I'll drive the bugger there my self

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

newboy
Promising
Promising

I'll drive the bugger there my self

Post by newboy » Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:07 pm

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7403382/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; please let it be true :lol: :lol:

Gail Platz
Reliable
Reliable

Re: I'll drive the bugger there my self

Post by Gail Platz » Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:10 pm

Please, please please let this be true. This is one of the only good pieces of news we've had in a while.

Imagine getting a fee for him, albeit a small one?! Come on Pulis, do the biz.

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:26 pm

what makes folk think tyrone mears is any better ?

if he goes he'll be playing premier league football next year and his ex-teammates wont.

and he'll be managed by someone who doesnt have his head up his arse .

Gail Platz
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Gail Platz » Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:28 pm

a1 wrote:what makes folk think tyrone mears is any better ?

if he goes he'll be playing premier league football next year and his ex-teammates wont.

Who's said that? For a start, Mears is a right back and Robinson is a left back.

Robinson is a shocking player, we've got Ricketts back now and Alonso there, and Mears (when fit) and Joe Riley at right back (get rid of Steinsson) so he really isn't needed.

wanderers_on_tour
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by wanderers_on_tour » Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:28 pm

a1 wrote:what makes folk think tyrone mears is any better ?

Mears is a right back, and not too shabby neither from what i saw of him last season albeit in the championship..

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:34 pm

Gail Platz wrote:
Who's said that? For a start, Mears is a right back and Robinson is a left back.

Robinson is a shocking player, we've got Ricketts back now and Alonso there, and Mears (when fit) and Joe Riley at right back (get rid of Steinsson) so he really isn't needed.
lol.

he'll have to play left back eventually , what with coyle's "fitness coaches" workin' wonders.

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:41 pm

To be honest I think we're probably better off selling him on and bringing someone new in. Thats not to say his replacement will be any better of course. It's mainly to highlight the fact that we're very unlikely to get any sort of transfer fee recouped on a 33 year old left back.

He's given us good service over the years despite not having the best of followings but I think we can be grateful for what he's given us but I can't see why we wouldn't want to get money for an aging left back thats the same age as Ricardo Gardner. We have cover in Sam Ricketts, Joe Riley, Marcos Alonso and Ricardo Gardner so we should be able to cope with losing a defender thats set to one position (provided we get an adequate replacement in).

norm the jedi
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by norm the jedi » Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:25 pm

Mar wrote:To be honest I think we're probably better off selling him on and bringing someone new in. Thats not to say his replacement will be any better of course. It's mainly to highlight the fact that we're very unlikely to get any sort of transfer fee recouped on a 33 year old left back.

He's given us good service over the years despite not having the best of followings but I think we can be grateful for what he's given us but I can't see why we wouldn't want to get money for an aging left back thats the same age as Ricardo Gardner. We have cover in Sam Ricketts, Joe Riley, Marcos Alonso and Ricardo Gardner so we should be able to cope with losing a defender thats set to one position (provided we get an adequate replacement in).
he doesn't owe us owt! He's never really done less than the best he could.. albeit that he wasn't much feck good at times I think he was very much as good as he could be.. but I'm old , so I like a robust challenge so i'll always have a soft spot for his type of player.. uncomplicated.. :wink:
Are we in League 2 yet - Three seasons and we'll be away to Chesham

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:52 pm

Gail Platz wrote:Please, please please let this be true.
I doubt that it is. All they need to do is dig out the vid of last year's semi-final to remind themselves as to how Robinson would be lucky to get a game for the Rose & Crown!
May the bridges I burn light your way

Turkish Trotter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Turkish Trotter » Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:55 pm

May not have been the best, but never gave less than 100%, a lot more than some of the other tossers.
Born to be a Wanderer!!
Some say Wisdom comes with age, I may be the exception !!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:15 pm

Turkish Trotter wrote:May not have been the best, but never gave less than 100%, a lot more than some of the other tossers.
OK, I'll play at Everton and will also give 100%. Nice to know that at least one person will be happy with my general shitness! :?

Turkish Trotter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Turkish Trotter » Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:16 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Turkish Trotter wrote:May not have been the best, but never gave less than 100%, a lot more than some of the other tossers.
OK, I'll play at Everton and will also give 100%. Nice to know that at least one person will be happy with my general shitness! :?

Is that the shitness you're writing ???
Born to be a Wanderer!!

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:20 pm

I'm willing to chip in for the fuel.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:29 pm

Turkish Trotter wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

What? :conf:

Turkish Trotter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Turkish Trotter » Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:42 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Turkish Trotter wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

No one is happy with a player having bad games. No one is happy watching general shitness.
What I don't want to watch is the so called better players strolling round and not giving 100%.
Robinson is well past his best, but seems to care and gives 100% when out there.
It may not be good enough but neither are the other players who have got us in this mess.
All I was saying is that yes I would probably rather your 100% shit than someone elses 50% effort with the same result.
Born to be a Wanderer!!

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:51 pm

He never had a best.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:49 pm

I will forge his signature on the contract.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:56 pm

Turkish Trotter wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Turkish Trotter wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

No one is happy with a player having bad games. No one is happy watching general shitness.
What I don't want to watch is the so called better players strolling round and not giving 100%.
Robinson is well past his best, but seems to care and gives 100% when out there.
It may not be good enough but neither are the other players who have got us in this mess.
All I was saying is that yes I would probably rather your 100% shit than someone elses 50% effort with the same result.
That'll be a no then! Cheers. Are you actually saying that Robinson was once a guddun though? For me he fits snuggly into the same folder as the likes of Pratley, Eagles, Mears et al. If you bring in Championship players, where do expect to end up playing your football? :conf:

wanderers_on_tour
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by wanderers_on_tour » Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:15 pm

Agreed with Bruce about Robbo and Pratley being one and the same as far as quality but for some reason it seems i'm the only one that actually rates Eagles. Tad inconsistent but Stoke at home shows what he CAN do (when he can be arsed) and overall a average/good premier league player, especially when he knows he'll be needing a padded cushion for the bench once Lee is fit (and that's forgetting Mavies recent run)

tripod
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by tripod » Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:51 pm

He's wank. If we get an offer for him it's a no brainer surely :conf: