Jacko's Fulham FC - Khan's Wanderers

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Result?

Poll ended at Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:41 am

DRAW!
2%
F***ham will win it!
23%
Bolton Wins the Boat Race! (of the day)
2%
Bolton's Boat Sinks
8%
Boatmaker Coyle Fired for taking outside work
2%
Red card for Bolton, and Bolton Loss
22%
Jussi to score the Equaliser in injury time
6%
K.Davies to have most Tackles & Goals of the match
3%
Ball is kicked into the Thames and match is called off
12%
Bolton to win
7%
Bolton will win
6%
Bolton win
6%

Total votes: 86

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Re: Jacko's Fulham FC - Khan's Wanderers

Post by TKIZ! » Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:19 am

They need to just work on the basics, make space for the man and FFS stop trying to launch it towards Kev in the hope it's going to drop for one of our players.
Pfffft.

Passionate
Passionate

Post by 2399 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:20 am

Swap the postitions of Knight & K.Davies

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:55 am

2399 wrote:Swap the postitions of Knight & K.Davies
The only swapping of positions those two should do is the position of on the field to the position of off the field.
Businesswoman of the year.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:16 pm

TKIZ! wrote:They need to just work on the basics, make space for the man and FFS stop trying to launch it towards Kev in the hope it's going to drop for one of our players.
Been griping about that for yonks. Teams know we're going to do it and we don't get men forward in support. When we do play posession football it inevitably ends up back with Jussi and gets bombed forward again. Matter of fact Jussi sees more of the ball than most of the team.

Holden is the only real player who finds space and actually wants the ball; the rest can't get shut of it quick enough. Our backing off style defence also makes me weep and only Muamba hounds men on the ball. We're just too slow. Andy Johnson's no spring chicken but he left our lot for dead time and time again yesterday. Danny Murphy is the same in that he uses his brain, finds space to recieve and distribute the ball and only Muamba ( who can only be in one place at a time) was able to get a grip on him.

Zat Knight is a pure stopper and he isn't stopping anything right now. Nowhere near mobile enough and can't jump worth a carrot. Hangerland and Senderos looked in a different league than our central defenders yesterday, (although that's probably unfair on Cahill) but that's easy against a toothless attack.

Alonso's just short of game time and a settled place in the side would probably bring out the best in him if he gets support. What's the difference between a settled side and a chop and change one if we just keep losing anyway? We don't even have a plan A never mind a B. We're far too focussed on defence, which is crap, and then the front men get the blame. Get the pit-bull mentality back in the side and bollox to the Mr Nice Guy ping-pongers.

Right now we're a joke team who look bewildered taking throw-ins. That's not, and never has been Bolton Wanderers.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Choppers
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Choppers » Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:19 pm

keveh wrote:Just seen the highlights, Alonso didnt have the best return!
Second goal wasn't his fault. Watch the centre backs, who suddenly decide to step over the half way line and leave more space than I've ever seen on a football field. First time I've seen a Bolton left back take on an opposing player in a while too. Keep him in the team for me.

It kinda bothers me how far we've fallen. The thing about Bolton under Sam was how much we harried the opposition. We were full of energy and fight, as soon as an opposition player had the ball he had two Bolton lads at his heels, stopping them from using their superior skill etc.

Now? We let opposition midfield not only have time on the ball, but enough time to look up, take 5 touches then play a pass to another player who gets the same time.

It's fundamental issues that are fault. Our lines of 4 are never level, the back four are incoherant (not their fault, never the same back four really) and out of position. Our middle four aren't *so* bad, but they allow too much time and space, and aren't interested in the ball themselves.

It's the kind of fault a novice coach in Sunday league team could spot and yet...it happens game after game. So either Coyle doesn't watch games back (or have the ability to spot it as it happens during the match) or he's stealing a living as a top coach.

Seriously, watch the goals back yesterday and look at our positioning for the first one, and how the centre backs step up and sell Alonso out for the second, leaving him out of position having to be a centre back.

I'll say it again, 4-3-3 with Steinsson, Cahill, Wheater and Alonso at the back, Muamba, Reo-Coker and Mark Davies (or even Eagles) in front of them is the way forward.
http://www.godisageek.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; | A Videogame Site With A Difference
http://www.twitter.com/jebusf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; | Twitter

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:10 pm

It was a ball played inside him as he ball watched and their winger nipped inside him. It's fecking going some trying to absolve Alonso of blame for that one! Overall I thought he had a decent game, apart from a massive f*ck up for their goal. Some might argue even that is an improvement on Robbo.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Choppers
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Choppers » Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:12 pm

The centre backs stepped up so high they crossed the half way line!
http://www.godisageek.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; | A Videogame Site With A Difference
http://www.twitter.com/jebusf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; | Twitter

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:15 pm

Steve Davis, who was a defender himself should not be encouraging us to play such a high line. It's footballing disaster
Pfffft.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:24 pm

Sponge wrote: And why the feck was Knight grinning after the game? c*nt.
Not that I need an excuse to hate that nice person Knight anymore, but for someone who sacked off all reference to yesterdays game, hasn't bothered with the highlights, whats this all about?

He epitomises everything that is wrong with this club to be honest - all mouth, no trousers. No stomach for a fight. I'd love it if someone walked up to him and smacked him - he'd shit himself. I might even do it myself on boxing day!

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:19 am

officer_dibble wrote: Not that I need an excuse to hate that tw*t Knight anymore, but for someone who sacked off all reference to yesterdays game, hasn't bothered with the highlights, whats this all about?

He epitomises everything that is wrong with this club to be honest - all mouth, no trousers. No stomach for a fight. I'd love it if someone walked up to him and smacked him - he'd shit himself. I might even do it myself on boxing day!
he's talking to his mates, douf got the same stick when (some team he played for after us) played us and we beat them.

either that or he's that mentally shot at being part of the worse protected back four for many a year, that its nervous laughter.

he's probably going "hey (some black kid at fulham that used to be my team mate)- at least youve not got coyle and his shit mates telling you what to do every day , its got to the stage where i laugh at everything just to ease some of the pain"

some peeps really concentrating on the wrong thing- hate coyle -he might feck off quicker.

zat i can cope with not being good enough, i kinda knew he'd be ok at best. folk were telling me coyle'd have us in europe and top ten.

:/

Armchair Wanderer
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Armchair Wanderer » Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:41 am

a1 wrote:zat i can cope with not being good enough, i kinda knew he'd be ok at best. folk were telling me coyle'd have us in europe and top ten.
:/
Personally, I'm not a Zat-hater but he was disgraceful on Saturday. Towards the end of the game no-one wanted the ball in midfield, Klasnic wasn't exactly screaming for the ball and it was like we'd stopped playing. The stats showed we had a decent number of shots on target but from what I could make out it was mainly weak shots from midfielders, although Eagles' shot looked like it tested their keeper somewhat.

I've changed my mind on this based on the theory that Coyle is unsackable so pointless whining about him. He may be setting the team up wrong (to use a Steve Clarridge phrase) but there's no excuse for not playing.
The players you fail to sign never lose you any money.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:55 am

Owen'sEleven tries to stomach another helping of The Bolton Brand Of Football....
http://www.the-wanderer.co.uk/bolton/cold-cottage-pie" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Businesswoman of the year.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:17 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:Owen'sEleven tries to stomach another helping of The Bolton Brand Of Football....
http://www.the-wanderer.co.uk/bolton/cold-cottage-pie" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A decent read thanks, OE. Perfectly accurate :(
May the bridges I burn light your way

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:15 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:Owen'sEleven tries to stomach another helping of The Bolton Brand Of Football....
Im inspirational!

Lennon'sEleven
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Lennon'sEleven » Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:13 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Im inspirational!
I think the word I used was 'lowly'.
Formerly known as Meg'sEleven. And Owen'sEleven. And Dougie'sEleven. We're getting through them aren't we...

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:33 pm

i thought you were describing your podcast :D