Pre-season friendlies

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Il Pirate
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: Pre-season friendlies

Post by Il Pirate » Mon May 28, 2012 8:15 pm

n035209 wrote:I for one will be going to the shit hole that is fratton park and fratton the place, if anyone fancies a beer or two prior, let me know, nearer the time, travelling from southampton.

I'm certainly up for sailing over on the galleon.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Mon May 28, 2012 9:26 pm

Tombwfc wrote:
Newport County's statement at the time wrote:"Tom, as most supporters would have seen, was visibly distraught after the challenge and actually asked Anthony if he could be removed from the field as soon as was possible.
The Bolton News wrote:NEWPORT midfielder Tom Miller has made a personal apology to Owen Coyle for the X-rated tackle that ended Chung-Yong Lee's season.

The former Norwich City youngster visited a light training session on Monday morning to talk with the Wanderers boss and members of his backroom staff.

It is thought he has also passed on a message of apology to Chung-Yong, who was due to leave the Royal Gwent Hospital yesterday and head back home to Bolton.

Let's not go all Arsene Wenger about it. Bad challenges happen.
If that's the case then I owe him an apology & withdraw the wish he becomes an alcoholic.

Looks like I'll just have to keep on hating Johnny Aston then !! :twisted:
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Mon May 28, 2012 10:56 pm

Might go to halifax

tick off the shay

coffeymagic
Reliable
Reliable

Post by coffeymagic » Tue May 29, 2012 8:57 am

See all this 'ticking off' of new grounds?

Before football went all fancy-dan I'd done about 80 grounds, now because of something called 'progress' and 'safety' half the grounds I'd done have been bulldozed and turned into Asdases.

The other half have dropped out of the league and been replaced by what we used to know as 'non-league minnows'.

I shudder to think how many current grounds I've actually visited.

Progress is oblitering my past.

This is EXACTLY how Nazi Germany got started.
I'm not asking you to 'think outside the box' I just wish you'd have a rummage around in it once in a while.

http://www.coffeymagic.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
twitter @thetonycoffey

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Tue May 29, 2012 9:06 am

coffeymagic wrote:See all this 'ticking off' of new grounds?

Before football went all fancy-dan I'd done about 80 grounds, now because of something called 'progress' and 'safety' half the grounds I'd done have been bulldozed and turned into Asdases.

The other half have dropped out of the league and been replaced by what we used to know as 'non-league minnows'.

I shudder to think how many current grounds I've actually visited.

Progress is oblitering my past.

I thought it started with the rejection of the Treaty of Versailles?

coffeymagic
Reliable
Reliable

Post by coffeymagic » Tue May 29, 2012 9:13 am

Gary the Enfield wrote:
coffeymagic wrote:See all this 'ticking off' of new grounds...

It's a little known fact that Adolf Hitler was a big football fan (or 'fussballspeigelarbeit' as they call it). At the time the Austro-Hungarian Empire had 76 'Fussballplatz' and Hitler was set to complete the whole lot in 1937.

However territorial feuds between Germany and France meant that the two final grounds were snatched away from him when one club became part of the French Football Association and one joined the Belgian League.

The rest is history.

As I say. EXACTLY how Nazi Germany got started.
I'm not asking you to 'think outside the box' I just wish you'd have a rummage around in it once in a while.

http://www.coffeymagic.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
twitter @thetonycoffey

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Tue May 29, 2012 9:41 am

coffeymagic wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:
coffeymagic wrote:See all this 'ticking off' of new grounds...

It's a little known fact that Adolf Hitler was a big football fan (or 'fussballspeigelarbeit' as they call it). At the time the Austro-Hungarian Empire had 76 'Fussballplatz' and Hitler was set to complete the whole lot in 1937.

However territorial feuds between Germany and France meant that the two final grounds were snatched away from him when one club became part of the French Football Association and one joined the Belgian League.

The rest is history.

As I say. EXACTLY how Nazi Germany got started.

Couldn't he have, like a panini album, just done swapsies with deGaul? Would have saved a whole load of shit!

coffeymagic
Reliable
Reliable

Post by coffeymagic » Tue May 29, 2012 9:57 am

[quote="Gary the EnfieldCouldn't he have, like a panini album, just done swapsies with deGaul? Would have saved a whole load of shit![/quote]

You see that film of Hitler ranting and raving in Munich? He's partially annoyed about what he considers to be the riches of banks and stock exchanges which he claims are controlled by the Jews.

However the bit where he starts banging his fists and shouting is about how fecked off he is that he won't be able to complete all his football grounds.

The crowd chant back. 'You're right Hitler, it's a disgrace. You'd think in this day and age the technology would exist to tell whether a football ground is over the border or not. Let's call Helmut Grun on Sechs-Zero-Sechs and see what he thinks.'

But Hitler replies

'Nein, Ich bin sick of listening to him and that prick Boris Savage. I'm invading! Who's with me...?'

Like I say. EXACTLY how Nazi Germany got started.

twitter @thetonycoffey

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Tue May 29, 2012 10:11 am

coffeymagic wrote:[quote="Gary the EnfieldCouldn't he have, like a panini album, just done swapsies with deGaul? Would have saved a whole load of shit!
You see that film of Hitler ranting and raving in Munich? He's partially annoyed about what he considers to be the riches of banks and stock exchanges which he claims are controlled by the Jews.

However the bit where he starts banging his fists and shouting is about how fecked off he is that he won't be able to complete all his football grounds.

The crowd chant back. 'You're right Hitler, it's a disgrace. You'd think in this day and age the technology would exist to tell whether a football ground is over the border or not. Let's call Helmut Grun on Sechs-Zero-Sechs and see what he thinks.'

But Hitler replies

'Nein, Ich bin sick of listening to him and that prick Boris Savage. I'm invading! Who's with me...?'

Like I say. EXACTLY how Nazi Germany got started.[/quote]

Crikey! That was almost like BEING there. :shock:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue May 29, 2012 10:26 am

coffeymagic wrote:At the time the Austro-Hungarian Empire had 76 'Fussballplatz' and Hitler was set to complete the whole lot in 1937.
Aren't you confusing world wars there? Franz Ferdinand and whatnot? :conf:
May the bridges I burn light your way

Andy Waller
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Andy Waller » Tue May 29, 2012 11:15 am

Gary the Enfield wrote:
coffeymagic wrote:[quote="Gary the EnfieldCouldn't he have, like a panini album, just done swapsies with deGaul? Would have saved a whole load of shit!

But Hitler replies

Like I say. EXACTLY how Nazi Germany got started.

Crikey! That was almost like BEING there. :shock:[/quote]

When SKD scored the equalizer?
What a hero, What a man...... Ooooh, what a bad foul...

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue May 29, 2012 1:48 pm

Was going to go to Fratton with my Pompey mate, but he's boycotting it if/when Balram Chainrai gets hold of the club again.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Tue May 29, 2012 4:43 pm

accrington will be only one i go to. will it be first team or reserves
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.