Adam Bogdan

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: Adam Bogdan

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:09 pm

lovethesmellofnapalm wrote:Bogdan can not under any circumstances play unless we are playing opposition in red kits. the pink jersey dooms him by embarrassment
orange allows some camouflage
Pink and orange together could have a very off-putting, maybe frightening effect on some opposition attack. :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:09 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
lovethesmellofnapalm wrote:Bogdan can not under any circumstances play unless we are playing opposition in red kits. the pink jersey dooms him by embarrassment
orange allows some camouflage
Pink and orange together could have a very off-putting, maybe frightening effect on some opposition attack. :wink:
Looks a million times better than the keeper he was earlier in the season. It was good to see him catching corners yesterday, which makes a change.

Out of interest Bruce, why the coward jibe? A little unfair on someone who has been an excellent servant to the club imho, or am I missing something?

jimbo_bwfc
Reliable
Reliable

Post by jimbo_bwfc » Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:13 pm

Agree with most that has been said, deserves to stay in net for now.

I also think we might benefit in the short-term from the general media/fans/perhaps even opposition player opinion that he's some sort of clutz goalkeeper.

I don't know whether the Bellamy shoot on sight policy was just Bellamy being a greedy c*nt or instruction to test Bogdan but he wasted a few opportunities to pass to someone in a better position and Bogdan caught every single long range effort with ease.
http://www.twitter.com/jderbyshirebwfc

"Like putting a tiara on a shirehorse"

Gail Platz
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Gail Platz » Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:01 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Is now, without a doubt, our first choice keeper. Anyone on here still care to make a case for the Finnish coward? :conf:
What is this fecking bollocks all about? Jussi has been an excellent performer for us and doesn't deserve any shit like this.

I agree with your first bit but you've let yourself down having a pointless dig at a true Bolton legend.

For me, Boggers has to remain number 1 when Jussi is back fit. He's done well, and yeah if he drops his performances then Jussi can rightly come back in the side but for me, if Boggers keeps up the performances then there isn't much way back for the legend. It's a shame really that he lost his place to injury but that's the way it goes for keepers usually.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:22 pm

Gail Platz wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:Is now, without a doubt, our first choice keeper. Anyone on here still care to make a case for the Finnish coward? :conf:
What is this fecking bollocks all about? Jussi has been an excellent performer for us and doesn't deserve any shit like this.

I agree with your first bit but you've let yourself down having a pointless dig at a true Bolton legend.

For me, Boggers has to remain number 1 when Jussi is back fit. He's done well, and yeah if he drops his performances then Jussi can rightly come back in the side but for me, if Boggers keeps up the performances then there isn't much way back for the legend. It's a shame really that he lost his place to injury but that's the way it goes for keepers usually.
You're as entitled to your opinion as I am to mine. I haven't decried any of what's gone before have I? I'm more into the here and now, and Jaaskelainen's completely lost his bottle, again, in my opinion.

It's like watching Peter Shilton when he was coming to the end of his career - everything's everyone else's fault.
May the bridges I burn light your way

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:37 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Gail Platz wrote:

You're as entitled to your opinion as I am to mine. I haven't decried any of what's gone before have I? I'm more into the here and now, and Jaaskelainen's completely lost his bottle, again, in my opinion.

It's like watching Peter Shilton when he was coming to the end of his career - everything's everyone else's fault.
Commonly known as Paul Robinson syndrome!

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:06 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Gail Platz wrote:

Commonly known as Paul Robinson syndrome!
I'll see your Paul Robinson and raise it with a Zat Knight!

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:27 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:

Is correct.

Get a sweetie from the jar.
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.

irie Cee Bee
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by irie Cee Bee » Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:53 pm

Bogdan has the "No. 1" shirt now and keeps it as he has done well. Jussi is a top keeper, better than Bogden at this time in my opinion, but right now will have to wait. The young man deserves his time between the sticks.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:58 pm

Hss to be backed for a spell in the side now. he comes for crosses and everything!

Riviman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Riviman » Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:15 pm

irie Cee Bee wrote:Bogdan has the "No. 1" shirt now and keeps it as he has done well. Jussi is a top keeper, better than Bogden at this time in my opinion, but right now will have to wait. The young man deserves his time between the sticks.
Bogdan always has the number 1 shirt, Jussi is number 22 !!!!
Exit stage right in shame !!
I feel reborn !!!! No more confussion

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:33 pm

Meh, Liverpool had one real chance and IMO he didn't quite do enough. It's harsh because Bellamy might well have scored anyway, but if we're comparing him to Jussi, I'm certain the Finn would've dragged his lead boots out there quicker.

I don't think there's that much in it overall but when it comes down to it, I'd still back Jussi to pull out a great save over Bogdan.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:10 pm

Tombwfc wrote:Meh, Liverpool had one real chance and IMO he didn't quite do enough. It's harsh because Bellamy might well have scored anyway, but if we're comparing him to Jussi, I'm certain the Finn would've dragged his lead boots out there quicker.

I don't think there's that much in it overall but when it comes down to it, I'd still back Jussi to pull out a great save over Bogdan.
I'd back him to drop to his knees, but there you go.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:06 pm

Tombwfc wrote:I don't think there's that much in it overall
I'm about here. Bogdan doesn't look a liability, but neither does Jussi. So it comes down to asset longevity and contract weight. Is Jussi's deal up in summer? And who's his agent - I'm guessing it's not still Peter Harrison... :twisted:

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:10 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Tombwfc wrote:I don't think there's that much in it overall
I'm about here. Bogdan doesn't look a liability, but neither does Jussi. So it comes down to asset longevity and contract weight. Is Jussi's deal up in summer? And who's his agent - I'm guessing it's not still Peter Harrison... :twisted:
Last summer it was still him for all 3 of Ali, Jussi & the Magyar. Bizarre realy.

Is there no list of who is who's agent DSB ? A man of your stature and all that ....
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:22 pm

bobo the clown wrote:Is there no list of who is who's agent DSB ? A man of your stature and all that ....
Not as far as I know. Agents have to be registered (officially) to be paid for their part in negotiations, but I'm not sure they have to declare their client lists on an ongoing basis. I could do some digging but frankly I'd rather f*cking not... :wink:

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:24 pm

bobo the clown wrote:Is there no list of who is who's agent DSB ? A man of your stature and all that ....
Not as far as I know. Agents have to be registered (officially) to be paid for their part in negotiations, but I'm not sure they have to declare their client lists on an ongoing basis. I could do some digging but frankly I'd rather f*cking not... :wink:
Idle tw@t !!

tbh, it may make an interesting 4-4-2 article. Set an intern on it.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:25 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
Idle tw@t !!

A list or player names next to agent names doth not an article make, my large-shoed amigo. :D

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:29 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
Idle tw@t !!

A list or player names next to agent names doth not an article make, my large-shoed amigo. :D
No imagination some feckers. Sheesh.

Once you get them set up some phone taps and get digging. There must be piles of empty equipment around that London thesedays.

Taking horses to water & all that. :hang:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:35 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:A list or player names next to agent names doth not an article make, my large-shoed amigo. :D
Neither do the bloody mid-season La Liga ratings, but that doesn't seem to have bothered you ;)