Kevin Davies

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Kevin Davies

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:49 pm

Thanks Kev, but tara

Such a better team without him tonight, far more inventive, more movement, more outlets helped relieve the pressure on the defence, when Blackburn went for it we opened some gaps up and should of gone on to make it safe.

If Ngogs injured get Tuncay in. Failing that, Eagles and a 451 with either him or Mark Davies in behind Ivan.

Time for Davies to be consigned to the stands with Robbie Blake.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Kevin Davies

Post by Lord Kangana » Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:53 pm

Legend.

Hope the shit this season doesn't follow him out the door. He should rightly be associated with the greatest Wanderers Team in my lifetime (and more besides).

Nowt more than a squad player now though. We have to manage this diplomatically, the man is up there with Supa. Who also reached his sell-by, because thats what football players do.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Gail Platz
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Gail Platz » Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:54 pm

Yes, yes, yes all over. Did not miss him one bit. He's been a burden on the team for far, far too long and we are MUCH better without him.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:56 pm

Aye, nothing like kicking em when they're down. It'sbecome a Bolton thing. N'gog, injured, Klasnic knackered and on he comes against Newcastle and bags a couple. Suddenly, "Super Kev". Nothing wrong with a player like him on your bench. I'd still bet a few Premiership clubs would be happy to take him.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:56 pm

Mr Bolton Wanderers.

Been bad so far this season. Very. But he's given more to BWFC than most in the last decade. club legend
"Young people, nowadays, imagine money is everything."

"Yes, and when they grow older they know it."

the-Bowtun-Warrior
Reliable
Reliable

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior » Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:59 pm

I'd have has him on after 75. Especially over headless chicken, 6 years old Tuncay.

SKD will prove more than useful yet this year. Bwfc legend

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:02 am

TANGODANCER wrote:Aye, nothing like kicking em when they're down. It'sbecome a Bolton thing. N'gog, injured, Klasnic knackered and on he comes against Newcastle and bags a couple. Suddenly, "Super Kev". Nothing wrong with a player like him on your bench. I'd still bet a few Premiership clubs would be happy to take him.
If that was owt like realistic, folk wouldn't be writing him off

But it isn't

So we are

Lets paint another picture

Way too much pull in the dressing room and a disruptive influence, who Coyle has finally realised needs to be cut out before the wound festers any more

Just my opinion
Sto ut Serviam

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:04 am

Its been done.

We don't need to sully the memory in public caps.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:08 am

Fair does, but lets not shed too many tears, and lets not let what he was cloud our judgement
Sto ut Serviam

Jokers in White
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jokers in White » Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:17 am

officer_dibble wrote:Thanks Kev, but tara

Such a better team without him tonight, far more inventive, more movement, more outlets helped relieve the pressure on the defence, when Blackburn went for it we opened some gaps up and should of gone on to make it safe.

If Ngogs injured get Tuncay in. Failing that, Eagles and a 451 with either him or Mark Davies in behind Ivan.

Agree with all that mate, skd is a hindrance to the team these days because his legs have gone at this level you can't have a 50p head and hooves has feet in the premiership. I appreciate what he has done for the club over the years but we need to move on.
https://twitter.com/Chaddy_81" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sponge
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Sponge » Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:31 am

Jokers in White wrote:

Agree with all that mate, skd is a hindrance to the team these days because his legs have gone at this level you can't have a 50p head and hooves has feet in the premiership. I appreciate what he has done for the club over the years but we need to move on.
Ha, what's his 50p head got to do with anything?!

Jokers in White
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jokers in White » Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:04 am

Sponge wrote:
Jokers in White wrote:

Ha, what's his 50p head got to do with anything?!
His heading ability is non existent, his headers are here there and everywhere. So thats a 50p head haha!
https://twitter.com/Chaddy_81" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Colonel Campo
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Colonel Campo » Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:25 am

It's hard this because I love the man. He has been a great servant for us. But we have to admit to ourselves now that we can no longer rely on him.
We were much better tonight without him and it's time to move on.

Hope he will stick around at the club when his career is up.
<removed - image too big>

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:38 am

Not only can we not rely on him his presence on the pitch is detrimental to us as an attacking and defensive force.

Legend is right. But he's finished in terms of usefulness and needs to be let go.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:57 am

Simply Davies and Klasnic should NEVER EVER EVER be picked together again, too predictable, too slow and too easy to play a high line and squeeze against...

Now Klasnic is looking sharper and better and a bigger goal threat than Kev Davies right now...

Davies can still play a role this season if he chooses though. Off the bench, starting when Klasnic needs a rest etc....He can also be a leader, even from the bench, if he chooses.

I hope he sorts himself out because he has been such a crucial part of our time in the premiership, it would be a shame if our memories of him were as a sulky, disinterested, trouble making ageing slowing war horse.

Over to you Kev....

Raven
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Raven » Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:03 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:Legend.

Hope the shit this season doesn't follow him out the door. He should rightly be associated with the greatest Wanderers Team in my lifetime (and more besides).

Nowt more than a squad player now though. We have to manage this diplomatically, the man is up there with Supa. Who also reached his sell-by, because thats what football players do.

What he said and nothing should be said against SKD whether his time is up or not just for all he has done and given, think how good other players would have been with the same work ethic etc. I don't want him to leave and always be found a job at Bolton, with the kids, coaching etc etc
My dog (proper 57) had his anal glands emptied once and yes the smell is something to behold!!

coffeymagic
Reliable
Reliable

Post by coffeymagic » Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:33 pm

Woah there pardner! SKD might not be as S as he once was but there's no need to throw the baby out with the bath water here.

Still a good player to have on the bench.

Should have got his England cap a season or ten earlier (if Heskey's got 1 cap I should have had 100) but that's the difference between playing for BWFC and LFC.

True that there's no sympathy in football when you look at Bryan Robson, Roy Keane, David Beckham - when their time was up Ferguson punted them. But we're not in the position to cut the legs from under club legends.

Ngog gets slated on here plenty but I think he could improve with a prolonged run in the side. He's never going to get any better in one week and out the next.

Can we afford to give players time though that's the big problem isn't it?
I'm not asking you to 'think outside the box' I just wish you'd have a rummage around in it once in a while.

http://www.coffeymagic.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
twitter @thetonycoffey

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:39 pm

We can more afford to give a young un with pace time, than an old un with nowt
Sto ut Serviam

coffeymagic
Reliable
Reliable

Post by coffeymagic » Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:00 pm

CAPSLOCK wrote:We can more afford to give a young un with pace time, than an old un with nowt
No value in experience then?

Coyle's right to drop him to the bench. I just don't think we can afford to get shot as quickly as some people would like.
I'm not asking you to 'think outside the box' I just wish you'd have a rummage around in it once in a while.

http://www.coffeymagic.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
twitter @thetonycoffey

Passionate
Passionate

Post by 2399 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:03 pm

coffeymagic wrote: True that there's no sympathy in football when you look at Bryan Robson, Roy Keane, David Beckham - when their time was up Ferguson punted them.
:cry:

Mean B*****rd :evil: