Doomsday: Stoke away

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

50sQuiff
Reliable
Reliable

Re: Doomsday: Stoke away

Post by 50sQuiff » Mon May 14, 2012 2:36 pm

Everything I hate about football summed up in one picture. Crouch is a cheating, talentless wanker.

the-Bowtun-Warrior
Reliable
Reliable

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior » Mon May 14, 2012 2:38 pm

It's slightly soft but I don't have too many issues with the penalty. Bog's leg catches him and although not what we like the modern day game has that as a penalty.

The first one however.....

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon May 14, 2012 2:47 pm

50sQuiff wrote:Everything I hate about football summed up in one picture. Crouch is a cheating, talentless wanker.
Correct. He wasn't going to do anything from there even if he'd got the ball, so down he went.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

the-Bowtun-Warrior
Reliable
Reliable

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior » Mon May 14, 2012 2:57 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
50sQuiff wrote:Everything I hate about football summed up in one picture. Crouch is a cheating, talentless wanker.
Correct. He wasn't going to do anything from there even if he'd got the ball, so down he went.

Bit of devils advocate here:

Is that any better or worse than the few times we've seen Mavies do it when STILL had the chance to 'do something' after the challenge?
I know its a bugger but we smile when he does it but I won't mad when Crouch did it :(

50sQuiff
Reliable
Reliable

Post by 50sQuiff » Mon May 14, 2012 2:59 pm

the-Bowtun-Warrior wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:

Is that any better or worse than the few times we've seen Mavies do it when STILL had the chance to 'do something' after the challenge?
I know its a bugger but we smile when he does it but I won't mad when Crouch did it :(
You're not wrong. I still hate it. This case was particularly egregious though. I wonder if Bogdan was even blocking Crouch's path to the ball.

adamworthy2002
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by adamworthy2002 » Mon May 14, 2012 2:59 pm

the-Bowtun-Warrior wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:

Never! Mavies helped our club and crouch didn't.

I don't care what happens to other clubs just my own.


BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon May 14, 2012 3:01 pm

There was contact. Whether he ran into Bogdan, or Bogdan fouled him there was definitely contact.

I don't think that it was a terrible decision, just one that looked a penalty in real time. But replays showed it to be a harsh call.

1st goal was ridiculous though!

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon May 14, 2012 3:08 pm

All four goals were ridiculous.

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Mon May 14, 2012 3:11 pm

Kev's goal...when the commentator said 'did he mean that, did he spot at gap at the near post from out wide?'

I mean, come on.

adamworthy2002
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by adamworthy2002 » Mon May 14, 2012 3:12 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:All four goals were ridiculous.
Maybe so! But there was nothing wrong with either of ours.


William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Mon May 14, 2012 3:17 pm

Whookam wrote:
William the White wrote:
I wasn't silent in October... i was doing what I could as a supporter... Supporting... I find it hard to be ashamed of that.

Were you creating noise in October? How? Where? What did you do exactly?

Come on, tell us. I was supporting the team. What, exactly, were you doing to save us? Posting negative comments on this forum? You think that was a positive contribution to saving us from relegation? Stroll on... :roll:
I think those that saw what was happening to the club back then deserve their time in the sun. They saw the danger, you didn't. :conf:
I saw the danger. Who didn't? Since we've been in the bottom three most of the season.

americantrotter
Passionate
Passionate

Post by americantrotter » Mon May 14, 2012 3:20 pm

I knew when they let the first goal stand it wasn't our day. Sad to see it be so poorly officiated, but we left ourselves in that spot. That's what happens to the 18th place team, I bet that there has rarely been a decisive difference to 18th and 17th place.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon May 14, 2012 3:21 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:There was contact. Whether he ran into Bogdan, or Bogdan fouled him there was definitely contact.
And if that was contact, what was theirs on Bogdan? A six foot nineteen bloke going down like a Fred Dibnah demolition job? He dived, end of. Won't change a thing, but imagine Pullis's reactions if that had been given at the other end or, as I said yesterday, KD had barged into Sorensen. We'd have head the screams on Bradshawgate.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Sponge
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Sponge » Mon May 14, 2012 3:21 pm

I'm still livid at how sharp (compared to our other strikers) Sordell looked when he came on. FFS, why was he on the bench for five months?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon May 14, 2012 3:31 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:There was contact. Whether he ran into Bogdan, or Bogdan fouled him there was definitely contact.
And if that was contact, what was theirs on Bogdan? A six foot nineteen bloke going down like a Fred Dibnah demolition job? He dived, end of. Won't change a thing, but imagine Pullis's reactions if that had been given at the other end or, as I said yesterday, KD had barged into Sorensen. We'd have head the screams on Bradshawgate.
Depends on your definition of diving.

I'm not sure he could have stayed on his feet.

I certainly don't think he "threw" himself over. I'll watch it on telly later though, as only seen it the once.

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Mon May 14, 2012 3:36 pm

Mind you given the dog's abuse we've given him over the years, wouldnt blame him for wanting one over us.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon May 14, 2012 4:25 pm

ohjimmyjimmy wrote:Mind you given the dog's abuse we've given him over the years, wouldnt blame him for wanting one over us.
ex-QPR an' all. As noted, ex-Wanderer Jonny Wallets seemed almost sheepish about converting it.

Meh. We didn't get 38 points, so we didn't deserve to stay up. Considering some of the bizarro goals we've scored in the last two games I daresay it's a bit cheap to complain about the last two of the 77 we conceded.

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Mon May 14, 2012 4:35 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
ohjimmyjimmy wrote:Mind you given the dog's abuse we've given him over the years, wouldnt blame him for wanting one over us.
ex-QPR an' all. As noted, ex-Wanderer Jonny Wallets seemed almost sheepish about converting it.

Meh. We didn't get 38 points, so we didn't deserve to stay up. Considering some of the bizarro goals we've scored in the last two games I daresay it's a bit cheap to complain about the last two of the 77 we conceded.
True that, probably 3-2 up on the good break vs bad break scoreboard over the last 2 games.

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Post by H. Pedersen » Mon May 14, 2012 6:02 pm

I kind of feel like Coyle’s tactical failings were summed up by the fact that we had a few corners at the end of the game and Bogdan wasn’t up for them. I mean if there’s ever a time to throw your keeper up it’s when you need a goal to beat relegation. Jimmy Glass anyone?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon May 14, 2012 6:11 pm

H. Pedersen wrote:I kind of feel like Coyle’s tactical failings were summed up by the fact that we had a few corners at the end of the game and Bogdan wasn’t up for them. I mean if there’s ever a time to throw your keeper up it’s when you need a goal to beat relegation. Jimmy Glass anyone?
As much as I love to point out Coyles failings, not sure that was one. I think when he took KD off for Sordell he was pretty much saying 'weve had it anyways' as QPR were 2-1 up. Even going into injury time QPR were leading. Everything in the ground was flat.

City equalised just as that corner was being taken for Reams header.

Yeah I guess you can argue throw Bogdan in, nowt to lose. But I genuinely think the fans, Coyle, the players knowing the QPR score had packed it in by then.

Nobody could predict what was about to happen at City.

One of those things.