Relegation

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Relegation

Post by CAPSLOCK » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:03 am

When we played Sunderland under Allardyce (televised game 1-1 draw) I thought we were going down

When Sammy Lee was in charge, I thought we were going down

Other than those 2 times, I've never really worried

Yeah, its been tight, but I always thought we'd get away with it

I'm now officially worried

Our 2 best players are out for the season

Our two goalscorers from last season are long gone

It isn't a lost cause, but something has to change

To start with, the manager needs to identify his best team

All this chopping and changing gets us nowhere

Problem is, I don't think he knows his best team

Be honest, has anybody got any idea what he'll start with on Sunday?

Fitness permitting, for me, it'd be

Jussi
Steinnson
Boyata
Cahill
Gardner

Davies M
NRC
Muamba
Petrov

Tuncay

Ngog

nb if he doesn't start Boyata and Tuncay, I'll wonder why we signed 'em

And no, this aint cos we've lost to 4 of the best teams in Europe, it's because we're a disorganised rabble
Sto ut Serviam

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Relegation

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:11 am

Agreed, the most worrying aspect is the complete lack of organisation. We are not good enough to get away with that.

If we had competed and been organised and able to contain teams I'd not be worried, but as it is I am.

As you say Coyle needs to pick a side and stick with it, and it needs to be the right one!

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:14 am

You'll be fine, you just had a tough run of fixtures at the start of the season. This should be on the knee-jerk thread! ;) Chelsea excluded possibly, you'll pick up a ton of points in your next few fixtures...

P.O.S.
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by P.O.S. » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:26 am

Im feeling pretty glum about our chances this morning too, the worst I have since probably that 4-0 at Villa under Megson and before that the great escape against Boro on the final day.

Like Caps said, fair enough we've played some of the top sides and thats what everyone keeps telling me, but the fact that weve played them all in one big block means that now we have to somehow put together a run of unbeaten games to catch up. Consecutive victories. I just cant see it right now and the latest Holden injury has hammered my confidence a bit further. A massive Autumn for us this, massive.

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:33 am

P.O.S. wrote:Im feeling pretty glum about our chances this morning too, the worst I have since probably that 4-0 at Villa under Megson and before that the great escape against Boro on the final day.

Like Caps said, fair enough we've played some of the top sides and thats what everyone keeps telling me, but the fact that weve played them all in one big block means that now we have to somehow put together a run of unbeaten games to catch up. Consecutive victories. I just cant see it right now and the latest Holden injury has hammered my confidence a bit further. A massive Autumn for us this, massive.
Oh yeah, we were down then, too

Forgot that one

Thanks
Sto ut Serviam

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:44 am

Ever so slightly optomistic myself.....ever so slightly.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:44 am

I suspect that is the longest post CAPS has ever made (times must be bad)!! - and, pretty much spot on with that team...

(though - didn't someone say that after the rigours of a whole game Bibi's knee had crumbled away to dust again?)

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:50 am

thebish wrote:I suspect that is the longest post CAPS has ever made (times must be bad)!! - and, pretty much spot on with that team...

(though - didn't someone say that after the rigours of a whole game Bibi's knee had crumbled away to dust again?)
No, his 'calf was in bits', but nobody knows what that even means.

elfil76
Reliable
Reliable

Post by elfil76 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:53 am

CAPSLOCK wrote:When we played Sunderland under Allardyce (televised game 1-1 draw) I thought we were going down

When Sammy Lee was in charge, I thought we were going down

Other than those 2 times, I've never really worried

Yeah, its been tight, but I always thought we'd get away with it

I'm now officially worried

Our 2 best players are out for the season

Our two goalscorers from last season are long gone

It isn't a lost cause, but something has to change

To start with, the manager needs to identify his best team

All this chopping and changing gets us nowhere

Problem is, I don't think he knows his best team

Be honest, has anybody got any idea what he'll start with on Sunday?

Fitness permitting, for me, it'd be

Jussi
Steinnson
Boyata
Cahill
Gardner

Davies M
NRC
Muamba
Petrov

Tuncay

Ngog

nb if he doesn't start Boyata and Tuncay, I'll wonder why we signed 'em

And no, this aint cos we've lost to 4 of the best teams in Europe, it's because we're a disorganised rabble
you got it right, don't know what is the best team and looks very disorganized. Worried...

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:57 am

Nod of approval from me as well...though i would maybe line it up 4231 with davies m centrally and tuncay wide right. any ream without that fanny knight in is better.

it is early to use the r word but how poorly organised defensively is a shambles...i really doubt we train set pieces, crosses etc. something seriously awry with the coaching staff imo.

plus all this bad luck, its like some other forces are pulling us down as well, like our time is up!

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:05 am

We have a good positive manager. It's just a shame he seems to give a job to all his pals, who are probably incapable of setting up a team.

As long as they all have a good laugh in training though, eh?
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:11 am

I am not officially worrying, until the end of October. I promised myself I wouldn't.

I do agree that we don't seem to be organised very well, nor know which is our best team.

But I'm not worried, oh no. Ask me again on the 1st of November.

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:12 am

All was looking so rosy 6 months ago.

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:17 am

ohjimmyjimmy wrote:All was looking so rosy 6 months ago.
And since then we've lost our best 4 players

So, the job is harder than anybody ever thought it would be
Sto ut Serviam

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:18 am

Didnt say we hadnt did i...blasted invisible ink.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:21 am

if we could just, possibly, maybe take a point off Chelsea on sunday, that could give us the confidence to win the next six, Wigan, Sunlun, Swansea, Stoke, West brom and Everton. all this gloom will seem like a distant memory.

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:23 am

Get outta here with your optimism !

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:49 am

I have a dream:

I dream of the day when we'll realise just how many balls we whack out of defence every game, every season, that go straight back to the opposition because there's nobody outside the last quarter of our field. A day when we realise that a box packed with a "defence" where everybody gets in each others way because panic strikes every time the opposition mounts an attack isn't working. A day when wingers/wide men and strikers actually hover around the half way line and said wide men aren't supposed to spend all there time "helping out the defence" but doing what wingers should do and be part of an attack force.

I dream of midfielders who actually have somebody free to pass to when they get the ball instead of "over to you Charles" passes that inevitably go backwards and finish with Jussi leathering the ball to a front man with less company in his teams colours than a leper in an A & E ward. A midfiled who can shove telling balls forward at levels less than rarified oxygen heights and give strikers a chance to run with the ball instead of needing an ariel tracking device to find it. Midfileders whose mental music is more William Tell Overture and not the theme from Chariots of Fire.

I dream of tight man marking and hassling by a defence that doesn't gift space and possesion to the opposition like birthday presents, and most of all I dream of action taking place in the opposition half of the field......

And then I wake up....
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:49 am

General Mannerheim wrote:if we could just, possibly, maybe take a point off Chelsea on sunday, that could give us the confidence to win the next six, Wigan, Sunlun, Swansea, Stoke, West brom and Everton. all this gloom will seem like a distant memory.
thankyou General! Let it be so!!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:51 am

TANGODANCER wrote:I have a dream:

A midfield who can shove telling balls forward at levels less than rarified oxygen heights and give strikers a chance to run with the ball instead of needing an ariel tracking device to find it.
are you subliminally suggesting we bin off Kevin Davies?? :wink: