Would anyone get involved in a Bolton Ultras group?

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Would anyone get involved in a Bolton Ultras group?

Post by Lord Kangana » Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:34 pm

I believe the Lazio ones are a specific group called the Irreducibli (sounds cooler in Italian than it looks).
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

ebby
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by ebby » Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:01 pm

P.O.S. wrote:
ebby wrote:I went watching FC Union in Berlin a couple of months back now I dunno if you class their supporters as Ultras or not but they all gave up their own time help build the stadium.

The game was amazing, the team actually lost 4-1, missed a penalty and got a man sent off but fans were singing until the end, the atmosphere was amazing all game, and the team even did a lap of honour, it was bizarre.

If we could have even half as good support as that Bolton it would be amazing so if forming an ultras group helps to do that kind of thing then I'd be supportive.
Ive seen Hertha Berlin a couple of times and they always do a lap of honour then sit down in front of the part of the stand housing the main support for a while taking in the atmosphere, regardless of the result
I saw herta too a in may, while in didn't stay behind after to see a lap of honour all through the game their fans were pure quality, there was a section behind the goal with the main fans...a guy with a megaphone orchestrating them, same at FC union

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:00 am

Lord Kangana wrote:I believe the Lazio ones are a specific group called the Irreducibli (sounds cooler in Italian than it looks).
Are they the ones that throw scooters and pig's heads at folk? :?
May the bridges I burn light your way

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:28 am

Funny, I always thought that was what the 'officially' recognised supporter clubs were for. Perhaps the English ones are a bit too staid or afraid the club they represent will disown them should they become a little too fanatical. Fanatical, by the way, does not have to be connected with misbehaviour any more than does 'boisterous'. Perhaps it's those supporters and fans who have become disillusioned with the treatment meted to them by officialdom that spawned these types of groups? If my experience in communicating with our beloved club is anything to go by I wouldn't be at all surprised. Whilst I am well aware that the club badge is a copyrighted symbol I still cannot understand why the club would flatly refuse the use of it on a supporter's web site situated over 16,000 Kilometres away without signing up to some sort of affiliation arrangement.

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:53 pm

If I joined, would I have to stay til the end

Cos it's not much fun when the game is over as a contest 5 minutes in
Sto ut Serviam

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:00 pm

CAPSLOCK wrote:If I joined, would I have to stay til the end

As I was going back to the car yesterday overheard a bloke saying that Gartside buggered off after half an hour yesterday!

Who can blame him?

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:04 pm

Well its not what I heard, but I did hear he was getting dogs abuse, so maybe he moved his seat?
Sto ut Serviam

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:04 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
CAPSLOCK wrote:If I joined, would I have to stay til the end

As I was going back to the car yesterday overheard a bloke saying that Gartside buggered off after half an hour yesterday!

Who can blame him?
he was meeting Shteve's representatives in a secret Reebok bunker...

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:01 pm

CAPSLOCK wrote:Well its not what I heard, but I did hear he was getting dogs abuse, so maybe he moved his seat?
Think that's more likely. Sure the camera panned to him just before/after HT on the highlights.

Arms folded, not looking reet impressed.

If OC reports that we've left ourselves with a mountain to climb one more fecking time, Chris Bonnington will be putting in an application.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:09 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
CAPSLOCK wrote:Well its not what I heard, but I did hear he was getting dogs abuse, so maybe he moved his seat?
Think that's more likely. Sure the camera panned to him just before/after HT on the highlights.

If OC reports that we've left ourselves with a mountain to climb one more fecking time, Chris Bonnington will be putting in an application.
If he uses the term "elite clubs" one more time, I might puke!!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:29 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:

If he uses the term "elite clubs" one more time, I might puke!!
We do really need to compile the OC Bingo list. "Terrific quality' and 'Barclay's Premier League' when just 'the league' will do, get my goat
May the bridges I burn light your way

BwfcDan
Reliable
Reliable

Post by BwfcDan » Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:39 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Lord Kangana wrote:I believe the Lazio ones are a specific group called the Irreducibli (sounds cooler in Italian than it looks).
Are they the ones that throw scooters and pig's heads at folk? :?
Maybe we can throw pigs feet at opposition fans, you get about 5 for a £1 in most pet stores. 8)
"Im a big fish in a small pond"... "Your not a big fish! Your not even a fish!"