Best Games you have seen live?

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Re: Best Games you have seen live?

Post by Gary the Enfield » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:52 am

Lord Kangana wrote:If its the whole experience, then Lisbon for me. Shit game though.

Surely if it's the whole experience then it's Madrid where you met yours truly?

:wink:

Ianmooreslovechild
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Ianmooreslovechild » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:00 am

Has to be the united double in 78/79 for me. All the better for the many 11/12 yr olds at school being reds even though the school was in Farnworth. 8 1 v walsall when Caldwell got 5 was great.Unfortunately the period I was getting to games regularly was the decline from 1st to 4th division.After which they've done great mostly!

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:33 am

Bolton 5 Aston Villa 2.

The team was great, the performance was great and the goals were great, add in the fluke goal by Angel and the double offside goal and there was just so much to talk about. I don't think i'll ever see a better game. Bicycle kick goal, two free kick goals by Okocha, one of which was simply amazing, a Nolan goal from outside the box and a bullet header from N'Gotty. So much quality in that side. I'll probably never see a better Bolton side in terms of quality.

Good times.

Trotski
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Trotski » Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:04 pm

Mar wrote:Bolton 5 Aston Villa 2.

The team was great, the performance was great and the goals were great, add in the fluke goal by Angel and the double offside goal and there was just so much to talk about. I don't think i'll ever see a better game. Bicycle kick goal, two free kick goals by Okocha, one of which was simply amazing, a Nolan goal from outside the box and a bullet header from N'Gotty. So much quality in that side. I'll probably never see a better Bolton side in terms of quality.

Good times.
Agreed. A rare televised treat here in Denmark. Very special indeed!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKgCXWGM3wY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Oh coitus!

jonnybwfc
Promising
Promising

Post by jonnybwfc » Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:58 pm

Mar wrote:Bolton 5 Aston Villa 2.

Good times.
Great game. That team rocked (Nicky Hunt in his pomp), except for Thome. :conf:

I was directly in line behind that 2nd free kick. Still can't believe it.
Djorkaeff ... Djorkaeff must score ... he does ... HE DOES !!!

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:28 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:
Lord Kangana wrote:If its the whole experience, then Lisbon for me. Shit game though.

Surely if it's the whole experience then it's Madrid where you met yours truly?

:wink:

It could so nearly have been Madrid....
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Post by H. Pedersen » Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:43 pm

If we're limiting this to Bolton, then it would have to be the 2-2 draw with Liverpool in January 2006, given my only other options are a couple of US friendlies.

Best game regardless of team would have to be USA 1, Algeria 0 at the World Cup.