Bolton v Stoke

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Re: Bolton v Stoke

Post by Wandering Willy » Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:36 pm

Hook, line ......and sinker. :wink:
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.

Sponge
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Sponge » Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:45 pm

thebish wrote:
Wandering Willy wrote:
ratbert wrote:Match preview and report up for grabs. There's plenty to talk about for this one.
If you still need a preview, I'll knock one out.
yeah - but can you also do a preview??

:pray:

scotty
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by scotty » Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:37 pm

thebish wrote:
Wandering Willy wrote:
ratbert wrote:Match preview and report up for grabs. There's plenty to talk about for this one.
If you still need a preview, I'll knock one out.
yeah - but can you also do a preview??
Hahahaha!
Who's that coming up the hill boys,
The Wanderers are coming up the hill boys,
They all laugh at us, they all mock at us,
They all say our days are numbered,

Born to be a Wanderer, victorious are we....

bwfc_ben
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by bwfc_ben » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:08 pm

Just got a felling our lads are gonna walk out look at the stoke players and think SHIT!!!!
and 90mins later Bolton 0-5 Stoke i really want to think we can beat them but i have lost all faith in Coyle's tactics and the players.
Owen Coyle: Ladies and gentlemen. Bolton will be playing Four-Four-fecking Two.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:08 am

This isn't just another game. Stoke were the start of one of the worst spells we've had for a long time. Can't blame them, we got to Wembley, met them and just fell to pieces. We were dead as soon as they scored because, in chasing the ace we were always open to the counter and they battererd us for it. We need to re-write the chapter. They'll probably look at our form and think they can do it again, but we're the ones with something to prove. Our turf and our castle. Let's get out there and sort it. No better time or place to start going upwards. Wipe the memory of Wembley away. No, this isn't just another game, it's a score to settle. let's do it.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:59 am

There will be no better point this season than this game to turn ourselves around.

Beating Stoke will hopefully kill a few demons that may be lurking and finally give us a victory at home.

I'm not sure that's going to happen, but I bloody hope it does!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:17 am

Wish people would stop banging on about the "Wembley demons".

FFS the only demons we have now is that we're in the bottom three and well under a ppg and with no home points at all, on our worst run of home form ever.

Now Stoke are playing three games in a week, aren't on the best run of form, go to Israel of all places, have some injuries and under normal circumstances will be there for the taking.

If we beat Stoke, we've got 3 points, and thats it.

Will only turn us round if we then go on a proper unbeaten ideally winning run.

Beating Wigan did not turn our season round like many expected.

If we beat Stoke, it just means three points and nowt more till we show that we can maintain results over a proper period of time.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:19 am

Yeah but we're not going to beat Stoke.
Businesswoman of the year.

Passionate
Passionate

Post by 2399 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:48 am

Yes we can!!!!

I'll drink some alcohol beforehand, that will help for sure

Bruno3
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Bruno3 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:15 am

Trying hard to be positive but the only positive I can see is that I'm positive it'll be sh*t

BwfcDan
Reliable
Reliable

Post by BwfcDan » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:01 am

It's gonna be a bloody awful game on Sunday.

We'll lose. Bolton 1-3 Stoke.
"Im a big fish in a small pond"... "Your not a big fish! Your not even a fish!"

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:13 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Wish people would stop banging on about the "Wembley demons". Now Stoke are playing three games in a week, aren't on the best run of form, go to Israel of all places, have some injuries and under normal circumstances will be there for the taking.
And I wish people would stop thinking Stoke have to play three games in a week and have injuries before we can beat them. Just play them and beat them whatever, they're not Barcelona.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:17 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:Wish people would stop banging on about the "Wembley demons". Now Stoke are playing three games in a week, aren't on the best run of form, go to Israel of all places, have some injuries and under normal circumstances will be there for the taking.
And I wish people would stop thinking Stoke have to play three games in a week and have injuries before we can beat them. Just play them and beat them whatever, they're not Barcelona.
And we are a little below a half decent pub team!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:33 pm

Hoboh wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
And we are a little below a half decent pub team!
Okay, scrub the fixture and we'll play Mount Street Taven instead. :|

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:34 pm

I think I'd rather we just gave Stoke the three points now and spare ourselves the embarrassing formality of actually having to play the game.

That way the boys can spend Sunday playing table tennis and hide and seek dressed as St Trinian's or whatever it is they do all day in training instead of practising defending set pieces without the game getting in the way and spoiling their fun.
Businesswoman of the year.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:44 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:I think I'd rather we just gave Stoke the three points now and spare ourselves the embarrassing formality of actually having to play the game.

That way the boys can spend Sunday playing table tennis and hide and seek dressed as St Trinian's or whatever it is they do all day in training instead of practising defending set pieces without the game getting in the way and spoiling their fun.
:lol:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:51 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
They do though Tango, fully fit rested Stoke, and we'd have little to no chance against them!

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:16 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Wish people would stop banging on about the "Wembley demons".

FFS the only demons we have now is that we're in the bottom three and well under a ppg and with no home points at all, on our worst run of home form ever.

Now Stoke are playing three games in a week, aren't on the best run of form, go to Israel of all places, have some injuries and under normal circumstances will be there for the taking.

If we beat Stoke, it just means three points and nowt more till we show that we can maintain results over a proper period of time.
That isn't true though, is it? They didn't beat us, the annihilated us, and confidence for the rest of the season was shit. This season we've never recovered, and confidence is clearly shot to bits. Psychologically Sunday is massive, and a win could make a real difference in terms of confidence, and actually putting together a couple of results at once. I'd put money on it being a shit game, they'll be bolloxed, we've no confidence, which means we need somebody to take it on themselves to do something fecking, erm, 'good' for once and get us some points. The only problem is they're a set of cowards (which is what I think Coyle's problem is - harshly- with Muamba).

Heart says 1-0 win, Klasnic, head says 1-1 draw, with them scoring a late equaliser kicking us even harder in the balls.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

FaninOz
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FaninOz » Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:26 pm

Prufrock wrote:Heart says 1-0 win, Klasnic, head says 1-1 draw, with them scoring a late equaliser kicking us even harder in the balls.
Unfortunatley I can't see us keeping them down to only one goal and I just can't see us scoring more than 1 so 1-2 is the most likely result.

I hope that I'm wrong and we can do a wembley on them, 5-0 and here's :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:
Depression is just a state of mind, supporting Bolton is also a state of mind hence supporting Bolton must be depressing QED

Andy Waller
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Andy Waller » Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:27 pm

Prufrock wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:Wish people would stop banging on about the "Wembley demons".

That isn't true though, is it? They didn't beat us, the annihilated us, and confidence for the rest of the season was shit. This season we've never recovered, and confidence is clearly shot to bits. Psychologically Sunday is massive, and a win could make a real difference in terms of confidence, and actually putting together a couple of results at once. I'd put money on it being a shit game, they'll be bolloxed, we've no confidence, which means we need somebody to take it on themselves to do something fecking, erm, 'good' for once and get us some points. The only problem is they're a set of cowards (which is what I think Coyle's problem is - harshly- with Muamba).

Heart says 1-0 win, Klasnic, head says 1-1 draw, with them scoring a late equaliser kicking us even harder in the balls.
I do agree. No-one looks particularly a*sed when we conceed. At least NRC has some balls in him. Robbo has but he's too old to make it count anymore.
What a hero, What a man...... Ooooh, what a bad foul...