Jacko's Fulham FC - Khan's Wanderers

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Result?

Poll ended at Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:41 am

DRAW!
2%
F***ham will win it!
23%
Bolton Wins the Boat Race! (of the day)
2%
Bolton's Boat Sinks
8%
Boatmaker Coyle Fired for taking outside work
2%
Red card for Bolton, and Bolton Loss
22%
Jussi to score the Equaliser in injury time
6%
K.Davies to have most Tackles & Goals of the match
3%
Ball is kicked into the Thames and match is called off
12%
Bolton to win
7%
Bolton will win
6%
Bolton win
6%

Total votes: 86

burnden_park1984
Hopeful
Hopeful

Re: Jacko's Fulham FC - Khan's Wanderers

Post by burnden_park1984 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:23 pm

Watching the wigan - chelsea game in which wigan have just equalised in the 87th minute and it's fully deserved. Based on our game against Fulham and most of the season so far we have the least fighting spirit in the league. Wigan are really taking the game to Chelsea here and could get a winner. It's looking grim at best for Bolton :(

P.O.S.
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by P.O.S. » Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:10 pm

Thoroughly depressing.

Over these last 10 years even in the worst times where I feared relegation, I never expected it - even as we kicked off against Middlesbrough on that horrible final day in 2003 I couldnt actually picture us playing Championship football again. Now I can. I can see us playing Barnsley at home opening day with 13,000 on. I can see us away at Palace and Portsmouth.

Right now in these sorry depths that special, strong team spirit and forward facing direction that the whole club adopted as Allardyce took us up and consolidated us as a Premierhip side has totally eroded away. We are poor, really poor - and we're done for.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:15 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
One Hump Or Two? wrote:Alonso probably was at fault for the Ruiz goal but given what was coming at him through the game, overall it was a pretty decent effort. His passing is genuinely good. The fact he hasn't played to date despite Robbo's consistent ineptitude is yet another reason to worry about Coyle's judgement.
He's been injured hasn't he?
Happy to blame OC for everything else though.
Yes, he has. We'll be whinging that Coyle's not selected Lee or Holden for a while next.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

One Hump Or Two?
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by One Hump Or Two? » Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:21 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
One Hump Or Two? wrote:Alonso probably was at fault for the Ruiz goal but given what was coming at him through the game, overall it was a pretty decent effort. His passing is genuinely good. The fact he hasn't played to date despite Robbo's consistent ineptitude is yet another reason to worry about Coyle's judgement.
He's been injured hasn't he?
Happy to blame OC for everything else though.
Yes, he has. We'll be whinging that Coyle's not selected Lee or Holden for a while next.
OK, OK, my bad. I thought he had been fit for a couple of months now but have obviously not been keeping up enough. Hard enough just to watch the matches where I am...

superjohnmcginlay
Passionate
Passionate

Post by superjohnmcginlay » Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:34 pm

P.O.S. wrote:Thoroughly depressing.

Over these last 10 years even in the worst times where I feared relegation, I never expected it - even as we kicked off against Middlesbrough on that horrible final day in 2003 I couldnt actually picture us playing Championship football again. Now I can. I can see us playing Barnsley at home opening day with 13,000 on. I can see us away at Palace and Portsmouth.

Right now in these sorry depths that special, strong team spirit and forward facing direction that the whole club adopted as Allardyce took us up and consolidated us as a Premierhip side has totally eroded away. We are poor, really poor - and we're done for.
I think so. Even if we get shut of Coyle I don't think we've got the players to get out of it.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:48 pm

Got home about half an hour ago. Totally lacking in any kind of urgency they'd resigned themselves to defeat as soon as the first goal went in. No one player wants to take any sort of control of the situation, nor does/can Coyle. Not one of them even wants the ball. We don't pass and move - we get rid of it as soon as possible. There are no goals in the side that Coyle fielded, even after three changes. Darren Pratley is one of the poorest players I've ever seen at this level. Boyata will NEVER play for Man City's first team, and shouldn't even be in ours.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:52 pm

One Hump Or Two? wrote:Alonso probably was at fault for the Ruiz goal.
Only seen it at the game, but it looked to me as though Knightmare and Cahill were way too far up the field. Could be wildly wrong, like, but that's what it looked like from where I was. That, and that Alonso was brushed aside way too easily.

One Hump Or Two?
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by One Hump Or Two? » Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:16 pm

Hence the "probably" - on TV it looked like he could have done better, but also deserved more support.

You quoted one bad word I said about Alonso from what was mostly praise. How did he look in real life?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:02 pm

One Hump Or Two? wrote:Hence the "probably" - on TV it looked like he could have done better, but also deserved more support.

You quoted one bad word I said about Alonso from what was mostly praise. How did he look in real life?
Painfully slow, in a team of painfully slow players.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:00 am

ok - having been to the game - can I add a word or two of moderate perspective?

we were seventy seven distinct and shiny shades of fecking shite. that's all.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:04 am

Shiny?

Thats a silver lining right there.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:12 am

Lord Kangana wrote:Shiny?

Thats a silver lining right there.
the shades were glistening in the drizzle blown coldly across the Thames and through the missing corner of the stand!

Passionate
Passionate

Post by 2399 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:26 am

I dream't we won 1-0!!! Maybe against Everton though :?

Woke up late, the edited replay was half an hour in, decided to put it on :?

2-0 in what looked like London Darkness :cry:

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:23 am

Meh
feck* goners arent they

Choppers
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Choppers » Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:22 am

The substitutions tell you everything you need to know about Coyle.

A right back completely out of favour, who Coyle has singled out over and over again by ignoring him...and comes on because Coyle has no other ideas that to change the defence (AGAIN), this time in the middle of a match.

I'm starting to wonder if he reads these boards and is picking teams based on what the fans say.

How can anyone think they will win football matches with this level of rotation??

You can bet your bottom dollar that Muamba will be re-dropped, as will Steinsson and Alonso.
http://www.godisageek.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; | A Videogame Site With A Difference
http://www.twitter.com/jebusf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; | Twitter

Armchair Wanderer
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Armchair Wanderer » Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:48 am

Choppers wrote:The substitutions tell you everything you need to know about Coyle.

A right back completely out of favour, who Coyle has singled out over and over again by ignoring him...and comes on because Coyle has no other ideas that to change the defence (AGAIN), this time in the middle of a match.

I'm starting to wonder if he reads these boards and is picking teams based on what the fans say.

How can anyone think they will win football matches with this level of rotation??

You can bet your bottom dollar that Muamba will be re-dropped, as will Steinsson and Alonso.
Thing is, you can understand why he's making some of these changes...

Robbo out of position too much - try Alonso
Muamba giving up possession too much - try someone else for certain games
Kevin Davies not effective - try Ngog
Steinsson has a bad game(s) - try Boyata/Riley/anyone
Knight doesn't play well - try Wheater
Wingers not providing enough cover - don't have any wingers
No-one running down the flanks - put some wingers on
The players you fail to sign never lose you any money.

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:20 am

Just seen the highlights, Alonso didnt have the best return!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:30 am

Armchair Wanderer wrote:
Choppers wrote:The substitutions tell you everything you need to know about Coyle.

Thing is, you can understand why he's making some of these changes...
Some, maybe yes.

The others - quite, quite baffling.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:51 am

What a shower that was. It's like a chasm between us and the other teams. Sat watching Wigan vs Chelsea and Wigan looked calm, composed and certain when they had the ball. Everything we are not which suggests to me that Coyle has lost them and badly. Prepare for the Championship boys
Pfffft.

Sponge
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Sponge » Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:16 am

Stu Holden and LCY must be fecked off: they're going to come back after a year out and find themselves heading for the Championship. When are their contracts up?

The thing that infuriates me most about watching us at the moment: nobody wants the ball. They're like statues – no movement, nothing. And when they do get it, they pass it backwards. Eagles is perhaps the only player who tries to run at the opposition. Unfortunately he's not very good. I can't remember watching a professional sports team so low on confidence. Painful.

Oh, and can someone get Mark Davies to practice his shooting? It's pathetic. And why the feck was Knight grinning after the game? c*nt.