Re: Matt Mills

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:47 pm

So dickhead has signed another £2million pound centre half. This one apparentley isnt as good as the last centre half he wasted £2.5 million on who cant even fecking head?

I'm not a Zat Knight fan but he's ten times the defender Ream is. When half asleep.

Dr.Karl
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Dr.Karl » Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:10 pm

officer_dibble wrote:So dickhead has signed another £2million pound centre half. This one apparentley isnt as good as the last centre half he wasted £2.5 million on who cant even fecking head?

I'm not a Zat Knight fan but he's ten times the defender Ream is. When half asleep.
I'm thinking along the same lines but maybe not ten times better. Wasn't impressed with Ream last season but he may take some time adjusting. There is no logic in Coyle's selections so there seems to be little point trying to figure it out.
An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - Gandhi

A cynic is man who knows the price of everything but the value of nothing - Wilde

I have a fax in my pocket - Gartside

wanderers_on_tour
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by wanderers_on_tour » Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:12 pm

Ream has a few months left to prove his worth for me, the more of that time spent in the gym though the better. Despite physical attributes I always thought his distribution was what kept him in the side but today that completely deserted him.

Knight actually stepped up to the plate for once although how long that lasts I have no idea. Im usually against swapping and changing between centre back partnerships but i'd rather we knew which two will cement that spot sooner rather than later, on that basis alone it's Knight/Mills on Tuesday for me. Can;t be any worse than today like..

wanderers_on_tour
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: Re: Matt Mills

Post by wanderers_on_tour » Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:13 pm

One things for sure, we miss Wheater...flaws n all.

dasher
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by dasher » Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:15 pm

Yep of our centre halfs Wheater is by far the best

Gail Platz
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Gail Platz » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:04 pm

I think Ream's done alright since he's been here. He didn't have a good game today but overall he hasn't been that bad in my eyes.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:06 pm

I said the other day i didnt rate him but he wasnt gerald cid. I may change my view if he plays like that again!

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:11 pm

Gail Platz wrote:I think Ream's done alright since he's been here. He didn't have a good game today but overall he hasn't been that bad in my eyes.
I agree

But

That team today was all players he's signed/renewed

In fact, he's signed everybody who played today

And for all he's reduced the wage bill, I reckon its still higher than most in this League

Now

He's either pissed good money after bad or he can't organise good players

#fúckoffcoyle
Last edited by CAPSLOCK on Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sto ut Serviam

the-Bowtun-Warrior
Reliable
Reliable

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:15 pm

£2m and not deemed better than Knightmare enough to play.

#captainclueless

James B
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by James B » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:17 pm

CAPSLOCK wrote:
Gail Platz wrote:I think Ream's done alright since he's been here. He didn't have a good game today but overall he hasn't been that bad in my eyes.
I agree

But

That team today was all players he's signed/renewed

In fact, he's signed everybody who played today

And for all he's reduced the wage bill, I reckon its still higher than most in this League

Now

He's either pissed good money after bad or he can't organise good players

#feck
more b than a imo.

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:22 pm

i love a fake twitter hashtag

#churchofcoyle #no

Sponge
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Sponge » Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:19 am

Hang on, has Ream replaced Knight as whipping boy? Is Knight the new saviour?

#confused #faketwitterhashtagfora1 #hatemyself

klasnicks
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by klasnicks » Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:23 am

So Knight is good now?

#isthisrealife #notsureifsarcasticthread #leagueone

Far East Trotter
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Far East Trotter » Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:29 am

Dear god.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:29 am

No Knight is not good now. However out of the team yesterday (wingers aside perhaps) he was the only one who looked good enough for this league. I think Zat is a prick, and I didn't hang around to see him laugh his way off, but he was ok yesterday. Looked strong and willing to work. I suspect as he has played under proper managers before (Ream hasnt) he has some nous. He was up against it yesterday both fullbacks were utterly woeful and Ream was as well. Ball kept coming back at us!

I cant get over how shite the defenders are Coyle has signed.

Alonso
Mears
Ream
£6million worth of 'talent'?
Mills at £2million...if hes no better than Ream we're in trouble.
Wheater - £2.5milion who is ok.
Plus he's ruined Ricketts by playing him out of position! Another £2million there!

Ianmooreslovechild
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Ianmooreslovechild » Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:37 am

officer_dibble wrote:No Knight is not good now. However out of the team yesterday (wingers aside perhaps) he was the only one who looked good enough for this league. I think Zat is a prick, and I didn't hang around to see him laugh his way off, but he was ok yesterday. Looked strong and willing to work. I suspect as he has played under proper managers before (Ream hasnt) he has some nous. He was up against it yesterday both fullbacks were utterly woeful and Ream was as well. Ball kept coming back at us!

I cant get over how shite the defenders are Coyle has signed.

Alonso
Mears
Ream
£6million worth of 'talent'?
Mills at £2million...if hes no better than Ream we're in trouble.
Wheater - £2.5milion who is ok.
Plus he's ruined Ricketts by playing him out of position! Another £2million there!
He does seem to have a blindspot regarding players capable of defending and thats not just the back 4.Only Wheater ever struk me as being capable, the rest are reasonable footballers who cant defend. havent seen Mills yet but what ive read is that he's very inconsistent and if he's behind Knight/Ream it's perhaps not the best of signs. Mind you Muamba and Wheater were left out for long periods while less effective players were picked so maybe Mills is just too good a defender to get into a footballing coyle team.

m_taylor
Promising
Promising

Post by m_taylor » Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:00 am

We play 3 matches in 6 days I'm pretty sure that Mills will start one of the next games and throughout the season they will play about the same.

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:45 pm

Knight was the only one yesterday who if he said to someone afterwards 'I used to play in the Premier League', they wouldn't have laughed in his face.

The full-back situation is unreal. Two shit right-backs (albeit one of them is very young), an abysmal left-back and a mediocre right-back being forced to play left-back, which he plainly cannot do. Shambles.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:46 pm

Tombwfc wrote:Knight was the only one yesterday who if he said to someone afterwards 'I used to play in the Premier League', they wouldn't have laughed in his face.

The full-back situation is unreal. Two shit right-backs (albeit one of them is very young), an abysmal left-back and a mediocre right-back being forced to play left-back, which he plainly cannot do. Shambles.
You could put any full back in our team and they'd struggle. They get isolated all the fecking time, cos we are so open. They have players out wide and in the huge open space between them and the centre halves to try and cover.

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:57 pm

I agree actually, but still. Steinsson and Ricketts played a lot of games under Coyle at right-back and although they had bad games, they never came close to Tyrone Mears yesterday.

Similarly, there isn't a human being alive who could've made more of a mess playing at left-back than Alonso did against Wolves and Fulham.

The complete non-existence of any coherent defensive plan, or tactics in general is one problem (and undoubtedly the biggest). The fact we also have some extraordinarily bad defenders is another.