mark davies

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Il Pirate
Dedicated
Dedicated

mark davies

Post by Il Pirate » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:37 am

Banner accross SSN: Bolton turn down Swansea offer of 5 million for Mark Davies. Really?

bristolwanderer
Promising
Promising

Re: mark davies

Post by bristolwanderer » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:27 am

Not a bad offer..

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:01 pm

I've heard we're waiting out for an offer of around £8m or so. He's a good player and would compliment their passing style well. Not too sure he's worth £8m while playing in our squad. I would've thought we would've took around £5m for him.

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:18 pm

I posted on the Crewe match thread that Mavies currently looks too heavy and unfit. Allegedly he was fined for returning over weight from the summer break. £5 Million??? I'm starting the car...........
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:19 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:I posted on the Crewe match thread that Mavies currently looks too heavy and unfit. Allegedly he was fined for returning over weight from the summer break. £5 Million??? I'm starting the car...........
While you're driving, look around for a replacement. Perhaps one that isn't Pratley.

wanderers_on_tour
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by wanderers_on_tour » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:37 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:I posted on the Crewe match thread that Mavies currently looks too heavy and unfit. Allegedly he was fined for returning over weight from the summer break. £5 Million??? I'm starting the car...........
I think the club would probably settle for £5 million as well if all the money could be invested back into the club. Sadly Wolves are promised a fair wedge to boot so for us to go shopping with five mill in pocket I imagine the deal will have to be between £6.5-8 million total.

Trotski
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Trotski » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:29 pm

Still, if he returns all fat and useless from a couple of months off, surely his motivation (and his value) is less than desired.

He did ok last year, but £5m. for a fat demotivated player is not too bad. I'd much rather cash in than seeing him shame the club, unfit and disinterested.
Oh coitus!

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:33 pm

It's around a 2 to 3 million pound profit for a small business loaded with debt. To quote Gerry Rafferty, "Take the money and run"
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:37 pm

Don't forget the huge sell on wolves would take from whatever we sell him for when calculating whether we'll have enough for a suitable replacement.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:38 pm

Eagles is plenty replacement for the attacking mid role...more goals and asists from him last year. Were he to go its the centre mid role we need a new player for. the role the lad has been shoehorned into.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:59 pm

Beefheart wrote:Don't forget the huge sell on wolves would take from whatever we sell him for when calculating whether we'll have enough for a suitable replacement.

Have we any idea, by way of percentage, what that sell-on is?
May the bridges I burn light your way

Trotski
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Trotski » Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:06 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Beefheart wrote:Don't forget the huge sell on wolves would take from whatever we sell him for when calculating whether we'll have enough for a suitable replacement.

Have we any idea, by way of percentage, what that sell-on is?
Even if it's 25% it's still a net profit of £3m, which should be plenty for a decent replacement. Worse than losing money/not earning enough though is having him moping around and performing poorly.

I'm sure we'll get a similar sell on clause with the Swans anyway. If he turns out to be a world beater - and he won't, we all know that right? - we'll recoup some money when he's sold on next time around.
Oh coitus!

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:21 pm

What evidence do we have that he'd 'mope around'.. By all accounts he's happy here and we're paying him quite a bit more than what Swansea could/would offer..
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

wanderers_on_tour
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by wanderers_on_tour » Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:28 pm

Agreed, I doubt Swansea is the type of 'big club' to turn the lads head. Especially with a new manager, 2 of there best players alleged to be moving onto Liverpool and Man City respectively, and potential ripe for 'second season syndrome'.

Trotski
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Trotski » Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:44 pm

boltonboris wrote:What evidence do we have that he'd 'mope around'.. By all accounts he's happy here and we're paying him quite a bit more than what Swansea could/would offer..
None. But something is definately wrong with his attitude and professionalism if he's gotten fat under the summer break. It's less than two months ffs. Doesn't exactly seem like he's motivated now does it?
Oh coitus!

Puskas
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Puskas » Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:44 pm

boltonboris wrote:What evidence do we have that he'd 'mope around'.. By all accounts he's happy here and we're paying him quite a bit more than what Swansea could/would offer..
Evidence? Evidence? What do you mean, evidence?

We don't need evidence. He just will. He's fat, lazy and will bring shame to the club with his on- and off-field antics. If someone offers tuppence-ha'penny, and I'd not merely bite their hand off, I'd chew it slowly, uncooked, with a nice Chianti. Whilst driving him there myself. And we don't need a replacement, because my pet badger could do the job better. So there.

Evidence, indeed. What on earth sort of question is that?
"People are crazy and times are strange
I’m locked in tight, I’m out of range
I used to care, but things have changed"

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:53 pm

Trotski wrote:
None. But something is definately wrong with his attitude and professionalism if he's gotten fat under the summer break. It's less than two months ffs. Doesn't exactly seem like he's motivated now does it?
How do we know he's not bulked up in the gym? He always looked a little 'rotund' to me anyway...
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Trotski
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Trotski » Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:56 pm

boltonboris wrote:
Trotski wrote:
How do we know he's not bulked up in the gym? He always looked a little 'rotund' to me anyway...
Well somebody said he was fined for being fat a page or two back?
Oh coitus!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:57 pm

boltonboris wrote:
Trotski wrote:
That's what I keep telling folk.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:57 pm

boltonboris wrote:
Trotski wrote:
That's what I keep telling folk.