klasnic

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

klasnic

Post by officer_dibble » Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:49 pm

What a shame its taken us 2 years to get him fit.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Re: klasnic

Post by TKIZ! » Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:50 pm

Ivan the Great.
Pfffft.

Gail Platz
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Gail Platz » Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:53 pm

In my opinion he's the best finisher in the league. If he's got the ball on his left foot with space, 9 times out of 10 it's in the back of the net.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:56 pm

He's best at hitting the ball early on the spin on his left foot.

Not sure his finishing all round is as good as is made out.

He was top draw today though, lovely touch, which sometimes goes unnoticed. Still not sure that him and Kev are right together ling term"

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:57 pm

Why can't we have a player get a hat-trick either? Plenty of braces but not one hat-trick since Bobic.

Gail Platz
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Gail Platz » Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:59 pm

Beefheart wrote:Why can't we have a player get a hat-trick either? Plenty of braces but not one hat-trick since Bobic.
Who gives a shit as long as we're winning?!

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:02 pm

I still don't think he is fully fit....I actually think he still needs more game time to get 100% fit, but he is a great natural finisher and he has an eye for that killer pass and could get better if we can play more consistantly like today - but he needs the service from midfield and balls into the box like today.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:04 pm

Gail Platz wrote:
Beefheart wrote:Why can't we have a player get a hat-trick either? Plenty of braces but not one hat-trick since Bobic.
Who gives a shit as long as we're winning?!
On that we're entirely in agreement. How many times do the team score three never mind one man?
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:07 pm

Its his work rate that im impressed with the most this season. he covers tge type of miles davies used to. Feet or head he is a great finisher, just a little slow (ala second goal today) but he has speed of thought that makes up for it (ala first goal). Quality player.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:02 pm

Gail Platz wrote:In my opinion he's the best finisher in the league. If he's got the ball on his left foot with space, 9 times out of 10 it's in the back of the net.
i said the same thing today and got lots of nodding heads around us! anyone know his 'shots on target' percentage?

LiOC
Reliable
Reliable

Post by LiOC » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:25 pm

He is one of the best finishers in the league-if the ball drops in the box there isn't a single different player I want there to hit it.

His work rate and fitness this season have really surprised me, last year he just could not produce for anywhere near 90 minutes, but this year he is definitely worth having in the starting 11. As long as he keeps fit he'll easily finish our top scorer this year.
BWFC_Insane wrote: Still not sure that him and Kev are right together ling term"
I think they work pretty well together (better than Elmander and Davies/Klasnic ever worked) just lack alot of pace. Would like to see more of him with Ngog.

davroduk
Reliable
Reliable

Post by davroduk » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:42 am

F3ckin H3ll.
The guy has one good game and he is suddenly God Almighty.
He has always had the potential to be good, but has blown hot and cold since being at the club.
I really hope that he can go on to greater things but lets not get carried away here.
TALKING BALLS AS ALWAYS

Andy Waller
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Andy Waller » Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:13 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:He's best at hitting the ball early on the spin on his left foot.

Not sure his finishing all round is as good as is made out.

He was top draw today though, lovely touch, which sometimes goes unnoticed. Still not sure that him and Kev are right together ling term"
Ling Term is sure popping them in for China but I don't know if he's Premiership quality...
What a hero, What a man...... Ooooh, what a bad foul...

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:14 am

davroduk wrote:F3ckin H3ll.
He has always had the potential to be good, but has blown hot and cold since being at the club.
I really hope that he can go on to greater things but lets not get carried away here.
It's him and Hernandez at United who have the best goals/minute ratios in the last 20 years, we just haven't had him on for enough minutes... for sometimes valid reasons.
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:19 am

The trouble for me with Davies and Klasnic is that a defence doesn't have to worry about the space in behind them at all. For me that makes it too easy to defend at times.

That said they've earned the right for the shirt next time out.

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:27 am

Is right - means runs like Eagles' for his 2nd or the several times Reo-Coker made runs in the direction of the the corner flag are invaluable, but sometimes risky in NRC's case.
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:33 am

davroduk wrote:F3ckin H3ll.

that's a load of penis. if you'd been concentrating you'd have realised he has been playing well all season.

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:33 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:The trouble for me with Davies and Klasnic is that a defence doesn't have to worry about the space in behind them at all. For me that makes it too easy to defend at times.

One thing Riley seemed to have in him, is the ability to play balls down the line which would be brilliant for Ngog
Sto ut Serviam

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:35 am

Athers wrote:Is right - means runs like Eagles' for his 2nd or the several times Reo-Coker made runs in the direction of the the corner flag are invaluable, but sometimes risky in NRC's case.
But not so risky if Muamba or Holden (or both) were his midfield partners.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:39 am

CAPSLOCK wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:The trouble for me with Davies and Klasnic is that a defence doesn't have to worry about the space in behind them at all. For me that makes it too easy to defend at times.

One thing Riley seemed to have in him, is the ability to play balls down the line which would be brilliant for Ngog
The other thing Riley seems to have is that based on that display he's the best crosser we've got in the squad. Which in theory should suit Klasnic and possibly Davies!