Bolton v Stoke

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: Bolton v Stoke

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:39 pm

Prufrock wrote: We want catharsis!
Who does he play for, and is he on the transfer list? :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Jokers in White
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jokers in White » Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:42 pm

boltonboris wrote:
Jokers in White wrote:We will see just how hard they have trained this week come full time sun, stoke's players should be knackered after the amount of travelling and games they will have played. Hope its raining because delap can't throw a wet ball!
If 4 players play for Stoke from tonights lineup, I'll be amazed. They've a big squad.
True, but they don't chop and change to much even in europe. I think delap's arms will get a rest tonight, they may rest 1 of the back 4 too and start with walters and jones up front with crouch rested.
https://twitter.com/Chaddy_81" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:58 pm

Prufrock wrote:
thebish wrote:
Prufrock wrote:
Disagree. We certainly didn't look confident against QPR until we scored. And we've rarely looked confident since. You can win the odd game even when confidence is shot. I think they're a fragile set of tarts as as it is, and I don't think the atmosphere around the club has recovered since Stoke. I think psychologically beating Stoke would be a massive lift, would frame the debacle, and allow us to move on, far bigger than beating Wigan, or had we beaten Swansea. And massive for Coyle,who hasn't recovered. I still think there's an indirect, pervasive influence from that Stoke game around the whole place. We want catharsis!

cod armchair psycho-babble! :P
Dr Melfi disagrees.
file in bin with other cod-psychy-wanky ideas such as "closure"!

Il Pirate
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Il Pirate » Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:07 pm

truewhite15 wrote:
Sponge wrote:
truewhite15 wrote:
thebish wrote:
Prufrock wrote:Arsenal who themselves were on a shocking run, with no confidence. We've won three games since. Unless you are suggesting confidence post Stoke hasn't been shockingly low? In which case I assume you just mention the Arsenal game because it is fun to do so and coz GG will almost certainly see it :D. I can go along with that.
no - merely to counteract the prevailing idea that we are necessarily paralysed and unable to win BECAUSE of that stoke game... unfortunately, i think it is far more serious than a couple of stoke-demons to be brushed aside...
I think that Arsenal game was an immediate backlash, masking the deeper psychological scars of the Wembley debacle, much as a mortally wounded soldier on the battlefield often finds it within himself, and utilises the raw adrenaline to strike out powerfully at the next opponent he sees, before succumbing to his injuries.

:shock:
Hey, I thought it was a good analogy...

Have you been listening to 'Camoflage' by Stan Ridgeway by any chance?

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:15 pm

It is the elephant in the room..a win would be big, massive. A defeat, and coylesa goner i think.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:17 pm

well they have just comfortably dealt with Maccabi Tel-Aviv away from home... fortress reebok next! :roll:

Sponge
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Sponge » Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:35 pm

truewhite15 wrote:
Sponge wrote:
truewhite15 wrote:
thebish wrote:
Prufrock wrote:Arsenal who themselves were on a shocking run, with no confidence. We've won three games since. Unless you are suggesting confidence post Stoke hasn't been shockingly low? In which case I assume you just mention the Arsenal game because it is fun to do so and coz GG will almost certainly see it :D. I can go along with that.
no - merely to counteract the prevailing idea that we are necessarily paralysed and unable to win BECAUSE of that stoke game... unfortunately, i think it is far more serious than a couple of stoke-demons to be brushed aside...
I think that Arsenal game was an immediate backlash, masking the deeper psychological scars of the Wembley debacle, much as a mortally wounded soldier on the battlefield often finds it within himself, and utilises the raw adrenaline to strike out powerfully at the next opponent he sees, before succumbing to his injuries.

:shock:
Hey, I thought it was a good analogy...
I think this will be up your street: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_Zp-BxL ... re=related" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Holden midfielder
Promising
Promising

Post by Holden midfielder » Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:03 pm

We will win this one. Bet we will see Jones and Jerome up front which we can handle. They have no depth on the wings and will be useless in CM and slow at th back. We need Ngog and Tuncay to stretch them and Petrov and Eagles on the wing to keep the FBs honest. Play the ball into space for our forwards to run onto and lom for the ball over the top to expose their lack of speed. Steady the nerves lads and 'ave a right go. They are tired, press them high up the pitch and give them no time on the ball.

R/s
SWP

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:11 pm

Holden midfielder wrote:We will win this one. Bet we will see Jones and Jerome up front which we can handle. They have no depth on the wings and will be useless in CM and slow at th back. We need Ngog and Tuncay to stretch them and Petrov and Eagles on the wing to keep the FBs honest. Play the ball into space for our forwards to run onto and lom for the ball over the top to expose their lack of speed. Steady the nerves lads and 'ave a right go. They are tired, press them high up the pitch and give them no time on the ball.

you've gone and jinxed it now!!!

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:13 pm

Jones and walterrs will fukin murder us

FaninOz
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FaninOz » Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:34 am

officer_dibble wrote:Jones and Walters will fukin murder us
Another Bolton reject I believe! :( :(
Depression is just a state of mind, supporting Bolton is also a state of mind hence supporting Bolton must be depressing QED

scotty
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by scotty » Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:31 am

thebish wrote:well they have just comfortably dealt with Maccabi Tel-Aviv away from home... fortress reebok next! :roll:
Sandcastle Reebok more like
Who's that coming up the hill boys,
The Wanderers are coming up the hill boys,
They all laugh at us, they all mock at us,
They all say our days are numbered,

Born to be a Wanderer, victorious are we....

ratbert
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ratbert » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:21 am

http://www.the-wanderer.co.uk/bolton/203-days-later" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Preview time! With added rallying cry!

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:25 am

They're going to twist the knife and taunt us mercilessly, aren't they?
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:30 am

Massive game but I can't see us winning this....but Coyle won't go even if we get dicked 4-0 / 5-0

If we're lucky we may just get a draw, but I suspect that Stoke will be up for this far more than our set of overpaid excuses for professional footballers & coaches, their fans will revel in taking the piss out of us about wembley for 90 mins. We'll start well for 15 - 20 mins at a high tempo and then Jussi will make his usual lethargic cock up and then swear at the fans for moaning, then the players will revert to type and roll over wanting their bellies tickled, and then after the game we'll get the same old excuses from clueless Coyle

But I really hope I'm proved wrong and this Bolton team & Coyle finally grow a pair and we get a vital 3 points, because another loss to Stoke especially at home would be very damaging especially to the fans who witnessed the Wembley debacle and they may turn on Coyle vocally.

Let's hope that for once this week Coyle & his pals have actually studied Stoke and come up with system & style to beat them, instead of concentrating on darts & ping pong competitions.

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:44 am

Dear Jim,

Please can you fix it for us to somehow not get dicked on sunday vs stoke...maybe some kind of flu epidemic in the stoke squad, or give their keeper the runs...not that they'd need him but hey, Pratley scored from the halfway line once, and i bet a Kevin Davies penatly would have a chance then. Anyway i'm babbling now...nothing worse than 0-2 please.

Yours,
Jimmy
Aged 35 nd a bit.

Andy Waller
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Andy Waller » Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:00 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
Correct.

Being pedantic, would we not want A catharsis?
What a hero, What a man...... Ooooh, what a bad foul...

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:07 am

Andy Waller wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
Correct.

I don't think colonic irrigation is the answer.
Businesswoman of the year.

Andy Waller
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Andy Waller » Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:10 am

CrazyHorse wrote:
Andy Waller wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
Correct.

I don't think colonic irrigation is the answer.
Depends on the question.
What a hero, What a man...... Ooooh, what a bad foul...

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:51 am

'What's long and wobbly and shoots out poo?'