Bolton v Forest thread

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Bolton v Forest thread

Post by Verbal » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:14 am

nervous already.

Thoughts? Predictions? Tactical pearls of wisdom?
"Young people, nowadays, imagine money is everything."

"Yes, and when they grow older they know it."

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Bolton v Forest thread

Post by CrazyHorse » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:18 am

They'll shit us.
Businesswoman of the year.

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:20 am

Definitely a winnable game. All depends how much we can contain Nottingham Forest in their own penalty area. Last night showed Kevin Davies still has the killer instinct inside the box but we all know age is taking its toll on his ability to get it into the box. Provided we can manage to get some sustained pressure we should win this but it was a tough ask at Burnley and Derby made us look average for large parts of last night. Hopefully we can build on what was a successful outing last night and get something good.

Same players that got the win last night for me.
Bogdan
Mears Mills Knight Ricketts
Lee Andrews M.Davies Eagles
Afobe K.Davies

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:21 am

CrazyHorse wrote:They'll shit us.

Forest Dump?
"Young people, nowadays, imagine money is everything."

"Yes, and when they grow older they know it."

knobby
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by knobby » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:41 am

1 -1
Zat Knight OG.

:D
There’s a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:43 am

knobby wrote:1 -1
Zat Knight OG.

See, in the cold light of day, that's funny.

knobby
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by knobby » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:48 am

Gary the Enfield wrote:
knobby wrote:1 -1
Zat Knight OG.

See, in the cold light of day, that's funny.
Well I am going on Friday so i can't post it then !!! So better to get it in early.
There’s a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:52 pm

Another win would be nice to keep the momentum going but i suspect a draw. Will be interesting to see how many fans turn up with it being on the box.

89bwfc89
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by 89bwfc89 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:56 pm

It made me really sad when the bus pulled up and it was nowhere near as busy as usual. doubt there was even 17k there to be honest. I've heard they count all the season tickets they have sold regardless of whether they are scanned in at the gate, not sure how true that it though.

the-Bowtun-Warrior
Reliable
Reliable

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior » Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:59 pm

BWFC89 wrote:It made me really sad when the bus pulled up and it was nowhere near as busy as usual. doubt there was even 17k there to be honest. I've heard they count all the season tickets they have sold regardless of whether they are scanned in at the gate, not sure how true that it though.

You are spot on. They count every ticket sold (ST & matchday tickets) regardless of if they've turned up or not.
There was never 17k in there last night

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:01 pm

the-Bowtun-Warrior wrote:
BWFC89 wrote:It made me really sad when the bus pulled up and it was nowhere near as busy as usual. doubt there was even 17k there to be honest. I've heard they count all the season tickets they have sold regardless of whether they are scanned in at the gate, not sure how true that it though.

You are spot on. They count every ticket sold (ST & matchday tickets) regardless of if they've turned up or not.
Good news is, it's on the telly Friday night - probably even less on. Great this Championship.

Quality football and no bugger watching it.

Leyther_Matt
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Leyther_Matt » Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:34 pm

A good indication is that I know of 5 season ticket holders who can't go on Friday, albeit a mate and I will be using two of them.

Last night reassured me that, regardless of how well Burnley played on Saturday, there are going to be some seriously poor sides in the league next year and they're not exactly going to take the game to us at the Reebok.

N'Gog in for Sordell if available, 2-1 Bolton win. I'd prefer to drop Mears, stick Ricketts at right back and bring in Alonso but can't blame Coyle if he largely sticks to a winning side.
This is the rhythm of Zat Knight

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:39 pm

Leyther_Matt wrote:A good indication is that I know of 5 season ticket holders who can't go on Friday, albeit a mate and I will be using two of them.

Last night reassured me that, regardless of how well Burnley played on Saturday, there are going to be some seriously poor sides in the league next year and they're not exactly going to take the game to us at the Reebok.

N'Gog in for Sordell if available, 2-1 Bolton win. I'd prefer to drop Mears, stick Ricketts at right back and bring in Alonso but can't blame Coyle if he largely sticks to a winning side.
Even after Afobe and Davies linking so well? If anything different than last night I can see him giving Davies a rest. Sordell looks like he'll have to earn his place after the last two games? A question, not a statement as I didn't see last night.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Leyther_Matt
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Leyther_Matt » Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:49 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Leyther_Matt wrote:A good indication is that I know of 5 season ticket holders who can't go on Friday, albeit a mate and I will be using two of them.

Even after Afobe and Davies linking so well? If anything different than last night I can see him giving Davies a rest. Sordell looks like he'll have to earn his place after the last two games? A question, not a statement as I didn't see last night.
Afobe will work much better as an impact player from the bench judging by pre season, especially if we can give him a chance to stretch his legs a bit.
This is the rhythm of Zat Knight

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:52 pm

I think Sordell and Afobe could make a great partnership if we play the ball on the ground. Afobe's a strong lad, and can hold the ball up, Sordell links up well with the wingers. They've both got the pace to worry defences.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:05 pm

truewhite15 wrote:I think Sordell and Afobe could make a great partnership if we play the ball on the ground. Afobe's a strong lad, and can hold the ball up, Sordell links up well with the wingers. They've both got the pace to worry defences.
Not seen enough of them together tbh, but they have to earn the right.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:11 pm

Afobe starts this one for me.

Armchair Wanderer
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Armchair Wanderer » Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:12 pm

Worthy4England wrote:

Good news is, it's on the telly Friday night - probably even less on. Great this Championship.

Was toying with the idea of getting a ST last season, this season with all the midweek games it'd not be worth it because I'd only be able to make the weekend games.

If Forest game is on TV I'll have to watch it at the pub, might drag other half along for a treat.
The players you fail to sign never lose you any money.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:21 pm

Armchair Wanderer wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:

Was toying with the idea of getting a ST last season, this season with all the midweek games it'd not be worth it because I'd only be able to make the weekend games.

If Forest game is on TV I'll have to watch it at the pub, might drag other half along for a treat.
Tickets still on sale. :-)

But I guess as "Armchair Wanderer", going to the pub to watch it'll be like an away game. :mrgreen: :pissed:

Armchair Wanderer
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Armchair Wanderer » Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:32 pm

Worthy4England wrote:Tickets still on sale. :-)

But I guess as "Armchair Wanderer", going to the pub to watch it'll be like an away game. :mrgreen: :pissed:
:lol: Very true. Always up for new experiences :pissed:
The players you fail to sign never lose you any money.