan at the minute, but that could change by the end of the window. If not we'll look elsewhere.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:03 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sponge wrote:
Choppers wrote:

Just to stick up for Coyle a little here (I don't think he's chasing the right players - my opinion) BUT

The point Nixon makes about Hoilett is that Blackburn want to sell, need to sell him. Nobody else has made any sort of approach other than us. Therefore how much choice will he have? And he hasn't turned us down as we've not even bid for him yet and presumably can't unless Cahill goes. I can't see it happening, but having said that, I don't think its as ridiculous as folk make out. He's been pretty poor this season anyhow, and why we want to spend 5M on him, in our position is beyond me, but anyhow....

Also neither of those loan players have turned us down either. The clubs won't release them on loan at the minute, but that could change by the end of the window. If not we'll look elsewhere.

Won't it be too late by then? :wink:

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:06 pm

This transfer window has been a bit rubbish really. I do see what Coyle is trying to do by bringing the younger types of players in and I think he's missing a trick by not bidding for Ravel Morrison/Nicky Maynard.
Pfffft.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:16 pm

Who the feck is Ravel Morrison? They've just been on about him on SSN.

Has he ever played for the firsts?
May the bridges I burn light your way

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:20 pm

Old Red nose has him down as a future superstar problem is he's a bit of a 'gangsta' and he's good enough to be in the first team but has a few 'away from football' issues
Pfffft.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:11 pm

Newcastle are in for him aren't they?
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:46 pm

Ah. He'll flourish up in toon. Great place for troubled youngsters to avoid drink drugs and birds!

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:02 pm

officer_dibble wrote:Ah. He'll flourish up in toon. Great place for troubled youngsters to avoid drink drugs and birds!
Yep. Real Billy Big Bollox isn't he !!

Satan has given up on him from all accounts ... he's supposed to have talent, but also an intollerable "gangsta" type.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:58 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Who the feck is Ravel Morrison? They've just been on about him on SSN.

Has he ever played for the firsts?
Best youth product they've had in a generation. Or so they say.

He's also been done for witness intimidation, so not too cuddly.
"Young people, nowadays, imagine money is everything."

"Yes, and when they grow older they know it."

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:49 pm

officer_dibble wrote:Ah. He'll flourish up in toon. Great place for troubled youngsters to avoid drink drugs and birds!
Not sure he deserves a "troubled youngster" tag. If he didn't play football he'd just be called a thug. Let him go anywhere but here.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

norm the jedi
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by norm the jedi » Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:55 pm

A modern day el hajjiiii douffff...
a cert for West Ham
Are we in League 2 yet - Three seasons and we'll be away to Chesham

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:00 pm

Ravel Morrison's a talented tw@t. I mentioned him as a possible target in a transfer-window piece I wrote ten days ago (which, Ratbert tells me, is somehow breaking TW's back end). Oh well... :?

Meanwhile, interesting words from OC in the BeN:
“I don’t alter my targets depending on whether Gary is here or Gary is not here,” Coyle said.

“I have a picture in mind of how I feel I can develop this football club. I am making inroads into one or two players who I think can make a difference. We have to plan, and my targets won’t alter if Gary stays.

“If it’s possible financially, then only time will tell, but it won’t stop me trying to bring young, progressive players to this club.

“In an ideal world, and any manager will tell you, you’d love to be told you have x amount to spend.

“We’ve never had the luxury of that but it’s not something I get too fussed about.”
So we don't actually have a budget?!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:23 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Ravel Morrison's a talented tw@t. I mentioned him as a possible target in a transfer-window piece I wrote ten days ago (which, Ratbert tells me, is somehow breaking TW's back end). Oh well... :?

Meanwhile, interesting words from OC in the BeN:
“I don’t alter my targets depending on whether Gary is here or Gary is not here,” Coyle said.

“I have a picture in mind of how I feel I can develop this football club. I am making inroads into one or two players who I think can make a difference. We have to plan, and my targets won’t alter if Gary stays.

“If it’s possible financially, then only time will tell, but it won’t stop me trying to bring young, progressive players to this club.

“In an ideal world, and any manager will tell you, you’d love to be told you have x amount to spend.

“We’ve never had the luxury of that but it’s not something I get too fussed about.”
So we don't actually have a budget?!
I suspect he's just comparing his limited budget to some of the big spenders DSB.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?