Contract expiry

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Contract expiry

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:45 pm

Updated to include John, Aimson, Amaechi and the four first-year professionals, plus outward loans for Greenidge and (TBC) Alexander.

DEC 2021
Xavier Amaechi (5/1/2001) – six-month loan from Hamburg, where he's contracted until 2023

JUNE 2022
*Matthew Alexander (7/5/02) - expected to go on season-long work-experience loan to Lancaster
*Luke Hutchinson (1/9/02)
Alex Baptiste (31/1/86)
Reiss Greenidge (10/8/96) - out on season-long loan to Barnet
*Adam Senior (20/1/02)
*Ryan Colvin (8/1/03)
Liam Edwards (2/10/96)
Liam Gordon (15/5/99)
MJ Williams (6/11/95)
Kieran Lee (22/6/88)
Andrew Tutte (21/9/90)
*George Thomason (12/1/02)
Brandon Comley (18/11/95)
Antoni Sarcevic (13/3/92)
Ali Crawford (30/7/91)
*Ronan Darcy (4/11/00)
*Jay Fitzmartin (14/9/02)
*Fin Lockett (20/4/03)
*Dennis Politic (5/3/00)
Nathan Delfouneso (2/2/91)

JUNE 2023
Gethin Jones (13/10/95)
Harry Brockbank (26/9/98)
Ricardo Santos (18/6/95)
Will Aimson (3/6/94)
Josh Sheehan (30/3/95)
Lloyd Isgrove (12/1/93)
Eoin Doyle (12/3/88)

JUNE 2024
George Johnston (1/9/98)
Declan John (30/6/95)
Dapo Afolayan (11/9/97)

*Underage for 2021/22 season, assuming EFL age rules don't change. No lengths given for extensions of Alexander and Senior contracts, so 2022 is an assumption.

brommers95
Reliable
Reliable

Post by brommers95 » Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:05 pm

Trust the process

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:16 pm

Just looking down the players whose contracts expire next summer, and I'd like us to tie MJ and Sarce down for another year ASAP. Probably Tomo too, although as his next contract will probably involve a decent pay bump, might fight shy on that just yet.

For most of the others I'd say let's see how the season progresses, whether they're young (kids, Gordon) or old (Lee/Delfouneso). Plenty of scope to up-skill next summer if we're in this division, let alone the one above (and I still think we're unlikely to push for promotion, but would happily be proved wrong).

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:23 pm

brommers95 wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:05 pm
Trust the process

I'm really pleased he's signed on and I hope he takes whatever opportunities he gets given here. It's a good show of faith in him, not just because he's been offered an extension to his contract, but because next season he occupies a registered squad place for the first time.

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:23 pm

“But for now I need to get back out playing week in week out because it’s what’s right for me and hopefully the lads can have an enjoyable season for everyone to watch

Glad to see him extending his contract and it sounds like he's going to be going out on loan.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:29 pm

Mar wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:23 pm
“But for now I need to get back out playing week in week out because it’s what’s right for me and hopefully the lads can have an enjoyable season for everyone to watch

Glad to see him extending his contract and it sounds like he's going to be going out on loan.
He's off to Scandiwegia. Well, he's already been, but they wouldn't let him in because of Covid lists so he had to come back for paperwork.

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/1 ... ve-norway/

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:32 am

Rub-roh. Evatt on Politic contract: “There is no more discussion. We made him an offer, so that’s that.”

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:39 am

Not sounding good for politic is it? Be helpful if he actually broke in to port vale’s team mind; if he’s not careful he will end up as one of these lads floating about clubless in the autumn next year.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:42 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:32 am
Rub-roh. Evatt on Politic contract: “There is no more discussion. We made him an offer, so that’s that.”
It does sound a bit agressive. Best to say nothing about these things and let them run their course.
I'm not really bothered if he signs or not personally.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:22 am

LeverEnd wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:42 am
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:32 am
It does sound a bit agressive. Best to say nothing about these things and let them run their course.
I'm not really bothered if he signs or not personally.
Sounds like a player with the wrong attitude. Evatt just sounds frustrated to be asked about it.

Not sure I’d welcome Politic back now. Clearly doesn’t have the knuckle down attitude of Darcy or Gordon.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:16 pm

I don't think that's clear at all. And if it is withdraw the contract offer, don't talk about it publicly.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:47 pm

Sorry, I posted that in a bit of a rush. A touch more context here:

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/1 ... vale-loan/

Evatt was asked if there had been any developments, and answered perhaps more honestly than diplomatically. Perhaps a touch too blunt but let's be honest, there's plenty a Twitter keyboard-banger who might be thinking we're not offering him a deal. We have, he's not signed it, so either we pay him more than we initially thought he was worth or that's the end of it for now.

Also more quotes on Politic not getting a minute yet for Port Vale:
We can’t demand that he plays because I certainly wouldn’t accept that from another manager. That would mean I was picking their team, whether the player has been good or not, and that can’t happen. You have to go and fight, earn the right to be in their team.

Now from our perspective, and my opinion, their team is not as good as ours so he has got a better chance of playing in their team than ours at the moment. But he still has to earn it, he still has to train well and make sure when he gets that opportunity he plays well because I can’t demand that he plays.

I can’t pick Port Vale’s team as well as my own, that can’t happen. Football isn’t like that, you have to go and earn it. And at the moment their manager obviously feels that he hasn’t, so again roll your sleeves up, get your head down, work hard and make sure you get in their team.
Spiky. I'm not sure I'd want shut of him, but BWFCi makes an interesting contrast with the OK-boss self-improvement attitudes of Darcy and Gordon. Now, we don't know whether Dennis is busting his ass and being ignored by the Vale boss, but I have to say it wouldn't make much sense for us to say "So you won't accept our terms and Vale won't give you as much as a minute? Fine then, here's double..."

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:48 pm

I think in Evatts defence Ike’s asks him regularly, as he’s asked by the Twitter lot pretty regularly as well.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:50 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:48 pm
I think in Evatts defence Ike’s asks him regularly, as he’s asked by the Twitter lot pretty regularly as well.
Aye. That said, he doesn't have to be as garrulous as he is. I think in this case it *is* a bit of a shot across the bows.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:05 pm

If Politic isn't getting in Port Vale's side then he's not come back from his injury with either the same ability or the same attitude, as he had prior. If he doesn't break into their first team and perform well, he might find us withdrawing our offer altogether.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Sep 11, 2021 2:01 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:05 pm
If Politic isn't getting in Port Vale's side then he's not come back from his injury with either the same ability or the same attitude, as he had prior. If he doesn't break into their first team and perform well, he might find us withdrawing our offer altogether.
I mean it's possible the're playing wing-backs or they're already got Garrincha 2 playing out wide or summat, but if so it would be either bad planning or bad luck.

You would hope and expect that Evatt is talking to the Vale manager about his player - not forcing his hand, just checking up, due diligence - and maybe so far he hasn't had his phone set ablaze with delight

brommers95
Reliable
Reliable

Post by brommers95 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:14 pm

It does seem odd to me that Evatt allowed Politic to go to Port Vale where Darrell Clarke plays with wingbacks and doesn’t seem very open to changing to a back four and a system with out and out wingers.

The obvious link is Flitcroft is director of football at Vale and obviously knows first hand the talent Politic has on a football pitch.

Maybe there were promises from Flitcroft that Dennis would get game time, promises that Darrell Clarke couldn’t give two hoots about because he doesn’t want to play a 21 year old winger at wingback.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:36 am

brommers95 wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:14 pm
It does seem odd to me that Evatt allowed Politic to go to Port Vale where Darrell Clarke plays with wingbacks and doesn’t seem very open to changing to a back four and a system with out and out wingers.

The obvious link is Flitcroft is director of football at Vale and obviously knows first hand the talent Politic has on a football pitch.

Maybe there were promises from Flitcroft that Dennis would get game time, promises that Darrell Clarke couldn’t give two hoots about because he doesn’t want to play a 21 year old winger at wingback.
Perhaps there wasn’t anywhere else to send him? There was interest from Scotland but hint was he didn’t fancy it.

Songdal play today. Wonder if Darcy will be involved? For me he’s the better of the two prospects…

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:11 am

brommers95 wrote:

From memory, I think Evatt intimated it was Politic's choice to go there and I think Iles reported that Flicker being there was key to his decision making.

brommers95
Reliable
Reliable

Post by brommers95 » Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:24 am

nicholaldo wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:11 am
brommers95 wrote:

From memory, I think Evatt intimated it was Politic's choice to go there and I think Iles reported that Flicker being there was key to his decision making.
Makes sense. Thanks, didn’t see that myself. Let’s hope he seizes any opportunity he gets.