Villa away-postpone it

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Mar
Icon
Icon

Re: Villa away-postpone it

Post by Mar » Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:19 pm

Correct decision for all concerned. Can't see the players being mentally right for the game and they will have certainly not been preparing aswell as they should with the obvious concerns going around.

Fixture list is going to get pretty tight come the end of the season but it pales in comparison to whats going on at the moment.

ROVERS F.C.
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by ROVERS F.C. » Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:02 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
P.O.S. wrote:If anything, I feel quite glad that our next match will be a home one - gives us fans a chance to show our support on mass
Indeed - and I'd like to think that even the lowest of Blackburn's low-life (and we've seen some pretty shocking stuff from them this season) will be able to behave themselves for the afternoon. I hope so.

There is absolutely no need for comments like that.Rovers fans are generally known as a good set of supporters and the 5,000 who will be at your place come next weekend, I'm sure, will all be respectful of the situation.
PROUD BLACKBURN ROVERS FC....THE MOST SUCCESSFUL TOWN CLUB IN THE UK

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:08 pm

ROVERS F.C. wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
P.O.S. wrote:If anything, I feel quite glad that our next match will be a home one - gives us fans a chance to show our support on mass
Indeed - and I'd like to think that even the lowest of Blackburn's low-life (and we've seen some pretty shocking stuff from them this season) will be able to behave themselves for the afternoon. I hope so.

There is absolutely no need for comments like that.Rovers fans are generally known as a good set of supporters and the 5,000 who will be at your place come next weekend, I'm sure, will all be respectful of the situation.
If the game takes place. Which apparently is in doubt at this stage.....

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:12 pm

ROVERS F.C. wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

Oh, I don't doubt it - and will be walking down to the ground with my Rover-supporting mates - just we, you and every other club has an element that don't quite see these things as you or I may hope that they might. It certainly wasn't a generalisation.
May the bridges I burn light your way

ROVERS F.C.
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by ROVERS F.C. » Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:16 pm

Fair enough.Let's all hope our game is not postponed as we will all then be in no doubt as to the very sad reason for it.
PROUD BLACKBURN ROVERS FC....THE MOST SUCCESSFUL TOWN CLUB IN THE UK

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:09 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
ROVERS F.C. wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

What's the source for this madman? Obviously Tuesday is too soon, the players will be elsewhere in their heads... But, even if the worst was to happen (please no, please no, please no) this game should go ahead, imho...

And, to ROVERS FC, who is very welcome on this site, in my view, I know that Rovers fans will be respectful, and that they care about Fabrice Muamba, and are with us in longing for his recovery...

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:14 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
ROVERS F.C. wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

Is it?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:38 pm

William the White wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
ROVERS F.C. wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

What's the source for this madman? Obviously Tuesday is too soon, the players will be elsewhere in their heads... But, even if the worst was to happen (please no, please no, please no) this game should go ahead, imho...

And, to ROVERS FC, who is very welcome on this site, in my view, I know that Rovers fans will be respectful, and that they care about Fabrice Muamba, and are with us in longing for his recovery...
Bolton's relegation six-pointer with rivals Blackburn Rovers, due to be played on Saturday, will also be under review - with a decision on that game due shortly.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Fa ... 79832.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Think you're right in that the Blackburn game probably will go ahead. But frankly I don't care one jot either way, so long as Fabrice wakes up and is as ok as can be.....

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:08 am

I suppose, without wanting to speculate too much, the next few days will be crucial in deciding whether or not Saturday goes ahead. I'd imagine it will, and I hope so much that it will, with good news.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:35 pm

Yeah, obviously things are still up in air, but I think we should play the game. The result is irrelevant, and I wouldn't think any less of any of the players if they wanted to sit it out, but I'd hope it will go ahead.

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:29 pm

Wednesday's reserve fixture at West Brom has now also been postponed.
"Young people, nowadays, imagine money is everything."

"Yes, and when they grow older they know it."

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:40 pm

If Fab pulls through we'll ahve to decide this week what to do about the cup game, which would technically be on Saturday wouldnt it?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:51 pm

ohjimmyjimmy wrote:If Fab pulls through we'll ahve to decide this week what to do about the cup game, which would technically be on Saturday wouldnt it?
Semis are scheduled for Apr 14/15. The QF @ Spurs - should we choose to play it - could be rearranged for Wed 28 Mar or Wed 4 Apr; it couldn't be Wed Apr 11 as that would logistically be too close to the semi and anyway there's a full top-flight league programme between Mon 9 and Wed 11 (extra Easter game).

In related news, although it barely seems worth mentioning at the minute, rearranging the Spurs league game (scheduled for the cup semi-final weekend) could be a psychological problem, not just in light of Fab's illness but also with having a difficult game in hand. (For the record, Spurs play QPR away on Sat 21 Apr and Blackburn at home on Sun 29 Apr...)
Last edited by Dave Sutton's barnet on Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:55 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
ohjimmyjimmy wrote:If Fab pulls through we'll ahve to decide this week what to do about the cup game, which would technically be on Saturday wouldnt it?
Semis are scheduled for Apr 14/15. The QF @ Spurs - should we choose to play it - could be rearranged for Wed 28 Mar or Wed 4 Apr; it couldn't be Wed Apr 11 as that would logistically be too close to the semi and anyway there's a full top-flight league programme between Mon 9 and Wed 11 (extra Easter game).
You have to leave time for a replay week too.....

Logistically getting tight.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:57 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:

Fair point well made, although I can almost feel people bristling about such conversations.

Ianmooreslovechild
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Ianmooreslovechild » Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:04 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:

Fair point well made, although I can almost feel people bristling about such conversations.
You're right. Play spurs as a charity game and put all the takings to suitable heart related and first aid related causes,waive the opportunity to progress in the cup so the result is irrelevant(which it is anyway). Should have nothing to do with performance and everything to do with support for moo and heart related charities. Would be a better way pychologically to deal with the spectre of WHL for the players too.

SpursLegend
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by SpursLegend » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:32 pm

Ianmooreslovechild wrote:You're right. Play spurs as a charity game and put all the takings to suitable heart related and first aid related causes,waive the opportunity to progress in the cup so the result is irrelevant(which it is anyway). Should have nothing to do with performance and everything to do with support for moo and heart related charities. Would be a better way pychologically to deal with the spectre of WHL for the players too.
You're right. The result is completely irrelevant. If we lose, I will never have been so unbothered about losing a game, especially one to get to Wembley. I want the 1/4 Final to go ahead still though, to show Moo how united the two clubs are in his support.

davroduk
Reliable
Reliable

Post by davroduk » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:19 pm

It seems that there is a glimmer of hope with the news this evening, regarding the small improvement in Fabs condition. (Long way to go I know)
In a day or so we should have a better understanding of his recovery.
My point (taking the news into consideration) is this.....
Do we sit around felling sorry for ourselves and Fab,
Or do we get out there with a new determination to "Do it for Fabrice" and not just go back to W.H.L. but win this feckin cup, and dedicate it to him.
Im sure the knowledge that B.W.F.C. are F.A. Cup winners, and safe from relegation would be the best medicine he could ever wish for!!!!!

Sit at home and wallow in depression..........
OR
Get out there and get the job done ???????

What do you think would aid his recovery ?????????
TALKING BALLS AS ALWAYS

claus jensens guitar
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by claus jensens guitar » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:08 pm

Damn right. Would be amazing if Muamba was the one lifting the cup.

P.O.S.
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by P.O.S. » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:12 pm

claus jensens guitar wrote:Damn right. Would be amazing if Muamba was the one lifting the cup.
In much the same was as Abidal and Barcelona did with the Champions League last season - it would be splendid!

But I wouldnt want to add any extra pressure on the team to perform other than what they already have, especially after these events. It wasnt so long ago that we were wanting a cup semi final win "for Nat", and I dont want to think about that day very much ever again!