This IS what we want!

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

coffeymagic
Reliable
Reliable

This IS what we want!

Post by coffeymagic » Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:32 am

So what? So what if we're useless? So what if we're staring down a shotgun which fires financial disaster from one barrel and relegation from the other? So what if we can't defend, we can't go forward, our manager doesn't seem to know what his best team is or how to stop the rot and we're all holding our heads in our hands?

You know what I say?

Rejoice!

This is what being a Bolton fan is ALL about.

At half time on Saturday City fans booed their team off the pitch because they were drawing 0-0. Not losing, or lost at full time - DRAWING AT HALF TIME! BooOoOOOOoOoooOooOoo!

Chelsea fans jammed 606 phonelines complaining because they'd been on the wrong end of one of the most exciting games I've seen in a long long time 'I don't care' one caller told Spongo (or whatever he's called) 'Give me a boring 1-0 any day of the week'.

Where's the joie de vivre gone? When did football become about accumulating as many 1-0 wins as possible and killing the very 'passion' that football's meant to be about?

Imagine being so demanding of success that you confused the words 'not winning' with 'failure'. Failure? Are you having a laugh?

We are Bolton, we have ups and downs, the roller coaster ride is what it's all about. If you want to support a team that's never going to take your emotions anywhere, never sets your heart racing or never makes you feel alive then 'support' Manchester United or Barcelona.

Enjoy sitting on your hands waiting for the first goal to go in and then the second and then the third, applaud politely and then leave the ground weighed down by bags of tat you've bought from the Megastore.

Enjoy going to bed at 10.40 on a Saturday and enjoy telling your mates down the pub that you missed most of the second half because from your seat in row ZZ level 4, tier 10 it takes you almost an hour to get back to your car.

We are Bolton, we might go down, we might stay up, we might implode but one thing we'll always be is back!

Viva Owen Coyle! Viva Fabian DeFreitas! Viva Simon Rudge! Viva Wayne Foster! Viva Frankie worthy! Viva John Byrom! Viva Ivan Campo! Viva Simon Farnworth! Viva Nat! Viva.

Viva!

COME ON YOU WHITES!
I'm not asking you to 'think outside the box' I just wish you'd have a rummage around in it once in a while.

http://www.coffeymagic.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
twitter @thetonycoffey

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Re: This IS what we want!

Post by Gary the Enfield » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:00 am

coffeymagic wrote:So what? So what if we're useless? So what if we're staring down a shotgun which fires financial disaster from one barrel and relegation from the other? So what if we can't defend, we can't go forward, our manager doesn't seem to know what his best team is or how to stop the rot and we're all holding our heads in our hands?

You know what I say?

Rejoice!

At half time on Saturday City fans booed their team off the pitch because they were drawing 0-0. Not losing, or lost at full time - DRAWING AT HALF TIME! BooOoOOOOoOoooOooOoo!

Chelsea fans jammed 606 phonelines complaining because they'd been on the wrong end of one of the most exciting games I've seen in a long long time 'I don't care' one caller told Spongo (or whatever he's called) 'Give me a boring 1-0 any day of the week'.

Where's the joie de vivre gone? When did football become about accumulating as many 1-0 wins as possible and killing the very 'passion' that football's meant to be about?

Imagine being so demanding of success that you confused the words 'not winning' with 'failure'. Failure? Are you having a laugh?

We are Bolton, we have ups and downs, the roller coaster ride is what it's all about. If you want to support a team that's never going to take your emotions anywhere, never sets your heart racing or never makes you feel alive then 'support' Manchester United or Barcelona.

Enjoy sitting on your hands waiting for the first goal to go in and then the second and then the third, applaud politely and then leave the ground weighed down by bags of tat you've bought from the Megastore.

Enjoy going to bed at 10.40 on a Saturday and enjoy telling your mates down the pub that you missed most of the second half because from your seat in row ZZ level 4, tier 10 it takes you almost an hour to get back to your car.

We are Bolton, we might go down, we might stay up, we might implode but one thing we'll always be is back!

Viva Owen Coyle! Viva Fabian DeFreitas! Viva Simon Rudge! Viva Wayne Foster! Viva Frankie worthy! Viva John Byrom! Viva Ivan Campo! Viva Simon Farnworth! Viva Nat! Viva.

Viva!

COME ON YOU WHITES!

Too much caffeine coffeymagic?

I readily agree that we should celebrate the fact we're in the top flight.

Personally though I am disappointed that a team with players of SUCH promise last year can't seem to get going this.

However I have never and will never Boo my team. After every defeat this season I have worn a shirt or item of clothing with the Bolton emblem.

I am proud of my team. I am proud of my home town. I am proud of my county of birth.

Thanks CM, for the caffeine bomb! :grin:

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:11 am

Gary the Enfield wrote:
coffeymagic wrote:So what? So what if we're useless? So what if we're staring down a shotgun which fires financial disaster from one barrel and relegation from the other? So what if we can't defend, we can't go forward, our manager doesn't seem to know what his best team is or how to stop the rot and we're all holding our heads in our hands?

You know what I say?

Rejoice!

Viva!

COME ON YOU WHITES!

Personally though I am disappointed that a team with players of SUCH promise last year can't seem to get going this.

However I have never and will never Boo my team. After every defeat this season I have worn a shirt or item of clothing with the Bolton emblem.

I am proud of my team. I am proud of my home town. I am proud of my county of birth.Thanks CM, for the caffeine bomb! :grin:

The first ones streching it abit at this moment

Andy Waller
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Andy Waller » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:13 am

I started going in 1988 with my dad. We were bloody awful but everyone who was there, was there because they loved BWFC. The Reebok, like most grounds, has a large percentage of people who have never kicked a ball in their lives, 18yr olds acting hard towards a group of people 50 yards away and behind a wall of police and people who jumped on the band wagon when football became fashionable.

I don't want to go down but it might be a bit more "fun" than avoiding relegation every year.

And for god's sake, can we stop singing "W**ky Wanderers"?? It's not ironic when we are, in fact, w**k.
What a hero, What a man...... Ooooh, what a bad foul...

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:14 am

Hoboh wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:

You know what I say?

Rejoice!

Viva!

COME ON YOU WHITES!

I am proud of my team. I am proud of my home town. I am proud of my county of birth.Thanks CM, for the caffeine bomb! :grin:

Whatever the current team's performance is like I remain proud of being a BWFC supporter.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:16 am

Gary the Enfield wrote:
Hoboh wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:

You know what I say?

Rejoice!

Viva!

COME ON YOU WHITES!

Whatever the current team's performance is like I remain proud of being a BWFC supporter.
Thats not what you said :mrgreen: I'd agree with your revised point

Sponge
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Sponge » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:22 am

Bloody hell, somebody's been on the seratonin.

Andy Waller wrote:And for god's sake, can we stop singing "W**ky Wanderers"?? It's not ironic when we are, in fact, w**k.

Until about two years I thought it was "wakey wakey wanderers". Imagine the emotional turmoil in discovering you've been singing the wrong thing for 15 years.

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:25 pm

My mum for years thought we were chanting 'West Derby' when the crowd was doing 'Whites Army'...she did ask after 5 years why we chanted that, as we're in fact in Bolton and not West Derby.
Should have slapped her really...
Last edited by ohjimmyjimmy on Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

coffeymagic
Reliable
Reliable

Post by coffeymagic » Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:29 pm

My mate's ex thought we were singing 'We live in Bolton, we do....' and a few years back we caught one of the lads singing 'Oh, me lads' then he mumbled a bit and then went 'ask 'em what the fuss was about the Bolton boys are comin''

We all just stopped and looked at him.

Never lived that down.
I'm not asking you to 'think outside the box' I just wish you'd have a rummage around in it once in a while.

http://www.coffeymagic.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
twitter @thetonycoffey

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:33 pm

That Manny Road song was funny...you'd have a really loud 'WAAAAALKING DOWN THE MANNNYYY ROOOOOOAD.....to see the burnden aces! bit, then a slightly less loud 'ohh the lads, shoulda seen em runnin'
Then about 50 people would mumble their way through the verse until it came back to 'WAAAALKING DOWN THE MANNYYY ROOOOAD'

coffeymagic
Reliable
Reliable

Post by coffeymagic » Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:42 pm

Those words in full then.

Oh me lads,
Have you seen my money?
I left it here and gave a cheer,
When I thought I saw you comin'
Every time I leave my keys,
You move 'em off the sideboard,
Why can't you leave my stuff alone?
To see the Burnden Aces!

'I Breed Chickens' has to be the greatest football song ever.

twitter @thetonycoffey

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:46 pm

coffeymagic wrote:Those words in full then.

Oh me lads,
Have you seen my money?
I left it here and gave a cheer,
When I thought I saw you comin'
Every time I leave my keys,
You move 'em off the sideboard,
Why can't you leave my stuff alone?
To see the Burnden Aces!

'I Breed Chickens' has to be the greatest football song ever.

Followed by 'Eyes Right', although I wish we'd invented the 'Chip Butty' song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jA14bKuuSms" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:50 pm

"We keep chickens", surely?

Mate of mine thought the second line of the fightier version of "Lord of the Dance" ("Run, run, wherever you may be...") was "We are the bane of the UFC". Never did find out why; we couldn't ask him for laughing.

Andy Waller
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Andy Waller » Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:53 pm

"I'm in the mood for Frandsen... Johansen" anyone?
What a hero, What a man...... Ooooh, what a bad foul...

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:04 pm

The most rousing one for me is a continuous 10-15 minute full crowd rendition of 'we are the one and only wanderers'...gets the place rocking or certainly used to.

Armchair Wanderer
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Armchair Wanderer » Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:05 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:Followed by 'Eyes Right', although I wish we'd invented the 'Chip Butty' song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jA14bKuuSms" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Went to Brammall Lane a few weeks ago, that is a very impressive song! They sing it before kickoff in both halves.

Back to the original post I'd much rather support Bolton than one of the big boys. We have real things to worry about, those successful teams moan about things like not scoring enough goals (in a 5-0 win) or not looking defensively sound (after an 8-2 win). Teams like that don't have highs and lows. They can't appreciate the highs because there haven't been any lows, well, not in their lifetime.

I've never booed us* and I'm sure that if all this debt belongs to ED, the man himself must know what he's doing. If we go bust he'll lose a lot of that money, after all.

*I didn't Even boo Elmander on his last game when he was subbed!
The players you fail to sign never lose you any money.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:21 pm

coffeymagic wrote:At half time on Saturday City fans booed their team off the pitch because they were drawing 0-0. Not losing, or lost at full time - DRAWING AT HALF TIME! BooOoOOOOoOoooOooOoo!
To be fair though those City fans have always been unsatisfied cockends no matter what their situation. The other week when they went top, I swear a miserable tosser rang up GMR and angrily complained that it simply wasn't good enough. :crazy:
Businesswoman of the year.

HMX
Passionate
Passionate

Post by HMX » Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:34 pm

I love this thread.

Kudos to the threadstarter - really got me thinking.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:50 pm

One man went to mow used to be good on the coach after a few drinks lol.
(loved the supersonic sausage dog with rubber johnies on its feet)

ooops forgot the eats minced morsels for its tea

Gail Platz
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Gail Platz » Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:32 pm

I just see it as this - We're that bad at the moment I'm expecting us to lose every game. As a result, if we lose I don't go home disappointed, but if we manage a win then I'm bloody delighted!