Free Travel & £15 Tickets for WBA away

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Free Travel & £15 Tickets for WBA away

Post by boltonboris » Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:51 am

I never thought I'd see the day when BWFC had glory hunters

"I'm not supporting anymore, because we're no good"
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Andy Waller
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Andy Waller » Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:34 pm

£15 per ticket? Give me £20 and I'll think about it Fat Phil.
What a hero, What a man...... Ooooh, what a bad foul...

HMX
Passionate
Passionate

Post by HMX » Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:40 pm

It's worse thinking people have joined the forum just to have a go.

Gail Platz
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Gail Platz » Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:15 pm

Jokers in White wrote:Sign of desperation this offer, the club are desperate to keep the fans onside but if stoke batter us again then whats the point in wasting our time and energy going down there. Show me a good performance then i'll go, i've wasted enough money already this season watching this lot, i get no enjoyment with us breaking every bad record every week.
Isn't it West Brom that set the ticket prices?

As for the coach, it's again a nice gesture from the club, what are you complaining for?

Sometimes people can do no right.

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:43 pm

Gail Platz wrote:
Jokers in White wrote:Sign of desperation this offer, the club are desperate to keep the fans onside but if stoke batter us again then whats the point in wasting our time and energy going down there. Show me a good performance then i'll go, i've wasted enough money already this season watching this lot, i get no enjoyment with us breaking every bad record every week.

As for the coach, it's again a nice gesture from the club, what are you complaining for?

Yes, West Brom set the prices. Last week, the charged Liverpool supporters £42.

Jokers in White
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jokers in White » Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:52 pm

Gail Platz wrote:

I'm not talking about the ticket price i'm on about the free travel offer from the club, they only do things like this when we are struggling.
https://twitter.com/Chaddy_81" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sponge
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Sponge » Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:55 pm

Annoyed Grunt wrote:
Gail Platz wrote:

Yes, West Brom set the prices. Last week, the charged Liverpool supporters £42.

:lol: I'm think I'm beginning to warm to that West Bromwich lot.

Jokers in White
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jokers in White » Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:01 pm

[quote="Annoyed Grunt"][quote="Gail Platz"][quote="Jokers in White"]Sign of desperation this offer, the club are desperate to keep the fans onside but if stoke batter us again then whats the point in wasting our time and energy going down there. Show me a good performance then i'll go, i've wasted enough money already this season watching this lot, i get no enjoyment with us breaking every bad record every week.[/quote]

Sometimes people can do no right.[/quote]

Yes, West Brom set the prices. Last week, the charged Liverpool supporters £42.[/quote]
Last edited by Jokers in White on Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:10 pm

Jokers in White wrote:
Like ive just said to platz its not the ticket price i was on about but the fact they only put free travel on when we are struggling, 15quid is very cheap and we'll do the same when they come up to the reebok.
seems like basic good business sense to me! put the deals on when you need to encourage people through the door - when we're winning, they'll come anyway!

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:18 pm

We should return with £15-20 tickets when they are up here.

Jokers in White
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jokers in White » Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:26 pm

thebish wrote:
Jokers in White wrote:
Like ive just said to platz its not the ticket price i was on about but the fact they only put free travel on when we are struggling, 15quid is very cheap and we'll do the same when they come up to the reebok.
seems like basic good business sense to me! put the deals on when you need to encourage people through the door - when we're winning, they'll come anyway!
Just getting use to the site pal, its not going to encourage many with the way we are playing at the moment so how's that good business sense? if we were playing well and winning games and not conceding goals left right and centre then you would get more fans which then would increase away support and home which = more money
https://twitter.com/Chaddy_81" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:20 pm

Jokers in White wrote:
thebish wrote:
Jokers in White wrote:
Just getting use to the site pal, its not going to encourage many with the way we are playing at the moment so how's that good business sense? if we were playing well and winning games and not conceding goals left right and centre then you would get more fans which then would increase away support and home which = more money

hmmm.... faced with the choice of being a winning side to attract fans or putting on free travel to attract fans - I'm sure Eddie Davies would choose the former! But that's not happening - despite the weekly pledges of manager and team that next next week will be better! so, in the absence of the former, the latter is surely good business sense! (plus - free travel when nobody wants to go is a darn sight cheaper than free travel when everyone wants to go - so it is a goodwill gesture that ends up not costing much = good business sense!!)

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:53 am

2600 that end holds. If we don't sell that out, the club may aswell just pack it in

BwfcDan
Reliable
Reliable

Post by BwfcDan » Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:16 am

First time I went to the Hawthorns was in 2003. We sold 3,500, none of the free travel shite required. Finished 1-1 by the way, think Pedersen scored??

Anyway, it's amazing after 10 years in the Premiership how many folk have lost interest. If we wernt in debt, maybe a spell back in the Championship would have done us good. Promotion battle, the thought of playing sides like the scum, Liverpool, Arsenal etc once we went back up...
"Im a big fish in a small pond"... "Your not a big fish! Your not even a fish!"

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:28 am

BwfcDan wrote:First time I went to the Hawthorns was in 2003. We sold 3,500, none of the free travel shite required. Finished 1-1 by the way, think Pedersen scored??
Seem to remember an absolute worldy of an assist by Mendy for that.. Travelled about 60 yards with the ball beating about 4 players

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:09 pm

boltonboris wrote:an absolute worldy
:hang:
Sto ut Serviam

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:10 pm

It's what us pro's say

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:12 pm

I just said 'fcuking useless wankers' as Andy Johnson scored his late equaliser
Sto ut Serviam

Sponge
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Sponge » Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:55 am

CAPSLOCK wrote:
boltonboris wrote:an absolute worldy
:hang:
:lol:

the-Bowtun-Warrior
Reliable
Reliable

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:52 am

Ours is booked. Now to get today out the way (with a positive result that makes me even half interested for an away game & that bleeding club travel)