Contract expiry

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Whookam
Reliable
Reliable

Re: Contract expiry

Post by Whookam » Sat May 19, 2012 12:37 pm

TKIZ! wrote:
Beefheart wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:Eagles, albeit not hugely consistent, was one of our best players last season.

Which tells you everything you need to know about the others.
Really don't understand the stick Eagles gets. He isn't as good a player as Chungy, was bought as cover for him for around 1.5m, but managed as many goals and assists last season as Chungy managed in each of the previous 2. Better and younger replacement for Matty Taylor while costing less than the fee we got for Taylor. I guess people had already decided he was crap though, so none of that really matters.
Totally agree with Beefheart on this, never ever understand Eagles getting stick from the fans
Add me as another to this list. Sure he's inconsistent but as has been said he pretty much matched Lee for goals and assists.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat May 19, 2012 2:36 pm

Im a closet eagles fan as well. He shoots too much. But at least he shoots! *cogh*Ngog*cough*

wembley1995
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by wembley1995 » Sat May 19, 2012 2:40 pm

officer_dibble wrote:Im a closet eagles fan as well. He shoots too much. But at least he shoots! *cogh*Ngog*cough*
brilliant

i agree i am a fan too (a little bit) ha ha

*COUGH* NGOG!!*COUGH*
We're bolton wanderers we'll fight to the END!

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Sat May 19, 2012 2:51 pm

wembley1995 wrote:
officer_dibble wrote:Im a closet eagles fan as well. He shoots too much. But at least he shoots! *cogh*Ngog*cough*
brilliant

i agree i am a fan too (a little bit) ha ha

*COUGH* NGOG!!*COUGH*
there you go lads before you pass it on to the rest of us
Attachments
Benylin-Chesty-Cough-Syrup-Original_sp225.jpg
Benylin-Chesty-Cough-Syrup-Original_sp225.jpg (53.6 KiB) Viewed 5464 times
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat May 19, 2012 3:19 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:I think Petrov could be upgraded from expected to stay, to staying as he's still now officially under contract!
Until when?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat May 19, 2012 3:23 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:I think Petrov could be upgraded from expected to stay, to staying as he's still now officially under contract!
Until when?
1 year extension...

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat May 19, 2012 3:24 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Until when?
1 year extension...
[citation required]

midlands exile
Promising
Promising

Post by midlands exile » Sat May 19, 2012 3:37 pm

Eagles does my head in. Undoubtedly got some skills, and his work rate seems to have improved considerably. But sooooo many shots, mostly piddley pea rollers straight to the keeper. Or free kicks into the wall. Or tries to dribble past one too many defenders instead of passing it. Nowhere near CYL's level, certainly pre-injury anyway.

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Sat May 19, 2012 3:39 pm

Surprised Owen Coyle hasn't turned round and told him off for his hopeful shots against the keeper. Can only remember the one against Stoke as one he's scored from outside the box. All he seems to be doing when doing long shots is turning over possession. We keep possession, they don't score.

midlands exile
Promising
Promising

Post by midlands exile » Sat May 19, 2012 3:51 pm

Mar wrote:Surprised Owen Coyle hasn't turned round and told him off for his hopeful shots against the keeper. Can only remember the one against Stoke as one he's scored from outside the box. All he seems to be doing when doing long shots is turning over possession. We keep possession, they don't score.
Exactly. Saw stats of eagles this season, something like over 50 shots, for approx half a dozen goals.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sat May 19, 2012 4:52 pm

Think Holden, if fit will probably take the free-kicks and from what I remember of him he usually at least gets them up and over
Pfffft.

Sponge
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Sponge » Sat May 19, 2012 4:53 pm

I like Eagles except for his pissing free-kicks – into the wall every FECKING TIME. I nearly threw my computer out of the window after his second such effort against Stoke. Tw*t.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sat May 19, 2012 4:56 pm

Sponge wrote:I like Eagles except for his pissing free-kicks – into the wall every FECKING TIME. I nearly threw my computer out of the window after his second such effort against Stoke. Tw*t.
Totally agree with that, although really can't get the Eagles hate. I think someone pointed out he's scored same amount as CYL and provided provide same amount of assists
Pfffft.

midlands exile
Promising
Promising

Post by midlands exile » Sat May 19, 2012 5:02 pm

TKIZ! wrote:
Sponge wrote:I like Eagles except for his pissing free-kicks – into the wall every FECKING TIME. I nearly threw my computer out of the window after his second such effort against Stoke. Tw*t.
Totally agree with that, although really can't get the Eagles hate. I think someone pointed out he's scored same amount as CYL and provided provide same amount of assists
But that's from a hell of a lot more shots, and he gives the ball away so much more. I bet CYL's passes completed and successful tackles stats are miles better...

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sat May 19, 2012 5:15 pm

So you want to discourage a player from taking shots? Seems a bit weird, what do you want to us to do try and pass it into the net? Didn't work for Arsenal, they haven't won anything for years
Pfffft.

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Sat May 19, 2012 5:23 pm

midlands exile wrote:
TKIZ! wrote:
But that's from a hell of a lot more shots, and he gives the ball away so much more. I bet CYL's passes completed and successful tackles stats are miles better...
Yeah, but I don't think anyone is arguing that Eagles is better than CYL, but simply that given what he cost and who he replaced, the stick he gets doesn't seem fair given his contribution in terms of goals and assists for someone who was only ever intended to be second choice to CYL. I think it's fair to say he puts plenty of effort in too.

FaninOz
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FaninOz » Sat May 19, 2012 5:24 pm

Unfortunately I doubt if Muamba will ever be allowed to play again, such of an insurance risk as well as being a personal risk for the lad. So sad!! :(

And Wheater will be out for much of the season, if not all of it if he has a relapse which often happens with a cruciate injury.
Depression is just a state of mind, supporting Bolton is also a state of mind hence supporting Bolton must be depressing QED

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sat May 19, 2012 5:24 pm

Beefheart wrote:
midlands exile wrote:
TKIZ! wrote:
Yeah, but I don't think anyone is arguing that Eagles is better than CYL, but simply that given what he cost and who he replaced, the stick he gets doesn't seem fair given his contribution in terms of goals and assists for someone who was only ever intended to be second choice to CYL. I think it's fair to say he puts plenty of effort in too.
I concur
Pfffft.

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Sat May 19, 2012 5:33 pm

Re: stick for Eagles - if you ever give the ball away and stop, expect stick. Incidents like Newcastle at home where he gave the ball away and they scored don't help his standing.

I like him though, despite errors he was one of our main contributors in attack this season and could be very big for us next.
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

midlands exile
Promising
Promising

Post by midlands exile » Sat May 19, 2012 5:50 pm

TKIZ! wrote:So you want to discourage a player from taking shots? Seems a bit weird, what do you want to us to do try and pass it into the net? Didn't work for Arsenal, they haven't won anything for years
If they're crap at shooting and continually waste good attacking positions with speculative efforts that either go high and wide or lack any power, then yes. Taking shots for the sake of it just wastes possession, something we couldn't afford to do last season. If he could learn when to shoot and when to pass, then he'd go up in my estimations.