Contract expiry

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Re: Contract expiry

Post by LeverEnd » Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:59 am

Unused sub again yesterday. Clearly a long way from starting. Would've been better off in our reserves, but that's easy to say in hindsight.
If I were him I'd been signing that contract quicksmart before it disappears.

Mar
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Mar » Sun Sep 12, 2021 1:24 pm

brommers95 wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:14 pm
It does seem odd to me that Evatt allowed Politic to go to Port Vale where Darrell Clarke plays with wingbacks and doesn’t seem very open to changing to a back four and a system with out and out wingers.

The obvious link is Flitcroft is director of football at Vale and obviously knows first hand the talent Politic has on a football pitch.

Maybe there were promises from Flitcroft that Dennis would get game time, promises that Darrell Clarke couldn’t give two hoots about because he doesn’t want to play a 21 year old winger at wingback.
It does seem surprising.

I suspect that Politic's lack of contract signing is down to a few things, and i'm speculating here:

Lack of representation of his improvement prior to the injury
Length of contract
Lack of game time prior to signing

I think it would be good for Politic to re-sign. Certainly going on loan doesn't represent him being put out to pasture as Gordon has come back and really kicked on. I rate Politic and I suspect that he would make a nice covering option to the likes of Sarcevic.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sun Sep 12, 2021 1:41 pm

Mar wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 1:24 pm
I suspect that Politic's lack of contract signing is down to a few things, and i'm speculating here:

Lack of representation of his improvement prior to the injury
Length of contract
Lack of game time prior to signing
All reasonable guesses, to which I would add "Thinks he might get a better offer elsewhere" - especially if he/agent thinks we've not offered enough money. I don't know if that's the case, but it's always, always a possibility in contract negotiations.

The_Gun
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by The_Gun » Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:21 pm

Darcy not in Sogndal’s squad today 🤷🏻

Not a tremendous spell for our loanees.