Villa Away.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Re: Villa Away.

Post by Gary the Enfield » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:33 pm

After only our third draw of the season last weekend I'm going for a clean sheet. 2-0 to us, Eagles and Davies (K)

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:50 pm

An early goal and get the Villa fans on the players backs and it might well turn out a real good night for us (that's a good night as opposed to goodnight).
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Jez
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jez » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:55 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17812040" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Looks like everyone who wants to see vela start might get their chance

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:02 pm

boltonboris wrote:Just heard a rumour that Tuncay left the Reebok in a huff after not making the bench for Blackburn. If that's the case, feck him..
Any news/proof of this? Only, the midweek after the Blackburn game, he played at Spurs... admittedly in a semi-shadow squad...

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:13 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
boltonboris wrote:Just heard a rumour that Tuncay left the Reebok in a huff after not making the bench for Blackburn. If that's the case, feck him..
Any news/proof of this? Only, the midweek after the Blackburn game, he played at Spurs... admittedly in a semi-shadow squad...
Marc Iles apparently said that he'd gone back to Germany.

But before that there were rumours circulating on twitter about the Blackburn scenario.

It's all second hand, but the person who tweeted the rumour claims to have heard it from somebody at the club and there were other people who saw him leave the hotel entrance. Wash bag in tow
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:18 pm

That's no way to talk about his missus.

Ianmooreslovechild
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Ianmooreslovechild » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:23 pm

Cant blame him given the way he's been treated. Would be useful to have him around still tho

Bruno3
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Bruno3 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:49 pm

If Vela's playing I hope they get him some boots that fit - he favoured Coco the clown when he came on on Saturday

Sponge
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Sponge » Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:03 pm

Gravedigger wrote:
Sponge wrote:
Gravedigger wrote:The fat lady is warming up. Win this we are in with a chance, lose or even draw and we can get out the A to Zs for the Championship team locations. This is the team from hell, no good saying we lost Holden or Lee, though they may have made a difference. I trust that, if the almost inevitable happens, Gartside and Coyle will have the balls to ship them all out and get some passion back into the team. Not one of the outfielders has earned their wages this season and had Jussi and Bogdan not performed so well we could have lost every single game bar the odd one or two and shipped dozens more goals. Almost shameful to be a Trotter these days.8)

Nonsense comment. Amazing how you can turn a positive—our keepers' (supposed) good performances—into an overall negative. You could just as well argue the reverse: "Had Davies and Ngog performed better we could have won every single game bar the odd one or two and scored dozens more goals."

It's an opinion, lad. and Jussi and Bogdan were excluded from overall negativity. But I agree with your rejoinder, had Davies and Ngog (and the rest) performed better etc, etc, etc. And I agree with it because it is your opinion to which you are entitled. Now where's that nurse with me meds? 8)

Right on. "Nonsense" was unnecessary – apologies. :pissed:

('Twas nonsense though :wink:)

ratbert
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ratbert » Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:17 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
LiOC wrote:
the-Bowtun-Warrior wrote:Is there anything around Villa park? Anywhere decent to eat?
Gonna be there a little earlier. A bite for tea would be nice?

Never been before.
Not sure on the food front. Getting something in the city centre may be best if you're going that way.
I'm down that way this afternoon & tomorrow, so booked a cheapish hotel nearby. I then had a scout around & yep ... b-all food available. Not even an odd pizza place or Indian. So, I may start on that diet after all. That'll please some folk.
Try the Wetherspoons on Bennett's Hill, just off New Street. Stay away from Villa Park area food outlets.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:26 pm

I went to a chippy not far from the ground a couple of seasons back, think we got beat 4-2. Anyhow, it had a sign outside saying "fresh fish"

In Birmingham

Sponge
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Sponge » Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:29 pm

boltonboris wrote:I went to a chippy not far from the ground a couple of seasons back, think we got beat 4-2. Anyhow, it had a sign outside saying "fresh fish"

In Birmingham

Cool story!

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:31 pm

I'm guessing the irony is lost on you.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:34 pm

boltonboris wrote:I'm guessing the irony is lost on you.

:lol:

EverSoYouri
Reliable
Reliable

Post by EverSoYouri » Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:48 pm

m_taylor wrote:Have people heard that Villla are planning a minutes applause for Muamba in the 6th minute as a show of respect. Villa will also be doing a minutes applause for S.Petrov in the 19th minute?

I think thats really cool of them.

Yep. And remind me, what did BWFC do to show respect for Piermario Morosini?

Passionate
Passionate

Post by 2399 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:09 pm

Had an Electrical Problem at our rented house, and tommorow is ANZAC Day.

They didn't leave until after midnight.

I've asked/said I will stay up to watch the match!

(Match starts at 4:45AM)

C'mon Bolton, Obviously don't lose or draw!!!

bwfcmadlad
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by bwfcmadlad » Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:10 pm

well i have just backed Villa to win tonight and i never win a bet so its either a draw or whites win now :-)

Maybe i should back the draw as well to make sure?

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:13 pm

Officially shitting bricks now.

Enough of my medical problems!

COYWM!

P.S. Just changed my password for the forum. Won last time I did that!

LiOC
Reliable
Reliable

Post by LiOC » Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:21 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
LiOC wrote:
boltonboris wrote:I think if we still had Cahill, we'd have more points personally.
I think the defence has been better since he's left but I think that's more down to dropping Knight than Cahill. I just don't think the sale has affected us that much. We'd probably have a few more goals though.
We've gained a lot more points since we stopped playing 4-4-2. As I recall, this started to happen at Blackburn (when Klas played deeper); Cahill was sold not long after. Causation or correlation? I think our improvement (sporadic, but evident) is more realistically tied to increased tactical nous than selling an international centre-back.
Agreed. I'm not saying our better form is due to selling Cahill just that there hasn't been any point where it's obvious that we're missing our international centre back. Unlike when you watch Eagles and think "oh my god we need Chungy!". I've not stood watching Ream going "if only we had Gary Cahill still...". If that makes any sense.

coffeymagic
Reliable
Reliable

Post by coffeymagic » Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:25 pm

Is this game on the radio at all?

5Live seems to broadcasting some Chelsea end-of-season run out and I can't (I imagine) look up Talksports schedule at work.

Can't access GMR up here. May have to try and listen on BRMB or whatever.

Don't like the sound of this.
I'm not asking you to 'think outside the box' I just wish you'd have a rummage around in it once in a while.

http://www.coffeymagic.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
twitter @thetonycoffey