Wishing you all the best

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

flatfoot
Hopeful
Hopeful

Wishing you all the best

Post by flatfoot » Mon May 14, 2012 11:15 am

Trying desperately hard not to come across as trite, condescending or gloating in any way. Here goes:

QPR fan in peace. Genuinely sorry that you guys went down this season - it was just a shame that it came down to one or other of us. I think we can both agree that Aston Villa deserved to drop a little more than either of us did.

Here's hoping you come back up soon, balance the books and find a manager that does not run his players in to the ground, play them when injured and blame injuries when he starts to run out of players....some of your guys looked absolutely dead on their feet in the second half on Sunday.

All the best.

AgentC
Hopeful
Hopeful

Re: Wishing you all the best

Post by AgentC » Mon May 14, 2012 11:18 am

flatfoot wrote:Trying desperately hard not to come across as trite, condescending or gloating in any way. Here goes:

QPR fan in peace. Genuinely sorry that you guys went down this season - it was just a shame that it came down to one or other of us. I think we can both agree that Aston Villa deserved to drop a little more than either of us did.

Here's hoping you come back up soon, balance the books and find a manager that does not run his players in to the ground, play them when injured and blame injuries when he starts to run out of players....some of your guys looked absolutely dead on their feet in the second half on Sunday.

All the best.

Well done Paddy Kenny has rewritten himself into the Bury good books with his performances this season, Bolton are MASSIVE so will be after everyone this summer so don't worry about them

QPR4Life
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by QPR4Life » Mon May 14, 2012 11:19 am

I agree with this post, I think we were the better side and we will have a bigger impact on the division than Bolton ever will.

Would much prefer to have seen Villa drop, but the important thing is that WE stayed up.

Unlucky boys, better luck next year :pissed:

AgentC
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by AgentC » Mon May 14, 2012 11:21 am

QPR4Life wrote:I agree with this post, I think we were the better side and we will have a bigger impact on the division than Bolton ever will.

Would much prefer to have seen Villa drop, but the important thing is that WE stayed up.

Its orite you wont have to do much to make more of an impact than the scrubbers.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon May 14, 2012 11:22 am

QPR4Life wrote:I agree with this post, I think we were the better side and we will have a bigger impact on the division than Bolton ever will.

and you have signed up to a bolton forum to say that.... because????

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Mon May 14, 2012 11:23 am

hmmm. 4 consecutive top 8 finishes, 5th but for goal difference, cup final, semi finals, Bayern Munich away, Athletico, Jay Jay, Djorkaeff, Hierro and the many others. When you've 'achieved that' then you may come back and make statements like your first sentence. We may have been utterly shite this season, but we've achieved far more than QPR have done and will do for many years...

Edit: Directed at QPR4Life and not OP

QPR4Life
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by QPR4Life » Mon May 14, 2012 11:28 am

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:hmmm. 4 consecutive top 8 finishes, 5th but for goal difference, cup final, semi finals, Bayern Munich away, Athletico, Jay Jay, Djorkaeff, Hierro and the many others. When you've 'achieved that' then you may come back and make statements like your first sentence. We may have been utterly shite this season, but we've achieved far more than QPR have done and will do for many years...

What by lumping the ball up to a fat Southampton reject?

It's such exciting times at QPR, the sky really is the limit for us. Enjoy the championship under bugs bunny.

Sponge
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Sponge » Mon May 14, 2012 11:29 am

QPR4Life wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:hmmm. 4 consecutive top 8 finishes, 5th but for goal difference, cup final, semi finals, Bayern Munich away, Athletico, Jay Jay, Djorkaeff, Hierro and the many others. When you've 'achieved that' then you may come back and make statements like your first sentence. We may have been utterly shite this season, but we've achieved far more than QPR have done and will do for many years...

It's such exciting times at QPR, the sky really is the limit for us. Enjoy the championship under bugs bunny.

:lmfao:

QPR4Life
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by QPR4Life » Mon May 14, 2012 11:30 am

thebish wrote:

WE ARE PLAYING TOP FLIGHT FOOTBALL NEXT YEAR! :conf:

QPR4Life
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by QPR4Life » Mon May 14, 2012 11:31 am

Sponge wrote:
QPR4Life wrote:

:lmfao:
Have you seen the financial power behind us?

Enjoy the Championship, hard times ahead for you my friend.
THERES ONLY ONE OWEN COYLE!

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Mon May 14, 2012 11:31 am

QPR4Life wrote:

You have got another 10 years to go before your on par with us.

AgentC
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by AgentC » Mon May 14, 2012 11:31 am

QPR4Life wrote:
thebish wrote:

WE ARE PLAYING TOP FLIGHT FOOTBALL NEXT YEAR! :conf:
HAHAHAHA :laugh:

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Mon May 14, 2012 11:32 am

Careful what you wish for.
You'll be a bad F1 season away from being dumped and left with a squad full of mercenaries each on 10m a year.
That's all it takes, or a threat to TF's investments, and he'll drop you like a stone. Could be the aviation industry gets too much for him, a fatal crash in F1 causes it to be banned. Just hope it doesnt happen..

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Mon May 14, 2012 11:34 am

QPR4Life wrote:

Can you still see the sky? I thought you were under the shadow of Stamford Bridge and Craven Cottage? Bigger West London Clubs than you. Even Brentford have a better ground than you.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Mon May 14, 2012 11:34 am

QPR4Life wrote:

Of course. Silly me. Jay Jay, Djorkaeff, Hierro, Campo, Stelios, Speed, Candela were all known for hoofing the ball and playing ugly. I'm not saying we never played ugly football, but the Graeme Souness complaint that he got beat and its all Bolton's fault cos they hoof it excuse that got taken up as truth by Sky et al is complete bollocks.

Anyway, I seem to have missed the scintillating football played by your lot in recent years :roll:

Fact is. Both our teams were complete shite this season. We went down, could just as easily have been your lot. I don't see much to be happy about for either side. You'll struggle again next year despite chucking more money at overhyped dysfunctionals...

ratbert
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ratbert » Mon May 14, 2012 11:38 am

Wright-Phillips... Cisse... Zamora... you treat these perennial underachievers like they're the Barcelona all stars. How much did QPR spend to finish just one point ahead of us and to lose 6-1 on aggregate in our two games?

QPR4Life
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by QPR4Life » Mon May 14, 2012 11:39 am

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
QPR4Life wrote:

Of course. Silly me. Jay Jay, Djorkaeff, Hierro, Campo, Stelios, Speed, Candela were all known for hoofing the ball and playing ugly. I'm not saying we never played ugly football, but the Graeme Souness complaint that he got beat and its all Bolton's fault cos they hoof it excuse that got taken up as truth by Sky et al is complete bollocks.

Anyway, I seem to have missed the scintillating football played by your lot in recent years :roll:

Fact is. Both our teams were complete shite this season. We went down, could just as easily have been your lot. I don't see much to be happy about for either side. You'll struggle again next year despite chucking more money at overhyped dysfunctionals...
Take a look at our results once we had no injuries and a balanced team.

Beat Arsenal
Beat Liverpool
Beat Tottenham
Beat Stoke (double over them too)
Beat Swansea
Gave Citeh the fright of their lives.

Good times ahead for us :pissed:

QPR4Life
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by QPR4Life » Mon May 14, 2012 11:40 am

Gary the Enfield wrote:
QPR4Life wrote:

Can you still see the sky? I thought you were under the shadow of Stamford Bridge and Craven Cottage? Bigger West London Clubs than you. Even Brentford have a better ground than you.
Oooooh you're not a happy bunny are you?

"We'll never play you again!"

QPR4Life
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by QPR4Life » Mon May 14, 2012 11:42 am

ratbert wrote:Wright-Phillips... Cisse... Zamora... you treat these perennial underachievers like they're the Barcelona all stars. How much did QPR spend to finish just one point ahead of us and to lose 6-1 on aggregate in our two games?
We spent £0 in the summer, Bothroyd on a free transfer, Gabbidon on a free transfer and DJ Campbell with the money we had from selling Gorkss to Reading.

Wouldn't go down that route my friend... WE'RE PREMIER LEAGUE!

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Mon May 14, 2012 11:47 am

Did I hear an excuse there. No injuries, balanced side? We haven't had that all season but it is no excuse. Yes, some good results, but so did Wigan and I'm willing to bet they wont be any higher than 14/15th next season either.

You're rightly pleased to stay up. You're rightly excited at another season in the Premiership. I think we all get that. Your club have taken the first step and now they need to improve again next season. Many fail in season 2 as the history books will confirm. Why not go enjoy the staying up and save the gloating once you've had the success.

I'm under no illusions as to what lies ahead for us. I'm actually happy to be off the PL merrygo round. It isn't what is cracked up to be, especially when you accont for the true cost of it, both financially and the loss of what football is really about.

Best of luck next season. I think you'll need it more than you think - and that is 11 years of PL experience talking