Adam Bogdan

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Adam Bogdan

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:11 pm

Is now, without a doubt, our first choice keeper. Anyone on here still care to make a case for the Finnish coward? :conf:
May the bridges I burn light your way

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Adam Bogdan

Post by thebish » Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:16 pm

not that much wrong with Jussi..

he's certainly not the reason we've been losing games...

not that much wrong with Boggers either - and I guess he's pretty obviously the future...

Jussi ain't done yet, though...

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:16 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Is now, without a doubt, our first choice keeper. Anyone on here still care to make a case for the Finnish coward? :conf:
I agree with the point, but disagree with the somewhat harsh description of a Wanderers stalwart. Bogdan's been very good, first rate, in the games he's played since Jussi's been out, and he deserves to keep the shirt when Jussi's fit. He's commanding, he's confident, and has a penchant for actually CATCHING the round thing. If nothing else, it's vindicated the decision to let Al Habsi go. Make no mistake, I'm fine with Jussi, always have been, and I still think he's a fine keeper. But right now, Bogdan's got the shirt, and it should be his to keep until he fumbles it.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:19 pm

thebish wrote:not that much wrong with Jussi..

he's certainly not the reason we've been losing games...

not that much wrong with Boggers either - and I guess he's pretty obviously the future...

Jussi ain't done yet, though...
On balance, I think I shouted for Bogdan to move off his line about as many times as I'd shout the same thing at Jussi.

Either way, I have no problems if Bogdan is announced on the teamsheet - unless we're playing Chelsea when he throws the ball in the net a lot.

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:26 pm

I think he did very well today - suspect he'll be told he started too deep for their goal mind
Sto ut Serviam

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:29 pm

CAPSLOCK wrote:I think he did very well today - suspect he'll be told he started too deep for their goal mind
That wouldn't surprise me, first thought I had too. That said, although Welsh wanker knocked it in front of him, it never looked like it was out of his control.

Holden midfielder
Promising
Promising

Post by Holden midfielder » Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:45 am

Bogdan has a lot of upside.

Jakerbeef
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jakerbeef » Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:51 am

He didn't start as deep as Knight should have!

I personally think a miniature revolution is starting to take place- Davies, Robbo and Jussi losing their place in the team and the average age of the squad going gradually down.

It'll probably continue next season and several of the players on 6 months or less will be told they can move on. (Hopefully before then though there'll be testimonials for Davies/Gardner at least) Which means even more young/youth players will be bought next season with the view being that they'll take a season or two to develop.

OC's got a plan and he's sticking to it. I don't think we'll be a fully grown team for a few seasons yet.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:03 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:Is now, without a doubt, our first choice keeper. Anyone on here still care to make a case for the Finnish coward? :conf:
Absolutely....he's now No1 for me

He commands the box much better than jussi, and comes of his line and collects the ball from corners which is good to see, and he will improve with more games

Passionate
Passionate

Post by 2399 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:39 am

Holden midfielder wrote:Bogdan has a lot of upside.

He got his Hair Cut though!

wonka
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by wonka » Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:04 am

"Coward" is a bit strong.

But, yea, Bogdan should be considered no. 1 keeper now.
... of course I may just be talking bo11ocks

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:05 am

Peter Thompson wrote:
Absolutely....he's now No1 for me

He commands the box much better than jussi, and comes of his line and collects the ball from corners which is good to see, and he will improve with more games
Only criticism would be for the goal, perhaps he should have been a bit further out to anticipate, but only a minor point. Will get better with more games, at the minute would be number 1 for me too.

Ianmooreslovechild
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Ianmooreslovechild » Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:12 am

Hopefully he will get used to playing the sweeper role behind a high line,difficult I'd imagine when he's finding his feet as he will look a tit when it goes wrong. For all Jussis increasing fallibility on crosses one thing he always did well was get off his line to sweep up behind the high line.

Jokers in White
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jokers in White » Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:13 pm

Excellent goalkeeping again, comes for crosses unlike jussi, punches the ball well clear unlike jussi, talks to his back 4 unlike jussi, boggers is one of the reason's we are defending better has a team. Jussi's time is up for me he will have to accept that he's 2nd choice now.
https://twitter.com/Chaddy_81" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

wanderer10
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by wanderer10 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:33 pm

Bogdan has to be our first choice now for me. He has some of Jussi's bad habbits in his game which he will be able to get rid of by remaining in the first team and not watching Jussi glued to his line for 90 minutes. He has the potential to be a quality keeper and Coyle needs to put faith in him to prove himself.

Ginger revolution!
"In 1874 boys of Christchurch Sunday School along with their master Thomas Ogden established a football club which went under the name of the school. The club broke away in 1877 and became Bolton Wanderers Football Club"

Tals-biggest-fan
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Tals-biggest-fan » Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:51 pm

I think if we drop him aswell its going to crush any confidence in the lad, he's put in great games this season and to just drop him out the squad would do no good!
NEIL LENNON'S SUPERWHITE ARMY

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:58 pm

He did well. Though I fancy Jussi might have made it harder for Bellamy..

Can't kick for toffee either...

But he is better claiming crosses and set pieces IMO...

Didn't spill any shots either.

lovethesmellofnapalm
Reliable
Reliable

Post by lovethesmellofnapalm » Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:02 pm

Bogdan can not under any circumstances play unless we are playing opposition in red kits. the pink jersey dooms him by embarrassment
orange allows some camouflage
"A child of five would understand this- send someone to fetch a child of five"

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:03 pm

yep got to be number 1 now surely with more games he can only get better
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

Jokers in White
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jokers in White » Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:06 pm

Tals-biggest-fan wrote:I think if we drop him aswell its going to crush any confidence in the lad, he's put in great games this season and to just drop him out the squad would do no good!
I agree with you mate, the lad is full of confidence and we need to keep it that way.
https://twitter.com/Chaddy_81" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;