Coyle - Time to go? [post-Everton]

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Should he stay or should he go?

He should be given more time (indefinite)
28%
He should be given until Christmas
26%
He should be given a couple more games
13%
He should be sacked immediately
34%

Total votes: 94

Luna
Promising
Promising

Coyle - Time to go? [post-Everton]

Post by Luna » Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:44 pm

Thought I'd repost the poll so people could revote.

I think Coyle should be given till the Villa match - Spurs away is a write-off, but we should be beating Villa at home, and given we won 2-0 in the Carling Cup against a strong team earlier this season, it'll be a good measure of just how poorly the squad is now responding compared to earlier in the season.

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: Coyle - Time to go? [post-Everton]

Post by SmokinFrazier » Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:02 pm

I'd be really annoyed if Coyle went now.

I genuinely think he's a good manager with a good philosophy who has had a lot of luck go against him. Our best players last season were Elmander, even though he was poor on the right, Chung, Holden, Sturridge, Davies and probably Jussi. All those players either aren't at Bolton, are injured or coming to the end if their careers. Coyle has been unlucky with injuries and two key players, Chung and Holden, have proved irreplaceable. You could argue that Coyle should have done better in the transfer window but with our financial limitations, we'd only be able to sign someone who is a good bench warmer.

Coyle has had a lot go against him. When we've had a good team, he's done a good job, so I wouldn't want to rush him out.

Aside from all that, who is there to replace him? The only manager I'd want, would be Allardyce but that isn't possible. Who else is out there? Get another proven failure, like Megson was? Risk it on another Sammy Lee? There isn't any quality manager who would come to us.

Jokers in White
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jokers in White » Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:06 pm

We need a change now its gone on long enough, bolton fans are going to have to accept that he isnt going to turn it around. There's no point giving him more games to get us deeper in the shit, 10 defeats already is disgraceful so is 31 goals conceded. Graeme souness would be my choice i know everyone will disagree with we but i don't give a shit his cv is good and he did a good job at blackburn a similar size club to us.
https://twitter.com/Chaddy_81" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Turkish Trotter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Turkish Trotter » Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:08 pm

SmokinFrazier wrote:I'd be really annoyed if Coyle went now.

I genuinely think he's a good manager with a good philosophy who has had a lot of luck go against him. Our best players last season were Elmander, even though he was poor on the right, Chung, Holden, Sturridge, Davies and probably Jussi. All those players either aren't at Bolton, are injured or coming to the end if their careers. Coyle has been unlucky with injuries and two key players, Chung and Holden, have proved irreplaceable. You could argue that Coyle should have done better in the transfer window but with our financial limitations, we'd only be able to sign someone who is a good bench warmer.

Coyle has had a lot go against him. When we've had a good team, he's done a good job, so I wouldn't want to rush him out.

Aside from all that, who is there to replace him? The only manager I'd want, would be Allardyce but that isn't possible. Who else is out there? Get another proven failure, like Megson was? Risk it on another Sammy Lee? There isn't any quality manager who would come to us.

If these were our best players (Doubtful) why weren't they replaced with as good if not better.
The team being put out is Coyles choice. Players bought Tuncay, NGog, Petrov, Pratley cant get in Coyles team. He bought them , if not good enough thats his fault.

Relacement for him is difficult, but I fear the worst if nothing is done.
Born to be a Wanderer!!
Some say Wisdom comes with age, I may be the exception !!

adamworthy2002
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by adamworthy2002 » Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:08 pm

Anelka.


BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:09 pm

I don't want the hard luck story and excuses to carry on into the championship!

He's just out of his depth in the current situation.

Time up for me!

tripod
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by tripod » Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:12 pm

I'd go for Souness. It won't be pretty but we'd be harder team to beat

adamworthy2002
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by adamworthy2002 » Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:14 pm

Mike Bassett?


jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:15 pm

Today was the game where it turned for me. Sitting there in the second half it dawned on me that there are no signs of this being turned round soon. Absolutely no progression after the Stoke game which seems a bloody long time ago. Time to go, don't care who comes in

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:20 pm

Its all very well saying you want him gone, and i do understand why, in some ways, given your recent results - but who would you replace him with who's better?

tripod
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by tripod » Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:21 pm

jimbo wrote:Today was the game where it turned for me. Sitting there in the second half it dawned on me that there are no signs of this being turned round soon. Absolutely no progression after the Stoke game which seems a bloody long time ago. Time to go, don't care who comes in
I agree. Don't know where we go from here, this certainly can't carry on though. I can't think of anyone but Souness

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:28 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:Its all very well saying you want him gone, and i do understand why, in some ways, given your recent results - but who would you replace him with who's better?
Tell me who has a record as bad as Coyles and survives?

And explain how it can get worse!

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:37 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:Its all very well saying you want him gone, and i do understand why, in some ways, given your recent results - but who would you replace him with who's better?

Megson back?! :mrgreen:

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:40 pm

Hughes?
Pfffft.

Il Pirate
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Il Pirate » Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:47 pm

tripod wrote:I'd go for Souness. It won't be pretty but we'd be harder team to beat

:doh: :doh: :doh:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:48 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Megson back?! :mrgreen:
Results wouldnt be any worse if we had Stevie Wonder in charge! Can't afford relegation is the bottom line!
Last edited by BWFC_Insane on Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:51 pm

I don't like delegation, I hate relegation more
Pfffft.

wanderers_on_tour
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by wanderers_on_tour » Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:07 pm

For me he stays. Id give him until Blackburn away imo BUT he has to really prove his salt. Actions speak louder than words. For me he should drop Kevin Davies as captain and leave him out (at least from the start) for the next 2 games. With the crowd baying for blood as they are it MAY go some way to appease the majority of the fans and would act as a real public showing that the team has and will adapt to survive in this league.

Up front i'd go with Tuncay/Ngog for Tottenham and Klasnic/Ngog at home (hoping the french man is back to full fitness.) Davies still has a role to play at the club for me but his form is shocking and 90 minutes all guns blazing seems just a tad past him at this point in his career.

(sorry in advance for my awful grammar, am writing on my phone you see!)

Gail Platz
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Gail Platz » Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:16 pm

I can't hack another Megson type, I just can't, and I think that's all we're fit for, so he stays for me.

Turkish Trotter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Turkish Trotter » Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:24 pm

I would agree with Coyle going, as I can't see us getting out of the bottom 3 with him in charge. My worry is his replacement.
MoN yes but cannot see him coming and I don't think we could afford him, salary and transfer funds. I don't want Hughes for the same reason and as for Souness I don't want him. Others who are available include Erikson, McClaren, Peter Reid and Strachan. Or do we give an up and coming youngster the chance.
Your choice, but maybe better with what we've got than the disruption and another calamatous appointment.
Born to be a Wanderer!!
Some say Wisdom comes with age, I may be the exception !!