OUR club...

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

the-Bowtun-Warrior
Reliable
Reliable

OUR club...

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior » Thu May 10, 2012 9:09 pm

We’ve had good few days of negativity since Sunday; time for it to stop folks.
One of the 2,700 heading down the M6 on Sunday? Right, it’s time to sit up and get sorted…

11 seasons we’ve been here. 11 years since we stood at the Millennium and dreamed of what was to come. 11 years since Gudni lifted that Play-Off trophy and Nat looked on with such a smile.
In the following 11 seasons we’ve had some times; the original relegation escape, the wins at Old Trafford the Carling Cup journey, the result at Fratton Park, the resultant European adventures; the night in Munich, the night in Marseille, The proud and disastrous trip to Wembley…
The list goes on doesn’t it? The list goes on for memorable days and nights we’ve had with this glorious club of ours.

Now, come August we’ll still be there. Be it Brighton or Manchester, we will be there. Why? Because this is OUR club. The club WE love. The club WE stand side-by-side for.

Who’s ready to give it up? Ready to label the 11 years as in the past or would we want to remain on that journey? Little Bolton; we came, we saw, we conquered, we….left?

Not for me. I’m not lying down.

Come Sunday afternoon we have a chance. A good chance. A realistic chance.
On Sunday afternoon we have one final go at saving this journey from becoming one in the past.
I’m not ready to lie down and watch MY club, MY love see its darkest day for many a year. Not without a fight…

If you’re one of the 2,700 lucky (and I mean lucky – whatever the outcome we are privileged to see a continuum of this journey or to see it through) soles to be in that away end on Sunday it’s time to BELIEVE.
We won’t win this fight without belief. We can’t win it without desire. We can’t win it without 2,700 fans, 14 players, management and club officials standing side-by-side and showing the passion which got us here.
If you’re going to be there on Sunday, it’s time to believe in every ball which bounces on that field. It’s YOUR job to scream your bleeding lungs out from the moment you arrive until the final blow of the whistle. 2,700 Wanderers have to stand in that away end, BELIEVE and bloody well show it.
If you’re watching back in the pub in Lancashire, believe. If you’re listening behind a radio, believe. A PC screen with a Greek commentator? Believe.

Sunday could be our last for a while guys guys. Let’s not let it be. We do everything WE can for OUR club.
3 days of belief and positivity; for OUR club.

Come on you Whites!

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Re: OUR club...

Post by CAPSLOCK » Thu May 10, 2012 9:19 pm

IAMIN
Sto ut Serviam

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Thu May 10, 2012 9:22 pm

:pray:

You'll do for me fella. I believe too.

Come on Wanderers :oyea:
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Thu May 10, 2012 9:24 pm

CAPSLOCK wrote:IAMIN
Idi?

the-Bowtun-Warrior
Reliable
Reliable

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior » Thu May 10, 2012 9:28 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote::pray:

You'll do for me fella. I believe too.

Come on Wanderers :oyea:

Good man.
This is just about removing this idea that we have some sort of right to success in terms of a relegation fight and recognising that it's time to come together as one and give it one hell of a shot.

imagine this;
2:20pm. The players are sent out to warm-up. the away end to their right is packed to the rafters. 2,700 whites all in colour, shirts, flags, scarfs, banners and a wall of noise. Think what that does to the players....

If we are to go, we go in a proud manner.

problem is, we're not going :pissed:

Armchair Wanderer
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Armchair Wanderer » Thu May 10, 2012 9:34 pm

the-Bowtun-Warrior wrote:If you’re watching back in the pub in Lancashire, believe. If you’re listening behind a radio, believe. A PC screen with a Greek commentator? Believe.
Not sure whether to squeeze myself into a pub to watch one/both of the Manc teams or just watch Jeff getting excited. Leaning towards SSN at the mo. SSN seem a lot more Bolton-friendly than the radio, whichever pundit is on Bolton duty is much more sympathetic and we actually get talked about in a positive way. Very unhappy with Radio 5.
the-Bowtun-Warrior wrote:Come on you Whites!
Woop!
The players you fail to sign never lose you any money.

HMX
Passionate
Passionate

Post by HMX » Thu May 10, 2012 10:14 pm

Inspirational stuff!

I do feel priveleged to be going on Sunday and will be singing my heart out. COME ON YOU WHITE MEN!

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Thu May 10, 2012 10:18 pm

the-Bowtun-Warrior wrote:We’ve had good few days of negativity since Sunday; time for it to stop folks.
One of the 2,700 heading down the M6 on Sunday? Right, it’s time to sit up and get sorted…

11 seasons we’ve been here. 11 years since we stood at the Millennium and dreamed of what was to come. 11 years since Gudni lifted that Play-Off trophy and Nat looked on with such a smile.
In the following 11 seasons we’ve had some times; the original relegation escape, the wins at Old Trafford the Carling Cup journey, the result at Fratton Park, the resultant European adventures; the night in Munich, the night in Marseille, The proud and disastrous trip to Wembley…
The list goes on doesn’t it? The list goes on for memorable days and nights we’ve had with this glorious club of ours.

Now, come August we’ll still be there. Be it Brighton or Manchester, we will be there. Why? Because this is OUR club. The club WE love. The club WE stand side-by-side for.

Who’s ready to give it up? Ready to label the 11 years as in the past or would we want to remain on that journey? Little Bolton; we came, we saw, we conquered, we….left?

Not for me. I’m not lying down.

Come Sunday afternoon we have a chance. A good chance. A realistic chance.
On Sunday afternoon we have one final go at saving this journey from becoming one in the past.
I’m not ready to lie down and watch MY club, MY love see its darkest day for many a year. Not without a fight…

If you’re one of the 2,700 lucky (and I mean lucky – whatever the outcome we are privileged to see a continuum of this journey or to see it through) soles to be in that away end on Sunday it’s time to BELIEVE.
We won’t win this fight without belief. We can’t win it without desire. We can’t win it without 2,700 fans, 14 players, management and club officials standing side-by-side and showing the passion which got us here.
If you’re going to be there on Sunday, it’s time to believe in every ball which bounces on that field. It’s YOUR job to scream your bleeding lungs out from the moment you arrive until the final blow of the whistle. 2,700 Wanderers have to stand in that away end, BELIEVE and bloody well show it.
If you’re watching back in the pub in Lancashire, believe. If you’re listening behind a radio, believe. A PC screen with a Greek commentator? Believe.

Sunday could be our last for a while guys guys. Let’s not let it be. We do everything WE can for OUR club.
3 days of belief and positivity; for OUR club.

Come on you Whites!
the-Bowtun-Warrior for president
:pissed:
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu May 10, 2012 11:20 pm

100%

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Thu May 10, 2012 11:42 pm

Agreed! :pray:

Come on you whites!

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri May 11, 2012 1:35 am

Gonna be working. Better be fecking quiet coz no-one is getting any food. I'm going to be in the kitchen kicking pans listening to the radio. I've got horror visions of half an hour of leading 3-0 at Stoke while QPR cling to a 0-0 at City.

I'd got to the acceptance stage on DSB's list, quite idiotically and optimistically looking forward to a year pissing it 5-0 every week. Then I saw that pitch invasion at QPR. We've always been about shoving it up the arses of the arrogant feckers who dismissed us. What a fine Wanderers moment an escape this weekend would make. Unfortunately it also looks like the kind of fairly tale outcome we often look like doing, before fecking it up. As others have said though, no matter what, we'll still be around to stuck two fingers up at the next half arsed patronising journalist who dismisses us next year, whatever league we are in.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri May 11, 2012 8:59 am

We've got nowt to lose at Stoke. As it stands we're in the bottom 3, so all we can do is gain.

I'll be there and I'll be hoarse by the end as I was after West Brom.

As said, we all disagree about things around the club, but on matchdays there should be no dissent in the ground, and this Sunday is the biggest case of that.

100% support. We can do it.

Lennon'sEleven
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Lennon'sEleven » Fri May 11, 2012 9:29 am

What a speech. Take a bow. COYW!
Formerly known as Meg'sEleven. And Owen'sEleven. And Dougie'sEleven. We're getting through them aren't we...

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri May 11, 2012 9:35 am

COME ON YOU WHITE MEN!!!!
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

DIPS
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by DIPS » Fri May 11, 2012 9:37 am

Post of the year.
walter Mackem wrote: Lets get this clear, we can come and take what we want from your tawdry little club whenever we want.

DIPS
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by DIPS » Fri May 11, 2012 9:39 am

COYFWM let's annihilate Stoke on Sunday! Was fearful and nervous all week but now pumped up for this ge. WE CAN DO THIS.
walter Mackem wrote: Lets get this clear, we can come and take what we want from your tawdry little club whenever we want.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Fri May 11, 2012 12:30 pm

Coyle: "Our focus is simple - we need three points. They'll be a cracking atmosphere and our sell-out away following will play their part."
Businesswoman of the year.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri May 11, 2012 12:48 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:Coyle: "Our focus is simple - we need three points. They'll be a cracking atmosphere and our sell-out away following will play their part."
Coyle didn't say that, Hoss, you've made it up. He would have said "Terrific" atmosphere and also would have squeezed in a "Barclays Premier League" somewhere. Tsssk! Can't believe a word you say. ;)
May the bridges I burn light your way

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri May 11, 2012 1:40 pm

Superb OP, Bowtun Warrior. Best bit, for me:
the-Bowtun-Warrior wrote:Now, come August we’ll still be there. Be it Brighton or Manchester, we will be there. Why? Because this is OUR club. The club WE love. The club WE stand side-by-side for.

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Fri May 11, 2012 1:44 pm

C'MON
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience