reo coker

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

ajryder93
Hopeful
Hopeful

reo coker

Post by ajryder93 » Tue May 15, 2012 11:14 am

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... ds-newsxml" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wa ... er_future/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by ajryder93 on Tue May 15, 2012 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Re: reo coker

Post by TKIZ! » Tue May 15, 2012 11:15 am

Already been posted, cocker.
Pfffft.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue May 15, 2012 11:42 am

did you sign up to a forum in order specifically to call a player who has given his all for the club a C*NT - on the strength of a story in the Daily Mail?????

ajryder93
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by ajryder93 » Tue May 15, 2012 11:44 am

just read the story on BEN says he's just unsure

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue May 15, 2012 11:45 am

ajryder93 wrote:just read the story on BEN says he's just unsure
so - he's an unsure C*NT??

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Tue May 15, 2012 11:47 am

thebish wrote:did you sign up to a forum in order specifically to call a player who has given his all for the club a C*NT - on the strength of a story in the Daily Mail?????
Who, doubtless. was cheered on like a hero through a season when he, more than anyone, has seemed to relise that it mattered.

Plus a player who, see the BEN report, is as down as we lot are & is still considering where next & just possibly may stay a season ? Really ?

Just the sort of helpful, positive support we need.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue May 15, 2012 11:49 am

Reo Coker is Reo Coker. If you'd followed his history at other clubs him saying the right things then wanting to leave are par for the course. Clearly he is fishing to see if there is prem interest. If not then he can't leave and will be back with his tail between his legs telling us all that he's staying cos "he loves it here".

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Tue May 15, 2012 11:51 am

He knows that once he stops playing Premier League football and starts playing Championship, decent chance he won't make it back...
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue May 15, 2012 12:34 pm

IF he goes, then good luck to him. I'd be a bit miffed if I ran around like a d*ckhead every week for feck all..
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Tue May 15, 2012 12:37 pm

All this talk of calling him a cnt is premature and out of order.
I imagine that if he does have this release clause in his contract it'll be BWFC who'll be invoking it right now rather than him. He's not going to demand we release him without another club to go to now is he?
Businesswoman of the year.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Tue May 15, 2012 12:41 pm

ajryder93 wrote:just read the story on BEN says he's just unsure
So maybe you were premature ? ... & that attitude would really help him if he was wondering "stay ... go ... mmmm I wonder".

... & if he does go, as I think he's likely to as some club will come in for him, why does that make him a c*nt anyway ???
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue May 15, 2012 12:41 pm

Nothing like blind specualtion to start the rumour waggon rolling.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue May 15, 2012 12:42 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Reo Coker is Reo Coker.
Oh, well I'm glad that's that sorted out then. Are you sure that he isn't really the Dagenham Girl Pipers? Well? :?
May the bridges I burn light your way

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue May 15, 2012 12:42 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:All this talk of calling him a cnt is premature and out of order.
I imagine that if he does have this release clause in his contract it'll be BWFC who'll be invoking it right now rather than him. He's not going to demand he leaves without another club to go to now is he?
The clause Reo Coker WANTED in his contract is that if we went down and a premier league club came in for him, that he be automatically released on a free.

Apparently he's said that if a club wants to sign him, then he wants to use said clause.

We wanted to keep him.

NRC is just a typical footballer. He doesn't really give two shits about Bolton, and why should he? He tried hard here, but so he should for the money he's paid.

I got a bit tired of all his interviews through the season as you only had to look at his history to know as soon as we went down he'd want to be offski.

Ah well, to be honest, we've not got that many players who are so good its a disaster if they go. In fact we've probably not got any in that category barring Holden...(and thats if he's as good as before).

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Tue May 15, 2012 12:50 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:The clause Reo Coker WANTED in his contract is that if we went down and a premier league club came in for him, that he be automatically released on a free.

Apparently he's said that if a club wants to sign him, then he wants to use said clause.

We wanted to keep him.
We're in the realms of pure speculation here cos no one knows what his contract contains like.
But if he wanted the clause in he asked for it a year ago before he'd even kicked a ball for us and so it's not fair to judge him on it now he played for us for 12 months.

And if this clause is there it will cut both ways. He can invoke it or we can invoke it. Think about it, why else would we agree to it? It's there for our financial benefit after all.
Businesswoman of the year.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue May 15, 2012 1:03 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:The clause Reo Coker WANTED in his contract is that if we went down and a premier league club came in for him, that he be automatically released on a free.

We wanted to keep him.
We're in the realms of pure speculation here cos no one knows what his contract contains like.
But if he wanted the clause in he asked for it a year ago before he'd even kicked a ball for us and so it's not fair to judge him on it now he played for us for 12 months.

And if this clause is there it will cut both ways. He can invoke it or we can invoke it. Think about it, why else would we agree to it? It's there for our financial benefit after all.
If what is said in the mirror is correct then its no benefit to us as its only invoked if he asks for it to be AND a premier league club approach him.

He wanted it instead of a relegation wage drop clause.

lovethesmellofnapalm
Reliable
Reliable

Post by lovethesmellofnapalm » Tue May 15, 2012 1:06 pm

be a very decent championship player will NRC- cant see many coming in for him from the Prem
Villa fringe to relegation haunted BWFC not great on his CV.
captain of a Championship winning BWFC might improve it a bit
"A child of five would understand this- send someone to fetch a child of five"

the-Bowtun-Warrior
Reliable
Reliable

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior » Tue May 15, 2012 1:08 pm

Am i missing the point or couldn't he have sat on it a few weeks (whilst on Holiday) and let the club try to take offers for him, then if nothing came in he could activate such a clause...

surely, let the club TRY to get something for him?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue May 15, 2012 1:09 pm

Why should the club do it?

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Tue May 15, 2012 1:16 pm

For the first and last time, I'm going to quote the Bible:"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone". All those who want to take a pay cut for doing the same job and all those who have loyalty to their work that goes beyond their family responsibilities stand up................................................anyone?? No, didn't think so.

Why would anyone expect a footballer to show any degree of loyalty? For NRC its just work. He wants to be paid as much as possible for that work while he can. He's done a great job for us, if we keep him, that's great, if not, big deal, we move on. I don't understand the angst and anger :conf:
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.