Spuds at Home

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

DIPS
Hopeful
Hopeful

Re: Spuds at Home

Post by DIPS » Wed May 02, 2012 10:09 pm

We're assuming 4 points will be enough, just what if QPR match that? No longer on our own hands. Tonight was the biggest game of the seadon and we fecked up real bad.
walter Mackem wrote: Lets get this clear, we can come and take what we want from your tawdry little club whenever we want.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Wed May 02, 2012 10:10 pm

Jakerbeef wrote:It could yet be reet. Need 4pts from the next two.

Show the fanatical commitment we had at the start of the second half from minute 1 against West Brom and we may only need a point down at Stoke. Both those teams will want it far, far less than us. Or Spurs.
Which is equally as bad.

We keep hoping for teams to help us out and when they do we can't get out the bottom 3. We need 4 points from 2 teams that have nothing to lose, i.e. can attack for fun. We can't defend for shit so expect to go down.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Wed May 02, 2012 10:11 pm

-31 goals FFS.
Businesswoman of the year.

HMX
Passionate
Passionate

Post by HMX » Wed May 02, 2012 10:12 pm

Did our goal difference a lot of good. Had to go for it though.

Jokers in White
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jokers in White » Wed May 02, 2012 10:13 pm

Everytime we play one of the top teams, it always looks like they have more players on the pitch than us or could that be that there players run into space. I couldn't believe how disinterested M Davies was tonight if i was in that dressing room i would paste him.
https://twitter.com/Chaddy_81" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by SmokinFrazier » Wed May 02, 2012 10:14 pm

ChrisC wrote:
Jokers in White wrote:
Porrohman wrote:
Jokers in White wrote:-31 Goal Difference that's what's going to take us down.
and being shite with a manager who is fecking clueless.
Agree, these players have no fight in them.

Get to feck.. We come out second half the better team, got back on terms and then looked like going ahead.. any team would have been knocked with the goals that came against the run of play at that point in the game.

If Boyata hadn't of let Bale have the freedom of Bolton then we might of kept control of the game..

How some people are blaming Coyle is hilarious.. its not Coyle that lost us that game.. individual errors and punished by a world class team.
Agreed.

I thought the big mistake was Boyata for not getting back when they were countering. He let Bale run amok and it left us wide open.

To say we didn't show fight is just ridiculous though. It's simply not true. We came out in the second half and absolutely bossed them, winning everything and eventually getting the goal. The second goal knocked the wind out of us and maybe after that our heads went down, but we still showed lots of desire.

Call the players spineless if they performed like Blackburn, sure. However, they clearly didn't.

newboy
Promising
Promising

Post by newboy » Wed May 02, 2012 10:15 pm

I hate this current group of players I hate Coyle and his shit team selection and his shit substitutions and his shit inspired half time talks and his shit tactics and his shit grinning face be ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffvkin glad when this whole shitty season is over Roll on Sunday 3 points against West Brom I mean it's not as if they've got anything to play for not with Hodgson being made England manager and not wanting to impress whoever comes in shit shit shit

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by SmokinFrazier » Wed May 02, 2012 10:17 pm

newboy wrote:I hate this current group of players I hate Coyle and his shit team selection and his shit substitutions and his shit inspired half time talks and his shit tactics and his shit grinning face be ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffvkin glad when this whole shitty season is over Roll on Sunday 3 points against West Brom I mean it's not as if they've got anything to play for not with Hodgson being made England manager and not wanting to impress whoever comes in shit shit shit
We lost to a team who will probably be in the Champions League and have some world class players.

Get a grip. We lost to a better team and a loss is what anyone who is unbiased would have predicted.

Jokers in White
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jokers in White » Wed May 02, 2012 10:18 pm

ChrisC wrote:
Jokers in White wrote:
Porrohman wrote:

Get to feck.. We come out second half the better team, got back on terms and then looked like going ahead.. any team would have been knocked with the goals that came against the run of play at that point in the game.
If Boyata hadn't of let Bale have the freedom of Bolton then we might of kept control of the game..

How some people are blaming Coyle is hilarious.. its not Coyle that lost us that game.. individual errors and punished by a world class team.
Bollocks! any team my arse. To get a result against Spurs you HAVE to close them down quick give them no time on the ball, we gave them all the fcuking time in the world QPR didn't that's why they beat them 1-0.

ratbert
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ratbert » Wed May 02, 2012 10:19 pm

Give over you lot. Bad result but we're staying up. Better than QPR, better games than QPR and that'll be what gets us over the line.

Besides which the media crowing at our demise will be intolerable.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed May 02, 2012 10:19 pm

Those saying that losing was not Coyles fault,must be watching a different game to me. Most tactically naive setup I've seen. Play a high line and give Spurs players who have bags of pace space to run in behind.

With our non existent midfield that was asking for trouble.

Especially when we pushed on second half.

1-1 would have been ok.

We can still stay up but NRC is fecked, could hardly run today, clearly injured. Other players also seem to be struggling.

Think we are gone now barring Stoke doing us a huge favour against QPR. Not in our hands anymore!

Ianmooreslovechild
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Ianmooreslovechild » Wed May 02, 2012 10:19 pm

Why are people assuming we can beat west brom.They are very good away from home and very well organised. Stoke likewise are strong at home. Neither will roll over or do us any favours.

As for tonight at 31 it was game over. If we'd gone shit or bust against that lot theyd have bagged ten and we'd have got a second consolation. Fact is most of the time we dont have players as good as oiur opponents and tactically weare notbeing managed by a Jose Mourinho or even a Roy Hodgson unfortunately.

Jokers in White
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jokers in White » Wed May 02, 2012 10:20 pm

SmokinFrazier wrote:
ChrisC wrote:
Jokers in White wrote:
Porrohman wrote:

Agreed.

I thought the big mistake was Boyata for not getting back when they were countering. He let Bale run amok and it left us wide open.

To say we didn't show fight is just ridiculous though. It's simply not true. We came out in the second half and absolutely bossed them, winning everything and eventually getting the goal. The second goal knocked the wind out of us and maybe after that our heads went down, but we still showed lots of desire.

Call the players spineless if they performed like Blackburn, sure. However, they clearly didn't.
We give up when they went 2-1 up cruel has it was but that's reality.

Jez
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jez » Wed May 02, 2012 10:21 pm

put yourself in qprs place ffs

theyve just lost 6-1, not 4-1, to a team lower in the table than spurs

they have stoke and man city to play, we have stoke and west brom

we are still the bookies favourite to stay up for a reason

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed May 02, 2012 10:23 pm

Ream had a great game. If we had a MOTM, he was it.

Playing high line against that sort of pace was positively nieve. Did they ever do it? No way, even though their defenders are faster than our forwards. For those who said KD looked knackered, really, I wonder why? Bloke played his bollocks off and,as usual got f-all from the officials, or indeed those around him. We had the chances and couldn't take them; N'gog, Eagles, Petrov, Boyata. Bottom line, they made us look second rate on chase balls. Can't remember one ball for one of our forwards to chase...oh, aye, Petrov had one. We lost to a far better team and who really expected us not to?

Mike Dean, what else is new? Get a penalty off him, you're having a laugh.

Now it's really serious. We daren't lose even to have a slim chance. Not quite dead yet though.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Jokers in White
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jokers in White » Wed May 02, 2012 10:25 pm

Jez wrote:put yourself in qprs place ffs

QPR don't lose at home, we do 11 defeats at home this season is fcuking shocking worst in our time in the premiership.

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by SmokinFrazier » Wed May 02, 2012 10:27 pm

Jez wrote:put yourself in qprs place ffs

If QPR fans watched our game and compared it to theirs against Chelsea, then they'll be worried. Even though the results are similar, their players didn't show an ounce of fight and their fans will be worried whether they can turn it around against Stoke. At least our players did try and, for 60 minutes, weren't outclassed. QPR were throughly outplayed and looked abysmal against Chelsea.

Would they swap positions with us? In a heartbeat.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Wed May 02, 2012 10:29 pm

Jokers in White wrote:
ChrisC wrote:
Jokers in White wrote:
Porrohman wrote:

Bollocks! any team my arse. To get a result against Spurs you HAVE to close them down quick give them no time on the ball, we gave them all the fcuking time in the world QPR didn't that's why they beat them 1-0.
What has that got anything to do with a team conceding 2 quick goals against the run of play?

Any team would struggle to come back from a hit like that in a game is what i said.. I didn't say anything about the game overall and closing down etc.. in the bit you highlight as bollocks!

newboy
Promising
Promising

Post by newboy » Wed May 02, 2012 10:30 pm

just saw his grinning face on SSN WTF has he got to laugh about he should be fvkin punching the walls no we'll dust or selves down blah blah Barclay's premier league at least if when we go down I won't have to listen to that phrase again

Jez
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jez » Wed May 02, 2012 10:39 pm

modric's goal was sadly, pretty damn good, but from the other game tonight this was incredible

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0QTzEOBVNk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;