Gartside interview on Official Site

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Gartside interview on Official Site

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon May 28, 2012 11:00 am

In case anyone is interested....

http://www.bwfc.co.uk/page/General/0,,1 ... 26,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Key points for me....

Over 6000 season tickets sold already. Sounds decent to me.

Mentions we don't need to sell and will only do so if its "right for the club".

Further in the article mentions having LCY and Holden back in the squad and looking to "add one or two into the mix".

Mar
Icon
Icon

Re: Gartside interview on Official Site

Post by Mar » Mon May 28, 2012 11:58 am

Of course they're gonna be coming out with we don't need to sell. Any talk of that will just put off potential punters. We'll see what happens before the fixtures are announced.

hi there, i'm craig
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by hi there, i'm craig » Mon May 28, 2012 12:01 pm

I think the stability of the club is very important at a time were outsiders we're questioning it.

He is right in saying the squad we have left over after the players that were realised is the squad we were planning on having had we stayed up, bar reo coker, if we keep the obvious better players at the club, which unless someone is going pay £8 million + for mark Davies which they won't then I think we're gonna look a very strong championship club were nothing less the play-offs is acceptable.

The media and other football fans just looked at the obvious, 11 players released, 3 players going back to parent clubs and over a £100 million in debt, but this is far from the true extent. The future is looking bright even if it starts in the championship. But....

Promotion is a must.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon May 28, 2012 12:01 pm

Mar wrote:Of course they're gonna be coming out with we don't need to sell. Any talk of that will just put off potential punters. We'll see what happens before the fixtures are announced.
He's said it about three times. This comes up every window with the same set of cynical responses from fans.

Frustrates me because I think the club genuinely try and be honest then get it thrown back in their face!

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Mon May 28, 2012 12:06 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mar wrote:Of course they're gonna be coming out with we don't need to sell. Any talk of that will just put off potential punters. We'll see what happens before the fixtures are announced.
He's said it about three times. This comes up every window with the same set of cynical responses from fans.

Frustrates me because I think the club genuinely try and be honest then get it thrown back in their face!

He says it every year and then we have the outgoings and incomings right at the end of the transfer window.

It's not meant to be cynical just a fair appraisal. To be honest I don't think we need to sell but that's not to take away from the fact that we might take this opportunity to sell when a few of our saleable assets might be at a higher price than if they were to be playing badly.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon May 28, 2012 12:11 pm

Mar wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

He says it every year and then we have the outgoings and incomings right at the end of the transfer window.

It's not meant to be cynical just a fair appraisal. To be honest I don't think we need to sell but that's not to take away from the fact that we might take this opportunity to sell when a few of our saleable assets might be at a higher price than if they were to be playing badly.
When was the last time we sold a player, that the club hadn't already essentially said was going to be sold? They'd been saying for ages that if the right offer came along for Cahill he could go. And in this interview, its clear that if big offers come in and the club would be better off selling than keeping, we will. But thats always the case and so it should be. Big money for any player, we could use to make us a better team.......

David Lee's Hair
Passionate
Passionate

Post by David Lee's Hair » Mon May 28, 2012 12:16 pm

Nolan... but was good value in that.
Professionalism, the last refuge of the talentless

FaninOz
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FaninOz » Mon May 28, 2012 12:22 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:When was the last time we sold a player, that the club hadn't already essentially said was going to be sold? They'd been saying for ages that if the right offer came along for Cahill he could go. And in this interview, its clear that if big offers come in and the club would be better off selling than keeping, we will. But thats always the case and so it should be. Big money for any player, we could use to make us a better team.......
Fully agree, every player has his price in every Club world wide. If someone offered 100m for Rooney then United would snatch their hand off, similarly for Messi at Barcelona.

So if someone offers 10m for any of our players they will be gone the day after, that's business. Who would turn down 10mil for Davies ???

(Kevin that is :D )
Depression is just a state of mind, supporting Bolton is also a state of mind hence supporting Bolton must be depressing QED

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon May 28, 2012 12:23 pm

David Lee's Hair wrote:Nolan... but was good value in that.
Good call, Nolan was a surprise one all right. But he's about the only one over the years that the club weren't already talking about.

Anelka, the line of "a good offer from a champions league side and he's gone".

Cahill, similar, although the annoying "elite club" phrase was used.

I think Nolan falls into the "accepting a big offer" grouping, cos as you say it was good value at the time (though not replacing him criminal).

David Lee's Hair
Passionate
Passionate

Post by David Lee's Hair » Mon May 28, 2012 12:39 pm

Take that back..... we had a ready made repl,acement in the Badger!!
Professionalism, the last refuge of the talentless

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Mon May 28, 2012 12:41 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
I think Nolan falls into the "accepting a big offer" grouping, cos as you say it was good value at the time (though not replacing him criminal).
Aye - Fat Frank on fifty quid a week would have done it.
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.

hi there, i'm craig
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by hi there, i'm craig » Mon May 28, 2012 4:51 pm

Just heard Chung yong lee has signed a new contract till 2015.

If true that's belting new!

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Mon May 28, 2012 5:00 pm

hi there, i'm craig wrote:Just heard Chung yong lee has signed a new contract till 2015.

Where did you hear it?

hi there, i'm craig
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by hi there, i'm craig » Mon May 28, 2012 5:47 pm

Mark illes who writes for the Bolton news

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon May 28, 2012 5:50 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:
hi there, i'm craig wrote:Just heard Chung yong lee has signed a new contract till 2015.

Where did you hear it?
Nixon said it earlier that LCY had signed a new deal last season but it was never announced. Iles then presumably was asked about it, checked and said it appears LCY is under contract till 2015, which is good news, but mysteriously was never announced by the club.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon May 28, 2012 5:57 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:

Where did you hear it?
Nixon said it earlier that LCY had signed a new deal last season but it was never announced. Iles then presumably was asked about it, checked and said it appears LCY is under contract till 2015, which is good news, but mysteriously was never announced by the club.
Rather odd then that the BN is talking about Lee's agents being active and a bit evasive?
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon May 28, 2012 5:59 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:

Where did you hear it?
Rather odd then that the BN is talking about Lee's agents being active and a bit evasive?
That article was filler I suspect, and it's obvious that until today nobody had bothered to check Lee's contract status. However something is not quite right about all this, one way or another!

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon May 28, 2012 6:48 pm

Maybe Gartside accidentally gave him a contract until 20013
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Mon May 28, 2012 6:54 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:

This
Pfffft.

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Post by H. Pedersen » Mon May 28, 2012 9:46 pm

It would shock me if Lee signed a new contract. He'd have to be the most altruistic guy in the world or have the worst agent in the world.