Relegation - Boom or Bust?

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Your Attitude to Relegation

Never - I want to watch us in the Prem
56%
Never - The club will go bust
22%
Never - Same money for Fizzy Pop ST's - WTF??
No votes
I'd welcome it - Better football, more adventure
10%
I'd welcome it - Change of manager
4%
I'd welcome it - Its part of the building process
2%
Other
6%

Total votes: 50

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Relegation - Boom or Bust?

Post by Athers » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:44 am

Feeling bust has never been this disappointing before.
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Il Pirate
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Il Pirate » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:08 pm

I cannot believe the question has been asked :shock: And for all you people who have replied along the lines of ' well, it may not be bad, rebuilding, etc'.Feck off and support Bury. Or Halifax, or Stockport. See how much fun it is then. Idiots.......................... :evil:

Il Pirate
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Il Pirate » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:10 pm

Wonderwanderer12 wrote:I want to watch us in the Prem! Wilshere,Sturridge,Miyaichi, we came to know that Arsenal's and Chelsea's best young talents playing for their reserve teams are good enough for our first team, so, we should get at least 2 youngsters from them on loan every season in order to stay up and challenge Europa League place(5th or cup titles).

Totaly beggers belief..............

89bwfc89
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by 89bwfc89 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:49 pm

Crikey.....just read the thread from the beginning....

:hang:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:04 pm

Just remember this is/was about the possibility of relegation from the premier league.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:53 pm

Il Pirate wrote:I cannot believe the question has been asked :shock: And for all you people who have replied along the lines of ' well, it may not be bad, rebuilding, etc'.Feck off and support Bury. Or Halifax, or Stockport. See how much fun it is then. Idiots.......................... :evil:
Bit harsh. I'd wager some of those who said they wouldn't mind a drop have watched us at two or three of those clubs, as equals. I know I have, even if I might not share the enthusiasm.

Strikes me as a bit divisive to say "If you don't share my opinions, I'd rather you didn't support the same club."

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:09 am

I've seen us at Stockport and Bury more than once and we didn't win any of them (Kevin Bloody Francis!). Still maintain however that my happiest memories supporting Bolton come from the lower leagues. Obviously the Prem/Europe years were great, but for me it's about seeing a successful Wanderers team playing entertaining confident football. We were far from that in the last few Prem years and if we have to drop down and come back so be it. I come to watch Bolton not the opposition.
And all these doomsayers who go on about how we'll never get back etc etc, remember the mid '80s FFS! Who'd have predicted then where we'd be by 1995? And I know it's a different financial climate but we're not as hard up as is made out. Big clear out coming up next summer.

Il Pirate
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Il Pirate » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:17 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Il Pirate wrote:I cannot believe the question has been asked :shock: And for all you people who have replied along the lines of ' well, it may not be bad, rebuilding, etc'.Feck off and support Bury. Or Halifax, or Stockport. See how much fun it is then. Idiots.......................... :evil:
Bit harsh. I'd wager some of those who said they wouldn't mind a drop have watched us at two or three of those clubs, as equals. I know I have, even if I might not share the enthusiasm.

Strikes me as a bit divisive to say "If you don't share my opinions, I'd rather you didn't support the same club."[/quote]

As you are aware, I didn't say that. So don't try to put words in my mouth. I, like a lot of supporters want the best for the club. I have also traipsed around a lot of lower league grounds in my time supporting BWFC. It's something I'd rather not do again.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:44 pm

Il Pirate wrote:

Strikes me as a bit divisive to say "If you don't share my opinions, I'd rather you didn't support the same club"
As you are aware, I didn't say that. So don't try to put words in my mouth. I, like a lot of supporters want the best for the club. I have also traipsed around a lot of lower league grounds in my time supporting BWFC. It's something I'd rather not do again.
You're right, you didn't say that. The words that tumbled from your keyboard included:
Feck off and support Bury
Idiots
I'd say that's a bit divisive. And offensive. Wouldn't you?

Il Pirate
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Il Pirate » Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:41 pm

Il Pirate wrote:

Strikes me as a bit divisive to say "If you don't share my opinions, I'd rather you didn't support the same club"
You're right, you didn't say that. The words that tumbled from your keyboard included:
Feck off and support Bury
Idiots
I'd say that's a bit divisive. And offensive. Wouldn't you?

As you know more than most, it's a football forum. Opinions get aired. What I find offensive, is that there are a number of posters on here, including yourself, who seem to think they can take some kind of moral high ground against others whenever something is posted which they don't agree with.
I don't think what I posted was divisive. If people would rather watch Bury, so be it. They can still be a Wanderer.
I seem to remember not long ago, you were bleating about not posting on the forum again because something upset you. If you keep picking on individuals on a forum because you don't agree with what they post, you will continue to be upset. HTFU.