Worst signing by Allardyce, Lee, Megson or Coyle?

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Re: Worst signing by Allardyce, Lee, Megson or Coyle?

Post by bwfcdan94 » Tue May 29, 2012 6:31 pm

so what went wrong with him them did we ruin him
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Post by H. Pedersen » Tue May 29, 2012 6:58 pm

Prufrock wrote:Cid. By a mile. There have been worse players, but they were ones who were cheap and cheerful bodies in squads. We supposedly beat off Juventus to sign this fella, he was meant to be brilliant, and he was absolute garbage. I can still see Andy Johnson scampering away from him down our left after the most telegraphed lunge ever. Oh dear.
I think it might have been Dzemaili, the other guy we signed on a pre-contract at the same time as Cid, who was being pursued by The Old Lady.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue May 29, 2012 7:14 pm

I think they both were. Two 'massive' clubs each. One Juve one another. I think. If not Juve Cid was definitely linked with big European clubs. And he was soooo shit.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue May 29, 2012 9:22 pm

Cid was gash. And now retired. Dzemaili is playing at a decent level still.

Cid by a mile!

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue May 29, 2012 9:53 pm

Aye, can get over Dzemaili coz at least he turned out to be good. I think Champions League last year counts as a little better than 'decent' though!

Cid were shit. And I thought he was the next Maldini.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Tue May 29, 2012 10:11 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:blake was not great but was never fit, i thought makula was our best striker ever, danny shittu was just overweight, armstrong was good, jardel wasent given a chance, bulent looked quite good, mears hasent played yet but i dont think he will be that good, elmander wopuld need to score 30 goals a season to live up to his price tag, cid and pratley good. dont remeber augestin fortune or perez. baa and samual better than stelios and sam ricketts
What on Earth are you smoking, kid?

Makakula was an unfit, lazy lump, he couldn't run, he couldn't jump, he couldn't control the thing if it was placed in front of his foot by hand.

Jardel wasn't given a chance because he was similarly unfit.

Bulent played in less games than I can count on two hands, and I'm not sure any of those were in the Prem. How did he "look good" exactly? Or have you been basing your opinions on FIFA?

Ibrahim Ba and J'Lloyd Samuel better than Stylianos Giannakopolous and Samuel Ricketts? Give over, kid. Samuel did a job, but Ba was shite. And Stelios and Ricketts would run rings round the pair of them. Stelios is probably one of the most complete wingers ever to have played for us.

Finally - Cid. Good? Back away from the silly juice. The reason he retired at 28 is cos he was hopeless at kicking a ball around a pitch. He was, and always will be, the most woeful excuse for a footballer ever witnessed on the Reebok pitch.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Tue May 29, 2012 10:17 pm

i dont play fifa you can see the stats on makula
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Tue May 29, 2012 10:33 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:i dont play fifa you can see the stats on makula
That'd be MaKAkula.

And his stats are that he was shite in a Bolton shirt, but scored shitloads in less demanding, less competitive leagues. I know which part of that I care about. Overriding memory was of his shot against Blackburn, that infamous away day under Megson. It was going so far wide it was probably gonna go out for a corner at our end, until Matt Taylor poked it back in the direction it should have been going.

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Post by H. Pedersen » Tue May 29, 2012 10:37 pm

Stamina: Negative 50.

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Tue May 29, 2012 10:41 pm

H. Pedersen wrote:
Stamina: Negative 50.
Is the right answer.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Wed May 30, 2012 2:16 am

truewhite15 wrote:
bwfcdan94 wrote:blake was not great but was never fit, i thought makula was our best striker ever, danny shittu was just overweight, armstrong was good, jardel wasent given a chance, bulent looked quite good, mears hasent played yet but i dont think he will be that good, elmander wopuld need to score 30 goals a season to live up to his price tag, cid and pratley good. dont remeber augestin fortune or perez. baa and samual better than stelios and sam ricketts
What on Earth are you smoking, kid?

Makakula was an unfit, lazy lump, he couldn't run, he couldn't jump, he couldn't control the thing if it was placed in front of his foot by hand.

Jardel wasn't given a chance because he was similarly unfit.

Bulent played in less games than I can count on two hands, and I'm not sure any of those were in the Prem. How did he "look good" exactly? Or have you been basing your opinions on FIFA?

Ibrahim Ba and J'Lloyd Samuel better than Stylianos Giannakopolous and Samuel Ricketts? Give over, kid. Samuel did a job, but Ba was shite. And Stelios and Ricketts would run rings round the pair of them. Stelios is probably one of the most complete wingers ever to have played for us.

Finally - Cid. Good? Back away from the silly juice. The reason he retired at 28 is cos he was hopeless at kicking a ball around a pitch. He was, and always will be, the most woeful excuse for a footballer ever witnessed on the Reebok pitch.

Saved me writing an essay 8) took the words right out of my mouth.

Gail Platz
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Gail Platz » Wed May 30, 2012 11:03 pm

I sense a "WUM"...

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Wed May 30, 2012 11:13 pm

Gail Platz wrote:I sense a "WUM"...
I agree.

A former poster who has been banned.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Thu May 31, 2012 8:50 am

jaffka wrote:
I agree.

i had not even found this website untill two weeks ago so i think that is unlikely

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu May 31, 2012 8:53 am

bwfcdan94 wrote:
jaffka wrote:
I agree.

i had not even found this website untill two weeks ago so i think that is unlikely
hang on.... I thought it took three weeks to persuade your dad to let you join it???

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Thu May 31, 2012 8:54 am

you get what i mean it was 2 weeks and 3 days if you want to be precise

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu May 31, 2012 8:56 am

bwfcdan94 wrote:you get what i mean it was 2 weeks and 3 days if you want to be precise
precision is a gift! 8)

and FWIW...

we have had a couple of perpetual returnees to the forum who get banned and then reappear under a new name...

some new members (especially ones so quickly prolific as you) do sometimes get viewed with suspicion...

personally - I think you sound much too much like who you say you are for it to be an act! :wink:

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Thu May 31, 2012 8:59 am

if i was precise about everything i said i would bore every single person on this planet. even my family. but i see your point