Bolton vs Aston vanilla (The official match thread)

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Bolton vs Aston vanilla (The official match thread)

Post by jmjhb » Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:44 pm

He scored 11 in 39 for Swansea last season. You must be myopic.

Your analysis of Kevin Davies' performance today just adds more evidence towards that fact. Don't let your hatred blind you.
Last edited by jmjhb on Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sponge
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Sponge » Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:45 pm

Gail Platz wrote:
TKIZ! wrote:
a1 wrote:mark hughes (former wales manager , played for chelsea , manchester united , possibly a few more.. used to manage blackburn too) or bust !!
Never, ever going to happen. He left Fulham because they had no money for transfers. So why on Earth would he come to Bolton where we have exactly the sum of feck all as well?

I'd just ask Coyle, no beg Coyle to grow a pair and realise that the 442 formation he has us playing has been sussed out. Each team now play an extra man and control midfield making it bloody hard to chase the game.
I don't think it has anything to do with being sussed out, I just think it's because every one of our outfield players couldn't give a shit. No matter what formation we play, if the players don't put in the effort which they aren't doing, then we've no chance.
I don't think it's that they "don't give a shit"—if you're a professional footballer you hate lose, even if you couldn't give a toss about the club you play for. I think rather they're desperately low on confidence and have little faith in Coyle as a manager, even if they like him as a man. No one shows for the ball, and if they do receive it they treat it like a live hand grenade. It's painful to watch.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:49 pm

Sponge wrote:
Gail Platz wrote:
TKIZ! wrote:
a1 wrote:mark hughes (former wales manager , played for chelsea , manchester united , possibly a few more.. used to manage blackburn too) or bust !!
Never, ever going to happen. He left Fulham because they had no money for transfers. So why on Earth would he come to Bolton where we have exactly the sum of feck all as well?

I'd just ask Coyle, no beg Coyle to grow a pair and realise that the 442 formation he has us playing has been sussed out. Each team now play an extra man and control midfield making it bloody hard to chase the game.
I don't think it has anything to do with being sussed out, I just think it's because every one of our outfield players couldn't give a shit. No matter what formation we play, if the players don't put in the effort which they aren't doing, then we've no chance.
I don't think it's that they "don't give a shit"—if you're a professional footballer you hate lose, even if you couldn't give a toss about the club you play for. I think rather they're desperately low on confidence and have little faith in Coyle as a manager, even if they like him as a man. No one shows for the ball, and if they do receive it they treat it like a live hand grenade. It's painful to watch.
Agreed
Pfffft.

bettyrasta
Promising
Promising

Post by bettyrasta » Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:51 pm

You could be right about Pratley TKIZ! Even now he looks like a good athlete but sadly not a footballer. I guess that is the risk you run when you're shopping in the bargain basement. I really still would like to support Coyle but the midfield set-up today meant we never had a chance. I could see that before the game (and I'm no expert) and I'm sure practically everyone else knew the same. How could Coyle and the others feel this would be any different? Tuncay winger? No. Pratley ahead of Muamba in central midfield? No. Playing Davies and Klasnic up front? Obviously not. I still sympathise because of the injuries etc but this is just giving games away. Suppose the blunt fact though is that the calibre of our playing staff has steadily deteriorated over the last few seasons and we simply don't seem able ever to punch above our weight like we used to regularly. Sad to think back today when the tribute to Gary Speed had taken place about the sort of company he had in that midfield.

Gail Platz
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Gail Platz » Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:55 pm

jmjhb wrote:He scored 11 in 39 for Swansea last season. You must be myopic.

Your analysis of Kevin Davies' performance today just adds more evidence towards that fact. Don't let your hatred blind you.
Yeah, because both players are truly amazing aren't they. I think it's you that needs to be worried about 'blindness'.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:56 pm

bettyrasta wrote:You could be right about Pratley TKIZ! Even now he looks like a good athlete but sadly not a footballer. I guess that is the risk you run when you're shopping in the bargain basement. I really still would like to support Coyle but the midfield set-up today meant we never had a chance. I could see that before the game (and I'm no expert) and I'm sure practically everyone else knew the same. How could Coyle and the others feel this would be any different? Tuncay winger? No. Pratley ahead of Muamba in central midfield? No. Playing Davies and Klasnic up front? Obviously not. I still sympathise because of the injuries etc but this is just giving games away. Suppose the blunt fact though is that the calibre of our playing staff has steadily deteriorated over the last few seasons and we simply don't seem able ever to punch above our weight like we used to regularly. Sad to think back today when the tribute to Gary Speed had taken place about the sort of company he had in that midfield.
Hit the nail on the head there Betty. Sat watching some old YouTubes the other night (Leeds, ManUre and Blackburn) from back in the day and that midfield and general feel behind the team made you think we were still in with a shout in any game. The team today made me come out in a cold sweat
Pfffft.

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:02 pm

The worst thing about today was watching the Speed images and seeing the players we had bavk then.

Speed, Nolan, Campo, Okocha, Anelka and a good SKD.

What I'd do for one of those now!

There was a strange atmosphere in the stadium today, like everybody knew what was coming

Gail Platz
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Gail Platz » Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:05 pm

...and a right sided midfielder that knew how to strike a ball and knew where the net was in Giannakopoulos. Deary me, what I'd give to have that crop back at BWFC.

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jmjhb » Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:26 pm

Gail Platz wrote:

Yeah, because both players are truly amazing aren't they. I think it's you that needs to be worried about 'blindness'.
I thought he had his best game for a while today and was one of only a few players whose performance wasn't an outright shambles.

Still, I suppose that because he didn't score, you'll continue on your embarrassing "Kevin Davies is stealing a living" crusade.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:30 pm

Quite rightly torn to shit in this very accurate summary:

http://www.football365.com/faves/7369406/Tactics365" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:08 pm

Villa had more shots in the first half today than in their last three games combined.

wtf
"Young people, nowadays, imagine money is everything."

"Yes, and when they grow older they know it."

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:15 pm

He wasn't getting in their team at the end of last season was he?
bettyrasta wrote:You could be right about Pratley TKIZ! Even now he looks like a good athlete but sadly not a footballer.
He doesn't even look that athletic to me. The thing that kills us most when he's in midfield, even ignoring the fact that he's not good on the ball and not a good passer, is that he's slow and immobile. I'd be interested to see the stats about how much ground he covers compared to Muamba.
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

P.O.S.
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by P.O.S. » Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:26 pm

Just got home, after drinking in a pub with a Sheffield Wednesday fan of all people.

Anyone else feel like me when they get back after a game and see dozens of pages on the forum to catch up on but just feels like they have to get their feelings out first before catching up with how everyone else feels? In which case, I apologise if I repeat what others have said.

Im afraid that was one of the worst Bolton sides I have ever seen out there today. Okay, I was lucky enough to miss the shite we have been through in the past, Im 28 and only started watching us as our upward curve began in 1994/95, so I can only go off what Ive seen in the past and that includes two relegations - but that was shocking.

There's no game plan - when it comes to set pieces, throw ins, corners etc, do we just decide whos taking them and what to do with them there and then on the pitch? Because that's how it looks. Going forward, we dont look like we have any sort of knowledge of how each individual opposition team can be broken down and play in that manner. Individually, there are Championship level players all throughout our side pure and simple.

Eagles thinks he's in a Hollywood movie anytime he gets the ball and doesnt do enough, Pratley was so anonymous that (I know its a cliche but its 100% true) I didnt even know he was on the pitch until the second half, Zat Knight - frigging Toblerone Boots, a shocking footballer... and my oh my Kevin Davies - a club legend and no dispute, but all this season is doing is totally tarnishing that record, he looks disinterested and absolutely innefectual.

And so to Owen Coyle. My favourite player when I was young, it was his goal against Arsenal that got me into football in the first place - I loved him as a player, wanted to love him as a manager - but hes totally out of his depth here and its showing. Burnley were beginning to struggle under him just as he left to come to us and after the brief (albeit brilliant) honeymoon period after he took over, we have been downright rubbish and as much as I hate to say it, I think its time for him to step aside.

I expect relegation now - and all the turmoil that it brings off the pitch - but on it, we need a total and complete rebuild, because we are fcuking crap.

Eloy
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Eloy » Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:05 am

Gail Platz wrote:I've had enough now. I've been in the "it'll be reet" brigade all season, as on paper I've always thought teams like Villa and Everton were half decent. However, after watching both of those teams, along with all of the others we've lost to, the likes of Norwich and Swansea, it's simply not fecking good enough.

Villa were piss poor today, and they were rightly singing "How shit must you be, we're winning away". Everton weren't much better the other week. Both teams were there for the taking and we've been completely bossed and outplayed by them.

Any other manager would have gone at this rate. It's saying something when I see Megson's reign now significantly better than Coyle's and I couldn't stand that ginger tosspot.

My ratings:

Jussi: 6 - I feel sorry for him, he still pulls out the stops but has an absolute sack of shit in front of him.
Boyata: 2 - He's shit, I didn't rate him at City, and he's no good here. Crap signing.
Knight: 0 - fecking wanker I fecking hate this prick feck off out of our club you fecking disgrace.
Cahill: 3 - Just get gone in the summer mate, we won't blame you.
Robinson: 0 - Useless pile of garbage
Tuncay: 2 - Did nothing
Eagles: 1 - Another one of his many shit performances
M Davies: 4 - Not total shit but definitely not good either
Pratley: 1 - What is the point of this person? He is the most pointless player of all time. What does he do?
Klasnic: 4 - No good but he scored so that gained him a few points

K Davies: Minus1000000 - His 'performances' this season are easily the worst I have ever seen from any player in a Bolton shirt, ever. He is a completely shocking player that offers absolute jack shit to the team. He did some ballet dance when the ball went near him today and I didn't know what to do other than put my head in my hands.

Thoroughly enjoyed this post. I like your anger a lot. Great read!

Eloy
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Eloy » Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:10 am

While I admit I'm a slight pessimist, I don't think that saying that we'll be relegated is pessimism. I think at this point that is realism.

Anyone knows the status of Klasnic's injury?

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:59 am

feck that anyone know how many birds the lads pulled on last nights christmas party?

Choppers
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Choppers » Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:22 am

I don't get it.

I really don't.

If Reo-Coker isn't playing, Muamba must...and vice-versa. Actually to be honest, as we are at the moment, I'd play both of them in the middle in a 4-2-3-1...but Coyle, no, he decides Muamba isn't the right player, instead...we played the defensive Tuncay.

I mean...what the feck? Tuncay and Pratley in the middle, who have never played together up against an experienced midfielder like Petrov, he must have thought it was his birthday.

Our best left winger is on the bench, because our "best" left back is fecking shit.

Our most skillful attacking midfielder is now playing, but with the most lightweight midfield imaginable.

Tuncay hasn't played in his natural position once as far as I can remember, everywhere but!

What is Coyle doing? Is he playing Football Manager and trying to convert players from one position to another?

Muamba is being shunned, for what?
http://www.godisageek.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; | A Videogame Site With A Difference
http://www.twitter.com/jebusf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; | Twitter

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:34 am

Just watched it again. We are, not to put too fine a point on it, right royally 4ucked!
May the bridges I burn light your way

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:39 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:Just watched it again. We are, not to put too fine a point on it, right royally 4ucked!
You watched it again?

Are you mad?

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:14 pm

theres an upside at least we kept a 11 men on the pitch
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience