Contract expiry

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Mar
Icon
Icon

Re: Contract expiry

Post by Mar » Mon May 07, 2012 11:38 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Mar wrote:I reckon that Reo-Coker's got a relegation release clause put in his contract. Which even though it says Summer 2013 he won't be here then.

If, on the off chance we do stay up, we need to sign someone of genuine quality. Doesn't matter their age.
Can't see that happening. The messiah has already said, we need to continue the current policy - spending all Eddie's hard earned on youngsters that may or may not prove to be any good. But it's pretty safe, because they never get off the bench, so difficult to disprove.

We'll see whether that's the case. Hopefully Sordell's confidence isn't that shot that he ends up playing and not scoring like Elmander used to do so that later down the line he thinks sod it and leaves on a free.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Mon May 07, 2012 11:40 am

Mar wrote:Hopefully it'll be a case of lesson learned and we can build with that in mind.
That's the problem though - clueless doesn't learn from his mistakes, he continues making the same shambolic mistakes & decisions game after game and then just blames everyone & everything else !

His overall managerial incompetence is now behond a joke - and it will say a hell of a lot about our chairman if he continues to allow the clueless buffoon to inflict further damage next season.

90% of the fans knew what was required yesterday at 2-0, more bodies & fresh legs in centre midfield but clueless and his Burnley chums thought that sending on pedestrian 'can't be arsed' lethargic Klasnic and CYL who had been out for 9-10 months was the way to see out the game - astonishing !

Ianmooreslovechild
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Ianmooreslovechild » Mon May 07, 2012 11:57 am

Mar wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
Mar wrote:I reckon that Reo-Coker's got a relegation release clause put in his contract. Which even though it says Summer 2013 he won't be here then.

If, on the off chance we do stay up, we need to sign someone of genuine quality. Doesn't matter their age.
Can't see that happening. The messiah has already said, we need to continue the current policy - spending all Eddie's hard earned on youngsters that may or may not prove to be any good. But it's pretty safe, because they never get off the bench, so difficult to disprove.

We'll see whether that's the case. Hopefully Sordell's confidence isn't that shot that he ends up playing and not scoring like Elmander used to do so that later down the line he thinks sod it and leaves on a free.
The Sordell thinng is bizarre. What can happen now?
He fails next season and coyle looks a tit.
or
He succeeds next season and coyle looks a tit for not using him when we needed a goalscorer to keep us up.

Nuts

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Mon May 07, 2012 12:12 pm

I'm wondering whether the reason we've not seen Jussi back as a regular first team player (OK, Bogdan has done a fairly sterling job IMO) is that he has a contract clause that gives him a further contract should he play so many games. It's fairly common these days apparently. If that is the case, then he clearly won't be here next season. All of the rest could do a job in the Championship and I suspect would get us at least a play off spot

If the Billy Big Boots don't want to take a pay cut however, I won't be mourning the loss of anyone on the 2012 list, they're all replaceable.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

norm the jedi
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by norm the jedi » Mon May 07, 2012 2:01 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:
Mar wrote:Hopefully it'll be a case of lesson learned and we can build with that in mind.
90% of the fans knew what was required yesterday at 2-0, more bodies & fresh legs in centre midfield but clueless and his Burnley chums thought that sending on pedestrian 'can't be arsed' lethargic Klasnic and CYL who had been out for 9-10 months was the way to see out the game - astonishing !
Klasnic was already on at 2 - 0 he came at 1 - 0 linked up for the davies chance before the goal. He was on for Ungog who was fooked and contributing not so much.. when we needed a second which we got..
Who were all the available central mid dynamo's available to shore up a knackered and broken midfield.. bearing in mind we only had one sub to make having lost the only half decent stopper we had left at half time..
Vela? Really? Not on the evidence of Spurs

you could just as easily argue that, Essentially one sub worked - one not so much..

Don't get me wrong the blokes poor but get yer facts straight.
Are we in League 2 yet - Three seasons and we'll be away to Chesham

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Mon May 07, 2012 2:41 pm

norm the jedi wrote:
Peter Thompson wrote:
Klasnic was already on at 2 - 0 he came at 1 - 0 linked up for the davies chance before the goal. He was on for Ungog who was fooked and contributing not so much.. when we needed a second which we got..
Who were all the available central mid dynamo's available to shore up a knackered and broken midfield.. bearing in mind we only had one sub to make having lost the only half decent stopper we had left at half time..
Vela? Really? Not on the evidence of Spurs

you could just as easily argue that, Essentially one sub worked - one not so much..

Don't get me wrong the blokes poor but get yer facts straight.
Which facts might they have been then, do you really think that Klasnic played well !!

And by bringing Vela on in central midfield, and going 4-5-1 with 3 central midfielders would not have made us harder to beat when we desperately needed 3 points and FWIW I'd of took Klasnic back off

norm the jedi
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by norm the jedi » Mon May 07, 2012 2:53 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:
90% of the fans knew what was required yesterday at 2-0, more bodies & fresh legs in centre midfield but clueless and his Burnley chums thought that sending on pedestrian 'can't be arsed' lethargic Klasnic and CYL
[/qoute]
Which facts might they have been then, do you really think that Klasnic played well !!
IT WAS ONE NIL WHEN HE KLASNIC CAME ON.. THE MANAGER PUT ON AN ATTACKER AT 1-0 when we needed a goal

Have I typed slowly enough for you?

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Mon May 07, 2012 3:02 pm

norm the jedi wrote:
Peter Thompson wrote:
90% of the fans knew what was required yesterday at 2-0, more bodies & fresh legs in centre midfield but clueless and his Burnley chums thought that sending on pedestrian 'can't be arsed' lethargic Klasnic and CYL
[/qoute]
IT WAS ONE NIL WHEN HE KLASNIC CAME ON.. THE MANAGER PUT ON AN ATTACKER AT 1-0 when we needed a goal

can you write it in crayon plz
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

norm the jedi
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by norm the jedi » Mon May 07, 2012 3:09 pm

plymouth wanderer wrote:
norm the jedi wrote:
Peter Thompson wrote:
[/qoute]

It was 1-0 when Klasnic came on

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Mon May 07, 2012 3:10 pm

norm the jedi wrote:
plymouth wanderer wrote:
norm the jedi wrote:
Peter Thompson wrote:
[/qoute]

It was 1-0 when Klasnic came on
did ya type something

did mention i am colour blind
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon May 07, 2012 3:11 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:If the Billy Big Boots don't want to take a pay cut however, I won't be mourning the loss of anyone on the 2012 list, they're all replaceable.
Pretty much this. Depends how big a slice of our wage budget they're asking for - noting that we'd probably have to get at least some bodies in if we lose a dozen.

I'd like to keep Ricketts for his versatility but it depends whether he'll accept a pay cut - remember it was a contract dispute with Hull which made him available to us in the first place.

I've nothing against Steinsson but with Mears and Riley at right-back I think Coyle would rather spend his money elsewhere.

Kevin Davies has proved he still has his uses (especially, arguably, in the Championship) but he can't be paid one of the club's highest wages if he's not a week-in-week-outer.

Same goes in spades for Jussi. Club legend, much loved, happy in the area but can't command top-dollar for permanent bench-warming. Bogdan is the No.1, kids coming through, I'd like an experienced back-up and would love it to be Jussi - but it depends how much he wants for a reduced role.

Petrov has played well of late but is ageing, well-remunerated and possibly not the first man you'd call on in the Championship.

Klasnic, too, is the wrong side of 30 and doesn't start many.

Zat Knight isn't as bad as many make out but I wouldn't weep if he walks.

Mark Connolly and Temitope Odabeyi don't seem to have made the grade, although if Knight leaves Connolly might stand a chance.

Robbo, Gardner, Sean Davis, Robbie Blake - no thanks, the gravy train stops here.

Ivan Klasnic

Jakerbeef
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jakerbeef » Tue May 08, 2012 12:45 am

If NRC has a relegation release clause in his contract, he hasn't been playing like it.

Can see us keeping
Holden
Muamba
Pratley
Vela
Mears
Bogdan
Ream
Wheater
Ngog
Sordell
Ricketts
Wylde
Riley

Hopefully Keep
Mavies
Lee
Coker
Eagles (personally think he's been a revelation these past few games)
Petrov
Davies

Wouldn't mind if they left if we got replacements
Steinsson
Knight
Robbo
Jussi
Klasnic
Davis
Alonso

Which would see us needing full backs and strikers. Decent strikers are hard to get in the championship so we'll be looking at Sordell and Ngog stepping up. Ngog needs serious coaching to get rid of his lack of confidence in the box too.

Also would need some wingers if we don't keep enough of Lee, Petrov and Eagles.

bwfc
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by bwfc » Tue May 08, 2012 9:46 am

The worrying factor is the time left on the contracts of Holden and Lee.

Whether we go down or stay up they only have 12 months left and although currently coming back from injury I can see these two moving on.

Eagles will want to stay in the Premier he has done his time in the Champ down the road, so if we get relegated he will be off.

Its the nature of the beast if we get relegated, unless you are willing to do a west Ham and keep players on £20-30k per week contracts and above the players will move on. There is no way we will be able to continue paying current wages, the risk would be potentially catastrophic.

The pressure is on to stay up or we are starting again from scratch.

The only bonus is we would hopefully have a new manager and one that hopefully knows his arse from his elbow. Judging by Kean's comments last night I presume that Coyle would try and stay on even though he has taken us down in just over 2 years of his stewardship. Kean & Coyle have very similar records which gives us an insight into Gartside's ability as if Rovers were being run properly they would have got rid of kean months ago. What are we doing with this idiot still in charge????????

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Tue May 08, 2012 12:28 pm

And exactly who would take Eagles?? Can't see anyone else paying anywhere near what he'll be getting out of us. I think we could lose Lee and Holden come January if they're fit and have had a good season though. Hey ho, time will tell.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue May 08, 2012 12:32 pm

bwfc wrote:The worrying factor is the time left on the contracts of Holden and Lee.

Whether we go down or stay up they only have 12 months left and although currently coming back from injury I can see these two moving on.

Eagles will want to stay in the Premier he has done his time in the Champ down the road, so if we get relegated he will be off.

Its the nature of the beast if we get relegated, unless you are willing to do a west Ham and keep players on £20-30k per week contracts and above the players will move on. There is no way we will be able to continue paying current wages, the risk would be potentially catastrophic.

The pressure is on to stay up or we are starting again from scratch.

The only bonus is we would hopefully have a new manager and one that hopefully knows his arse from his elbow. Judging by Kean's comments last night I presume that Coyle would try and stay on even though he has taken us down in just over 2 years of his stewardship. Kean & Coyle have very similar records which gives us an insight into Gartside's ability as if Rovers were being run properly they would have got rid of kean months ago. What are we doing with this idiot still in charge????????
We're shedding our wage bill naturally with the 12 out of contract players.

Nobody will touch Holden especially, and LCY probably with a barge pole till they've had a fair season under their belts. IMO.

Eagles will be off? Don't make me laugh, he's lucky to be at Bolton and knows it!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed May 09, 2012 11:09 am

Says int' BEN that it's likely that Klasnic is on his way no matter what!

TOP scorer Ivan Klasnic could be waving goodbye to the Reebok this summer – but he looks unlikely to take up Croatian club Rijeka on their offer of a deal next season.

It seems likely that the 32-year-old hitman, who leads Wanderers’ scoring charts with nine goals in all competitions, will be heading for pastures new when his contract runs out in July, regardless of whether the club remain in the Premier League or not.

The striker represents Croatia at international level but has never played club football there, starting his professional career in his country of birth, Germany.

But if he does end his three-year stay in Bolton, the former Nantes and Werder Bremen hitman is unlikely to head in that direction.

“This is the first time that I have heard something like that,” Klasnic said in the Croatian press.

“I don’t know anything about Rijeka’s interest and, for sure, nobody has called me so far.

“I’m glad that they rate me so highly in Croatia and I understand that they have big ambitions, but the reality is something different.”
May the bridges I burn light your way

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu May 10, 2012 5:02 pm

The number of contracts we attempt to renew may have something to do with this, which is hardly news but is worthy of note: We're third from bottom of the Telegraph's Premier League solvency table

norm the jedi
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by norm the jedi » Thu May 10, 2012 5:36 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:The number of contracts we attempt to renew may have something to do with this, which is hardly news but is worthy of note: We're third from bottom of the Telegraph's Premier League solvency table
14th ?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu May 10, 2012 6:25 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:The number of contracts we attempt to renew may have something to do with this, which is hardly news but is worthy of note: We're third from bottom of the Telegraph's Premier League solvency table

why have they included West Ham in there??

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Thu May 10, 2012 7:35 pm

thebish wrote:

why have they included West Ham in there??
I am assuming they are using the latest available club accounts which would be from last season, hence West Ham's inclusion (and Blackpool).

No Birmingham though, or Citeh. :conf:
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.