Are we an "unprofessional" professional football club?

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Post Reply
ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon
Posts: 4108
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:13 am
Location: The House of Fun (it's quicker if you run)

Re: Are we an "unprofessional" professional football club?

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Mon May 28, 2012 2:21 pm

Mar wrote:He might not be arsed but the rest of his family might be and he might have set them up for taking over if he leaves. Hopefully our beloved benefactor won't put the club under by asking for it all back but unless you've actually sat in the board room and read the figures its just conjecture.
Maybe if his family are already all set up for life, then if they want to stay in daddy/uncle's will then they'll support him while he's alive no matter what they might want after he's snuffed it.

hi there, i'm craig
Hopeful
Hopeful
Posts: 111
Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 2:24 am

Re: Are we an "unprofessional" professional football club?

Post by hi there, i'm craig » Tue May 29, 2012 1:07 pm

I must admit I never really paid to much attention to this thread but....

The Chung yong lee situation has really got me annoyed.

I am not one for critising the club but as a loyal Bolton fan I worry about the club perhaps more then I humanly should and I know I'm not alone, so all this talk the past couple of days about Lee being out of contract at the next season and a Turkish club interested in him were the manager has a very good relationship with the player, has really got me rattled.

Now it appears Lee signed a new contract around the time he suffered that horrific injury and that's the excuse the club has given as to why they failed to announce it!

Why would they not announce it, surly they know that alough it was a career threatening injury the fans would assume a player of Lee's fitness and age that he would make a full recovery therefore we would welcome the news that one of our best young players is tied down to the club after the bad news of the injury.

Like I said I am not one for calling the club because I find it hard to find faults with something I care for so much but I'm afraid the club owe the fans a serious explanation over this situation.

a1
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 3427
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2004 2:11 pm

Re: Are we an "unprofessional" professional football club?

Post by a1 » Tue May 29, 2012 2:00 pm

hi there, i'm craig wrote:I must admit I never really paid to much attention to this thread but....

The Chung yong lee situation has really got me annoyed.

I am not one for critising the club but as a loyal Bolton fan I worry about the club perhaps more then I humanly should and I know I'm not alone, so all this talk the past couple of days about Lee being out of contract at the next season and a Turkish club interested in him were the manager has a very good relationship with the player, has really got me rattled.

Now it appears Lee signed a new contract around the time he suffered that horrific injury and that's the excuse the club has given as to why they failed to announce it!

Why would they not announce it, surly they know that alough it was a career threatening injury the fans would assume a player of Lee's fitness and age that he would make a full recovery therefore we would welcome the news that one of our best young players is tied down to the club after the bad news of the injury.

Like I said I am not one for calling the club because I find it hard to find faults with something I care for so much but I'm afraid the club owe the fans a serious explanation over this situation.
why ?

if its true, it'll be one of the only about one times where we 'win' in the transfer scaremongering stakes.

better than having "peter reid's going to everton after they fecked him up" nightmares.

hi there, i'm craig
Hopeful
Hopeful
Posts: 111
Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 2:24 am

Re: Are we an "unprofessional" professional football club?

Post by hi there, i'm craig » Tue May 29, 2012 2:14 pm

a1 wrote:
hi there, i'm craig wrote:I must admit I never really paid to much attention to this thread but....

The Chung yong lee situation has really got me annoyed.

I am not one for critising the club but as a loyal Bolton fan I worry about the club perhaps more then I humanly should and I know I'm not alone, so all this talk the past couple of days about Lee being out of contract at the next season and a Turkish club interested in him were the manager has a very good relationship with the player, has really got me rattled.

Now it appears Lee signed a new contract around the time he suffered that horrific injury and that's the excuse the club has given as to why they failed to announce it!

Why would they not announce it, surly they know that alough it was a career threatening injury the fans would assume a player of Lee's fitness and age that he would make a full recovery therefore we would welcome the news that one of our best young players is tied down to the club after the bad news of the injury.

Like I said I am not one for calling the club because I find it hard to find faults with something I care for so much but I'm afraid the club owe the fans a serious explanation over this situation.
why ?

if its true, it'll be one of the only about one times where we 'win' in the transfer scaremongering stakes.

better than having "peter reid's going to everton after they fecked him up" nightmares.
Ye alough it is good news, why are we only just hearing about it now, clubs announce new contracts, the same way they announce new signings.

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon
Posts: 5790
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2004 11:35 am

Re: Are we an "unprofessional" professional football club?

Post by CAPSLOCK » Tue May 29, 2012 2:17 pm

hi there, i'm craig wrote:alough it was a career threatening injury the fans would assume a player of Lee's fitness and age that he would make a full recovery
Well, the fans would obviously be wrong to assume anything

And, as of yet, we aint got a clue what this contract says

It may say that subject to relegation he can leave for the price of a dog pie supper
Sto ut Serviam

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 36110
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Re: Are we an "unprofessional" professional football club?

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue May 29, 2012 2:22 pm

It's all going tits up. Before long we'll be back at Spotland, I tell you. Domed, we are. fecking domed!!!!!!!! :(
May the bridges I burn light your way

a1
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 3427
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2004 2:11 pm

Re: Are we an "unprofessional" professional football club?

Post by a1 » Tue May 29, 2012 2:23 pm

hi there, i'm craig wrote:
Ye alough it is good news, why are we only just hearing about it now, clubs announce new contracts, the same way they announce new signings.
dunno , insurance fraud ?

if theyve offered him it after he were injured, they might not have been able to get insurance on it/him .

so its only kicked in now he's fit (!?)

hi there, i'm craig
Hopeful
Hopeful
Posts: 111
Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 2:24 am

Re: Are we an "unprofessional" professional football club?

Post by hi there, i'm craig » Tue May 29, 2012 2:31 pm

a1 wrote:
hi there, i'm craig wrote:
Ye alough it is good news, why are we only just hearing about it now, clubs announce new contracts, the same way they announce new signings.
dunno , insurance fraud ?

if theyve offered him it after he were injured, they might not have been able to get insurance on it/him .

so its only kicked in now he's fit (!?)

Ye maybe, there something fishy about it.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend
Posts: 6045
Joined: Mon May 28, 2012 2:32 pm
Location: South

Re: Are we an "unprofessional" professional football club?

Post by bwfcdan94 » Tue May 29, 2012 4:24 pm

there is definatly room for improvemant although i think we handled the muamba case well but coyles remarks on sordell recently are obviously not truthfull in terms of reasoning
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 8 guests