Gartside on TalkSport

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

HM Murdock
Hopeful
Hopeful

Gartside on TalkSport

Post by HM Murdock » Tue May 15, 2012 11:05 am

Confirming that OC is going nowhere

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/ ... ime-172087" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
West Stand White

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Re: Gartside on TalkSport

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Tue May 15, 2012 11:08 am

Almost sounds like relegation was all part of the plan.
Well guess what Phil, the fans are pissed off...sorry if that hasn't been picked up on in your world.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Tue May 15, 2012 11:11 am

ohjimmyjimmy wrote:Almost sounds like relegation was all part of the plan.Well guess what Phil, the fans are pissed off...sorry if that hasn't been picked up on in your world.

If he hadn't planned for relegation he really would be an idiot. I suspect they had a plan in case they survived too, and not altogether dissimilair from this.

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Tue May 15, 2012 11:12 am

Planning for it as a back up is one thing..my point being Gartside makes it sounds like this was the plan plan.

HM Murdock
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by HM Murdock » Tue May 15, 2012 11:25 am

ohjimmyjimmy wrote:Planning for it as a back up is one thing..my point being Gartside makes it sounds like this was the plan plan.
Agreed - it almost seems if they wanted to get relegated to sort out the deadwood

Given some of the atoundingly stupid tactical decisions Coyle has made, its certainly not implausible
West Stand White

m_taylor
Promising
Promising

Post by m_taylor » Tue May 15, 2012 12:50 pm

Anyone got a link to re-listen?

Debo
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Debo » Tue May 15, 2012 12:59 pm

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/ ... ime-172087

Sounds like the players to be released will be announced later in the week. Interesting about the debt - saying £15m is an overdraft with Barclays that we use as working capital and the rest is more like 'Equity' provided by Eddie Davies. Also sounds like the plan is to introduce more youth team players into the fold next year

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue May 15, 2012 1:04 pm

He was on R5Live's Chappers talkathon last night, saying much the same thing, when the fatuous gobshites weren't shouting over one another.

Here, about two hours in.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue May 15, 2012 1:23 pm

I take it coyle is therefore required to shoehorn barclays into every interview as it is a requirement of servicing our debt?
Cheap elecy next year then!

ratbert
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ratbert » Tue May 15, 2012 1:50 pm

"These are not excuses, they are reasons. During the season, we've had 15 trauma injuries, including four broken legs. I've been on the board for nearly 30 years and I've never seen a season where we've had such a horrendous injury list."

If he thinks injuries are the only reason why the team's been relegated, Gartside's not fit to be Chairman. The whole club needs a revamp, starting at the £300k+ p/a top. 30 years on the board? Time for fresh blood, methinks.

flamingboy
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by flamingboy » Tue May 15, 2012 4:11 pm

ratbert wrote:"These are not excuses, they are reasons. During the season, we've had 15 trauma injuries, including four broken legs. I've been on the board for nearly 30 years and I've never seen a season where we've had such a horrendous injury list."

If he thinks injuries are the only reason why the team's been relegated, Gartside's not fit to be Chairman. The whole club needs a revamp, starting at the £300k+ p/a top. 30 years on the board? Time for fresh blood, methinks.

There's only one way and that is to vote with your feet.

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Tue May 15, 2012 4:42 pm

He also says Coyle has learnt a lot this season i.e. things haven't gone well...
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue May 15, 2012 4:44 pm

ratbert wrote:"These are not excuses, they are reasons. During the season, we've had 15 trauma injuries, including four broken legs. I've been on the board for nearly 30 years and I've never seen a season where we've had such a horrendous injury list."

Oh.. So a third of what Pratley earns then?

Who's done more for this club... Let me think.... hmmm
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by SmokinFrazier » Tue May 15, 2012 4:51 pm

As disappointed as I am with relegation, I'm glad Coyle is staying on as manager. I don't think you get anywhere in football by being quick to react and even though everyone at the club is gutted to go down, Coyle in his previous seasons did do a good job. If he doesn't do the job this season, fine, get rid of him but given all the injuries and other issues this season, I see no reason to be quick to remove him.

The best example is obviously Fergie at United. In this modern age, he would have got the AVB treatment and been sacked quickly. He wasn't and look how that worked out. Sometimes you have to accept that things aren't working but instead of making drastic changes, work at fixing the problems slowly. Coyle wasn't a great manager when he got us into the top 10 and gave us a great FA Cup run and similarly, he's not inept now. Let's just see how things go this year.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue May 15, 2012 4:53 pm

flamingboy wrote:

There's only one way and that is to vote with your feet.

See ya then.. Ta-ta
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Post by H. Pedersen » Tue May 15, 2012 4:53 pm

I don’t think Gartside’s heart is in it anymore. If it ever was. He may have always been happy finishing 17th and pulling down a £500,000 a year salary.

Allardyce made the rest of us dream of the possibilities for little old Bolton. Our mentality has changed, but I don’t think Gartside’s ever did.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue May 15, 2012 4:55 pm

Athers wrote:He also says Coyle has learnt a lot this season i.e. things haven't gone well...
Aye quite revealing that. He's not going to come out and say 'Coyle is incompetent but we are keeping him anyway'.

He defended his manager but was basically saying we have a plan and he is carrying it out and we need to see it through.

Agree with that or not, and people know my feelings on OC, but at least the club are moving forward with plans, at least there is a plan.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Tue May 15, 2012 4:57 pm

Some of us cottoned on a bit quicker than others like. :wink:
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Post by H. Pedersen » Tue May 15, 2012 4:59 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Agree with that or not, and people know my feelings on OC, but at least the club are moving forward with plans, at least there is a plan.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJXU7EVXs2A" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I meant to do that."

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue May 15, 2012 4:59 pm

I suppose Gartsides salary/bonus will drop to reflect the drop in turnover..I have no issue with paying good chairmen the going rate and I think gartside has done a decent job for bolton. I would however be dissapointed if he and duckworth continued to draw salaries at premier league levels for a championship club.