reo coker

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

mrpiccollo
Promising
Promising

Re: reo coker

Post by mrpiccollo » Tue May 15, 2012 1:21 pm

ill be honest when reocoker was coming to bolton i actually thought he ws going to be a tool of a player but honestly in my oppinion hes done a great job , he allways tried he had decent quality and really seemed to want bolton to survive if all the team had his determination we would have done much better this season.

as for him wanting to leave i say, if he feels he cant stand a year in the championship for bolton then its his call and ill be sad to see him go but in no way will i be putting him down for it.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue May 15, 2012 1:26 pm

Royally shafted by captain tactics who overworked him. Played through injury,.like Fabrice the season before.

Had to do the work of two men and others not as fit as him. He will be missed and I.am grateful for his efforts.

Andy Waller
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Andy Waller » Tue May 15, 2012 1:36 pm

I thought he did really well for us. Played his position well but having to wipe Mark Davies' arse all season would get to anyone. Good luck to him, he's got to earn as much money as he can while he can still play.
What a hero, What a man...... Ooooh, what a bad foul...

ratbert
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ratbert » Tue May 15, 2012 1:43 pm

If he leaves it'll be with no ill will from me. He quite clearly cared about our plight and was frustrated that we weren't getting out of it.

If you read the interview with him in the BN today there's a lot in there that suggests he's happy here, even if in the wrong league.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Tue May 15, 2012 1:48 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:If what is said in the mirror is correct then its no benefit to us as its only invoked if he asks for it to be AND a premier league club approach him.

He wanted it instead of a relegation wage drop clause.
By Mirror I take it you mean Nixon?
In which case it's all a load of old bollocks.
You really think we've agreed to waive our right to not only drop his wages, but also to prevent him leaving if he wants to AND command a fee for him.
Gartside has many faults. Stupidity isn't one of them.
Businesswoman of the year.

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Tue May 15, 2012 1:48 pm

officer_dibble wrote:Royally shafted by captain tactics who overworked him. Played through injury,.like Fabrice the season before.

Had to do the work of two men and others not as fit as him. He will be missed and I.am grateful for his efforts.
Fvcking A

Would love to see him stay

he's exactly the type off player we need to hold onto
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue May 15, 2012 2:02 pm

BN is now running the "will probably leave" angle, but apparently with no fresh insight. I suspect regurgitation of the Mail's conclusion-jumping.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue May 15, 2012 2:05 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:If what is said in the mirror is correct then its no benefit to us as its only invoked if he asks for it to be AND a premier league club approach him.

He wanted it instead of a relegation wage drop clause.
By Mirror I take it you mean Nixon?
In which case it's all a load of old bollocks.
You really think we've agreed to waive our right to not only drop his wages, but also to prevent him leaving if he wants to AND command a fee for him.
Gartside has many faults. Stupidity isn't one of them.
BN report "Reo Coker has an option to leave if Bolton were relegated".

As do the Daily Mail.

Nowhere does it say "Bolton can get rid of him if they want".

I'd suggest the overwhelming evidence is that he wanted the clause in there to protect himself. Perhaps he had a wage drop in there too, and this is a way of protecting that?

Either way, clause works for him not us, as its purely his call whether to activate it or not.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Tue May 15, 2012 2:10 pm

Fairy nuff, we'll never know one way or the other anyway.
But I'm not having it. :)
Businesswoman of the year.

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Tue May 15, 2012 2:11 pm

can he exercise this clause at any stage of the season or is it just in the nxt transfer window

Probably a stupid question but i am a div
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Tue May 15, 2012 2:13 pm

Bit disappointed that he was Mr. PR for Bolton if he's looking to be off. I can't blame him if he wants to go or if he's already gone but it'd be a bit of a shame if he was coming out with all those 'we've gotta get behind the team' talks if he was already set on buggering off elsewhere. Ricketts' would've been much better as a PR person but then again his situation is bound to be similar to NRC's.

Either way he did himself justice and did us justice.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue May 15, 2012 2:15 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:Fairy nuff, we'll never know one way or the other anyway.
But I'm not having it. :)
Actually it did work for us, cos it enabled us to sign him on a free in the first place.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Tue May 15, 2012 2:53 pm

Would be good if he stayed, but I'm not losing any sleep because it seems its out of our hands. If he gets a premier offer, he'll probably leave.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Tue May 15, 2012 3:03 pm

plymouth wanderer wrote:can he exercise this clause at any stage of the season or is it just in the nxt transfer window

He left Villa on a Bosman last summer. He went before he had an offer, but a number of clubs came in. We managed to sign him against a good amount of competition. He signed a 2 years contract with, it seems, a relgation exit option.

As it was only a 2 year contract he could have been looking in the New Year anyway.

He will have a contract which says he can leave if he wants, now ... but I guess he can stay if he wants also.

So, the ball's in his court, he's done his bit & time will show if he goes. I have NO idea of his home circumstance or geographical preferences, but ... for a free ... I'd have thought all the recently promoted clubs (well, maybe he burnt bridges at Wet Spam & their fans aren't known for their forgiveness but the likes of Norwich, Everton, Sunderland, Fulham, Swansea etc. etc. would be interested).

I'd love him to stay & fight to return next season, but if he doesn't then 'cheerio & thanks'.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

LeDonk
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by LeDonk » Tue May 15, 2012 3:12 pm

Can see him replacing Barton at QPR, Sure he'd prefer a move back down South.

Shame, can see him being the kinda lad you want in the dressing room as-well as on the pitch.
"I canny destroy you today lads, I'm on some very serious business"

Coyling - Maintains volume to those who still won't listen.

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Tue May 15, 2012 3:23 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
plymouth wanderer wrote:can he exercise this clause at any stage of the season or is it just in the nxt transfer window

He left Villa on a Bosman last summer. He went before he had an offer, but a number of clubs came in. We managed to sign him against a good amount of competition. He signed a 2 years contract with, it seems, a relgation exit option.

As it was only a 2 year contract he could have been looking in the New Year anyway.

He will have a contract which says he can leave if he wants, now ... but I guess he can stay if he wants also.

So, the ball's in his court, he's done his bit & time will show if he goes. I have NO idea of his home circumstance or geographical preferences, but ... for a free ... I'd have thought all the recently promoted clubs (well, maybe he burnt bridges at Wet Spam & their fans aren't known for their forgiveness but the likes of Norwich, Everton, Sunderland, Fulham, Swansea etc. etc. would be interested).

I'd love him to stay & fight to return next season, but if he doesn't then 'cheerio & thanks'.
Pretty much sums it up. He did as much as any to keep us in the Premier League.

We got him for nothing (signing on fee perhaps) and if he finally decides to leave for nothing then so be it. He has done nothing to warrant any bad feeling from me.
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue May 15, 2012 3:32 pm

LeDonk wrote:Can see him replacing Barton at QPR, Sure he'd prefer a move back down South.

yay!!! swapsies!!!

LeDonk
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by LeDonk » Tue May 15, 2012 3:39 pm

thebish wrote:
LeDonk wrote:Can see him replacing Barton at QPR, Sure he'd prefer a move back down South.

yay!!! swapsies!!!
Rather yank the hairs out of my scrotum.

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Tue May 15, 2012 3:40 pm

So how did you do swapsies as a kid, pre-puberty?

LeDonk
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by LeDonk » Tue May 15, 2012 3:53 pm

ohjimmyjimmy wrote:So how did you do swapsies as a kid, pre-puberty?
Never had the chance to swap a 5 foot 9 Black professional footballer with.. well, a massive c***.