I'll drive the bugger there my self

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

William the White
Legend
Legend

Re: I'll drive the bugger there my self

Post by William the White » Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:03 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Turkish Trotter wrote:
Robinson is well past his best, but seems to care and gives 100% when out there.
It may not be good enough but neither are the other players who have got us in this mess.
All I was saying is that yes I would probably rather your 100% shit than someone elses 50% effort with the same result.
That'll be a no then! Cheers. Are you actually saying that Robinson was once a guddun though? For me he fits snuggly into the same folder as the likes of Pratley, Eagles, Mears et al. If you bring in Championship players, where do expect to end up playing your football? :conf:
500 prem games for three different, albeit. 'small' clubs... slightly better career than the others you mention...

I'm with TT that he never shirked it, was totally professional and grafted like hell... And was rewarded with a decent, though hardly mesmerising, career (for a decent but not mesmerising player, with whom time has now caught up)...

Ianmooreslovechild
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Ianmooreslovechild » Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:33 am

Agree with WTW here.There is a reason why he has had a premier league career.He could do quite well at stoke,they defend deeper which leaves his height and pace problems less exposed and they are set up for the long ball meaning they will make nmore of his"passes" look acceptable.They are also extremely well managed and organised which would be a breath of fresh air for Robinon enabling him to escape the nightmare he's been having here. It could work well for all concerned so I hope it happens.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:36 am

Ianmooreslovechild wrote:Agree with WTW here.There is a reason why he has had a premier league career.He could do quite well at stoke,they defend deeper which leaves his height and pace problems less exposed and they are set up for the long ball meaning they will make nmore of his"passes" look acceptable.They are also extremely well managed and organised which would be a breath of fresh air for Robinon enabling him to escape the nightmare he's been having here. It could work well for all concerned so I hope it happens.
Oh I do hope so then folk might look behind the pub player at Coyle instead

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:14 am

William the White wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Turkish Trotter wrote:
Robinson is well past his best, but seems to care and gives 100% when out there.
It may not be good enough but neither are the other players who have got us in this mess.
All I was saying is that yes I would probably rather your 100% shit than someone elses 50% effort with the same result.
That'll be a no then! Cheers. Are you actually saying that Robinson was once a guddun though? For me he fits snuggly into the same folder as the likes of Pratley, Eagles, Mears et al. If you bring in Championship players, where do expect to end up playing your football? :conf:
500 prem games for three different, albeit. 'small' clubs... slightly better career than the others you mention...

I'm with TT that he never shirked it, was totally professional and grafted like hell... And was rewarded with a decent, though hardly mesmerising, career (for a decent but not mesmerising player, with whom time has now caught up)...
Like I say, give me the shirt and I'll give 100% So what? Gardner and Pedersen were both better LB's than Robinson, neither of whom were actually LB's! :conf:
May the bridges I burn light your way

Choppers
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Choppers » Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:59 pm

Would be a nice change to not have someone on the pitching screaming at everyone and blaming others for his mistakes.

I'd drive him there myself, cliche 101, but true.
http://www.godisageek.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; | A Videogame Site With A Difference
http://www.twitter.com/jebusf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; | Twitter

lovethesmellofnapalm
Reliable
Reliable

Post by lovethesmellofnapalm » Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:09 pm

Choppers wrote:Would be a nice change to not have someone on the pitching screaming at everyone and blaming others for his mistakes.

Steinsonn and RC will fill Robbo's boots admirably for that role
"A child of five would understand this- send someone to fetch a child of five"

Jokers in White
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jokers in White » Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:12 pm

He's done a decent job for us, but isn't premiership standard anymore.
https://twitter.com/Chaddy_81" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:07 pm

lovethesmellofnapalm wrote:
Choppers wrote:Would be a nice change to not have someone on the pitching screaming at everyone and blaming others for his mistakes.

Steinsonn and RC will fill Robbo's boots admirably for that role

I don't particularly mind someone doing the screaming at our collection of halfwits. In Roobo's case, he's usually screaming at them to tackle his fecking man.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:22 pm

Stoke don't want him...

And Robinson is as much a mystery as the rest of our lot. Go back a year on here to see loads of 'I take it back Robbo is a decent player' even suggestions for him as player of the year...

Now I don't believe that he's gone from being competent if not pretty good to absolute shite in 12 months...

Which as with Jussi leads me to look at the folk running the football side of the club more than anything else.......

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:32 pm

Aye, Robinson is good its all Coyle's fault.

Shit fullback. Thread needs closing.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:07 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:Aye, Robinson is good its all Coyle's fault.

Explain why he was getting plaudits last season then?

I suggest things have gone very wrong behind the scenes. Only reason to explain the mass and complete loss of form across a number of experienced pros, Robbo, jussi, Davies, Steinsson, knight even Cahill, are all performing considerably worse individually than this time last season...or it appears so.

More to that than them just being a year older......

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:24 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:

Who was he getting plaudits off? You? He's dreadful. William the White came up with some or other rubbish about him playing 500+ Premier League games. Firstly, I doubt that he has, and, he's played all his games prior to him joining us with Watford and West Brom . :conf:
May the bridges I burn light your way

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:29 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:

I suggest things have gone very wrong behind the scenes. Only reason to explain the mass and complete loss of form across a number of experienced pros, Robbo, jussi, Davies, Steinsson, knight even Cahill, are all performing considerably worse individually than this time last season...or it appears so.

More to that than them just being a year older......

Because people confuse the odd full blooded tackle with "consistently good". Just look at the opinions posted on here two months ago that "it'll be reet". Can't account for the completely clueless.

I'm not sure I'd agree that there's a complete loss of form from last season. There's certainly a complete loss of organisation.

That said I'd be very surprised with 13 points on the board if everything behind the scenes was all sweetness and light.

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:33 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Who was he getting plaudits off? You? He's dreadful. William the White came up with some or other rubbish about him playing 500+ Premier League games. Firstly, I doubt that he has, and, he's played all his games prior to him joining us with Watford and West Brom . :conf:
Aye - you're right - he's played 500 league games in total - a shade less than 200 in the prem, maybe?

Decent career but not stunning...

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:46 pm

William the White wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Aye - you're right - he's played 500 league games in total - a shade less than 200 in the prem, maybe?

Decent career but not stunning...
Shade over 200 I think..

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:52 pm

As long as he wears a Wanderers shirt I'll get behind him but he's not been brilliant has he. Good bit of business if this happens
Pfffft.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:39 pm

Just as an aside, Robinson has played 7 seasons in the Prem.

3 or them (including this one so far) as a member of the leakiest defence in the division. 3rd leakiest on one occasion and 4th leakiest twice. Once, he's been a member of the 11th leakiest.

The chances of having a leaky as shit defence with Robbo in it, seem to be remarkably high. This of course is probably just a coincidence, although is somewhat worse than Zatyai has managed - but not a lot in it really.

elfil76
Reliable
Reliable

Post by elfil76 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:24 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:I'm willing to chip in for the fuel.
I'd pay for a stretched hummer.

One Hump Or Two?
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by One Hump Or Two? » Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:28 pm

Great moment tonight when Saha was played through in the first half. Ricketts matched him for pace, then outmuscled him to get goalside and win the ball. My very first thought was "thank Christ Robinson wasn't playing, or we'd be 1-0 down".