Bolton v Baggies - Match thread

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Andy Waller
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: Bolton v Baggies - Match thread

Post by Andy Waller » Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:35 pm

The Axman wrote:
Sponge wrote:
Andy Waller wrote:I'm having a huge fry up, a few drinks on the train, watching the Superwhites win 7-0, a few more drinks on the train home, out for a curry, slip the missus a crippler and then pass out. I'm not entertaining any other outcome than that.
Andy Waller wrote:I went there after the last match at Burnden, got arseholed, copped off with a reasonably good looking female and had a lovely kebab on the walk home. Awesome.
Good to see you're shunning the stereotype of the football-watching male!
Yep, really does beg the question: is the reasonably good looking female the same person as the missus? :D
I didn't go and have a "scrap" if that helps?

No, the missus is a stunner so well done me.
What a hero, What a man...... Ooooh, what a bad foul...

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:06 pm

Andy Waller wrote:
The Axman wrote:
Sponge wrote:
Andy Waller wrote:I'm having a huge fry up, a few drinks on the train, watching the Superwhites win 7-0, a few more drinks on the train home, out for a curry, slip the missus a crippler and then pass out. I'm not entertaining any other outcome than that.
Andy Waller wrote:I went there after the last match at Burnden, got arseholed, copped off with a reasonably good looking female and had a lovely kebab on the walk home. Awesome.
Yep, really does beg the question: is the reasonably good looking female the same person as the missus? :D

Yeah, but everyone thinks they have the prettiest wife at home.

HMX
Passionate
Passionate

Post by HMX » Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:24 pm

P.O.S. wrote:This happens to be my first visit to The Hawthorns despite how many times weve played there. Anywhere nearby considered an away friendly pub?

On another note, I wish Hawthorns was still open
The Vine is meant to be a decent away-friendly pub, but I didn't go last year. Bristolwanderer and I are heading to this one - would be up for a pint with any others from here 8)

Andy Waller
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Andy Waller » Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:34 pm

Annoyed Grunt wrote:
Andy Waller wrote:
The Axman wrote:
Sponge wrote:

Yeah, but everyone thinks they have the prettiest wife at home.
She is bloody hot to be fair.

P.O.S.
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by P.O.S. » Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:37 pm

Sponge wrote:

Had some of the best nights out ever in that place, it was so much better in its old dingy state before they did it up and tried to be some sort of j2-lite

Andy Waller
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Andy Waller » Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:37 pm

P.O.S. wrote:
Sponge wrote:

Had some of the best nights out ever in that place, it was so much better in its old dingy state before they did it up and tried to be some sort of j2-lite

Indie-go??

P.O.S.
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by P.O.S. » Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:53 pm

Andy Waller wrote:
P.O.S. wrote:
Sponge wrote:

Thats the one, Id forgotten the name they gave it

Indie-go??

hi there, i'm chris
Reliable
Reliable

Post by hi there, i'm chris » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:06 pm

P.O.S. wrote:
Sponge wrote:

What? It never went "J2-lite". Fridays and Saturdays ended up being more indie/rock, but it still was very much a rock club. Obviously the only of it's kind in Bolton. I loved it. I spent my thursdays there for many years and it's still sorely missed.

I've tried to set up a new Hawthornes in various different places through my promotion company over the last four years or so, but to no avail. Nothing will replace it unfortunately.
http://www.twitter.com/chrisbradish" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:54 pm

Sponge wrote:
Someones got too, all this grammar chat made this thread a bit gay! where is richard keys when you need him?

Andy Waller
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Andy Waller » Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:23 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Sponge wrote:
Someones got too, all this grammar chat made this thread a bit gay! where is richard keys when you need him?
Talksport.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:44 pm

Andy Waller wrote:She is bloody hot to be fair.
and she is dirty as feck, wears all the webbing :oyea:

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:42 pm

Andy Waller wrote:
P.O.S. wrote:This happens to be my first visit to The Hawthorns despite how many times weve played there. Anywhere nearby considered an away friendly pub?

On another note, I wish Hawthorns was still open
I went there after the last match at Burnden, got arseholed, copped off with a reasonably good looking female and had a lovely kebab on the walk home. Awesome.
We wnt to what ever Pink Panthers had morphed into after the last match. Theres a brick from the back of the Burnden Terrace probably still lying around the back of that place. I left it there for later collection, and then forgot it. I bet no-one knows its significance either...
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:31 am

Only in Bolton are you able to walk into a bar carrying a brick
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

GeraldCid
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by GeraldCid » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:39 am

Im predicting a modest, hard-fought win. 2-1.
French centre-back currently without club, will consider any role. Experienced plumber.

P.O.S.
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by P.O.S. » Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:33 am

hi there, i'm chris wrote:
P.O.S. wrote:
Sponge wrote:

What? It never went "J2-lite". Fridays and Saturdays ended up being more indie/rock, but it still was very much a rock club. Obviously the only of it's kind in Bolton. I loved it. I spent my thursdays there for many years and it's still sorely missed.

I've tried to set up a new Hawthornes in various different places through my promotion company over the last four years or so, but to no avail. Nothing will replace it unfortunately.
Okay, J2 is overdoing it a bit, but the fact is, the pre makeover Hawthorns suited the Thursday nights much better than it did once it was done up it didnt feel dark and dirty and gritty enough. Plus, the doorstaff on the new place were utter arseholes compared to the ones beforehand it was a novelty when you got in without some grief off someone on the door or behind the desk.

That said, had some great times there. The days of finishing work, going straight to Varsity then into Hawthorns and finishing it off with a take away from Marmaris were the best

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:12 pm

It was all about The Crown & Cushion back in my day.

Andy Waller
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Andy Waller » Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:18 pm

Annoyed Grunt wrote:It was all about The Crown & Cushion back in my day.
The Crown and Flick-knife?

Cheap beer, cheap pool/snooker, what more could you want?

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:36 pm

Andy Waller wrote:

That's the one.

Andy Waller
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Andy Waller » Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:39 pm

Annoyed Grunt wrote:
Andy Waller wrote:

That's the one.
Used to go on the 2nd floor, where the tables were, but never the club on the 1st floor. Jesus, it looked rough in there.

P.O.S.
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by P.O.S. » Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:47 pm

Im sensing a dedicated thread about boozers past and present, Im sure there would be many stories to be told!

The Alma, Man & Scythe, Varsity and Hawthorns were where I started out - then got into doing the Bradshawgate run, bars on there would change their name on a weekly basis