SKD - An apology

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

SKD - An apology

Post by Harry Genshaw » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:59 pm

Dear Kev

Like many Bolton fans, I thought you were past your best and too slow and cumbersome to be of any use to us this season.

After your performance v Derby and against Forest tonight, I realise we were all wrong. You led the line superbly and will be as much of a handful for Championship defences as you have been for Premier defences these last 10 years. In an era of fancy dan foreigners, its refreshing that a no nonsense player like you could have such a great career. I'm so happy that you are on the inside spitting out and not the other way round. You are, have been and will remain - a club legend.

I'm sorry I ever doubted you.

Much love

Harry
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Re: SKD - An apology

Post by CAPSLOCK » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:01 pm

I'll give you all of that

But, getting booked early was stupid and he should've been subbed on 60/70 minutes
Sto ut Serviam

wanderers_on_tour
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by wanderers_on_tour » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:04 pm

Just posted in the match thread how I still rate him. Wonder if he'll maintain his place with Ngog around though? In Coyles ideal world 4-4-2 is played with one target man (kev/ngog) and one free range striker (sordell/afobe) but under this form i'd leave him for the league and just chop and change for the cup tie.

the-Bowtun-Warrior
Reliable
Reliable

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:07 pm

Sorry, I can't agree.

He was better tonight than Tuesday and Tuesday better than Saturday. Doesn't mean I want him playing though. He won shat all in the air of any real use second half.
His mere presence leans us to the long ball game & Captain Clueless is scared to withdraw him despite his age and him tiring.

25 minutes impact as a sub or 55/60 minutes as a starter.
Nothing more, for me.

I appreciate he did a job tonight but to have just read somewhere someone say he was 'immense'... Crumbs, Jesus Christ

Leyther_Matt
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Leyther_Matt » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:44 pm

Can't knock his contribution to our goals in the past two games, but I still can't see him managing to put in 90 minutes on a consistent basis. Not sure how he'd fulfil the Deano role of coming on to win us free kicks for 20 minutes though, he could have got his left leg chopped off tonight and the ref would have given the free kick the other way.
This is the rhythm of Zat Knight

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:46 pm

Dunno like. He's pushing 50 and yet still looked ok tonight having played three games in a week.
Businesswoman of the year.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:48 pm

Forest couldn't handle him. Credit where it's due. Without KD tonight we'd not have scored either of our goals.

He did blow a very good chance like to win it. But his physicality was important.

Leyther_Matt
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Leyther_Matt » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:50 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:Dunno like. He's pushing 50 and yet still looked ok tonight having played three games in a week.
Running only within a 15 yard radius does help to conserve energy though ;)
This is the rhythm of Zat Knight

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:51 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Forest couldn't handle him. Credit where it's due. Without KD tonight we'd not have scored either of our goals.

He did blow a very good chance like to win it. But his physicality was important.
He wasn't in a group of 1 on that score (or no score as the case may be)

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:53 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:Forest couldn't handle him. Credit where it's due. Without KD tonight we'd not have scored either of our goals.

He wasn't in a group of 1 on that score (or no score as the case may be)
No he wasn't, though for me it was the best chance we had at 2-2 to win it!

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:27 am

Thats kev though innit
without him we'd of lost...without him we might of won!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:31 am

officer_dibble wrote:Thats kev though innit
With his header off the post for Eagles to bang in the first goal, and his robbing the full back and crossing to Sordell for the second, I'm sure he'd be delighted with that assessment.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:34 am

I would say here that it looks like he'll get no favours from the supposedly more combative Championship than he did in the supposedly soft-as-shit Premier League.

But he did push that defender for the first goal...
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:45 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
With his header off the post for Eagles to bang in the first goal, and his robbing the full back and crossing to Sordell for the second, I'm sure he'd be delighted with that assessment.
The first goal was a massive foul!

norm the jedi
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by norm the jedi » Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:50 am

officer_dibble wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
unlike his high speed booking which was a splendid tackle and the first of many feck awful refereeing decisions... [in both directions]
Are we in League 2 yet - Three seasons and we'll be away to Chesham

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:04 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
Aye, well it'll help balance the couple against Derby where he was dragged to the floor, with arms round him, and the ref gave free kicks against him.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Jokers in White
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jokers in White » Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:20 pm

the-Bowtun-Warrior wrote:Sorry, I can't agree.

He was better tonight than Tuesday and Tuesday better than Saturday. Doesn't mean I want him playing though. He won shat all in the air of any real use second half.
His mere presence leans us to the long ball game & Captain Clueless is scared to withdraw him despite his age and him tiring.

Nothing more, for me.

I appreciate he did a job tonight but to have just read somewhere someone say he was 'immense'... Crumbs, Jesus Christ
I agree with all of that mate. We will not get promoted if he stays in the team all season.
https://twitter.com/Chaddy_81" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:28 pm

Jokers in White wrote:

Nothing more, for me.

I agree with all of that mate. We will not get promoted if he stays in the team all season.
Also agree - he was ok nothing more

We will never move forward as a team and stop playing hoofball until K Davies is out of the team - sooner the better.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:32 pm

Jokers in White wrote:

Nothing more, for me.

I would refer the honourable gentlemen to Franz Carrs post on the match thread.

I dont know what folk expect. He scored Tuesday and had 2 assists last night. If he carries on that ratio and we dont get promoted -- it wont be his fault!

There's even been criticism of the ball he played to Sordell for the 2nd goal :shock: . Lets ignore the fact he chased down (another) 'lost cause' got round the defender and instead of blasting it into the side netting like others would have done, he picked out his strike partner.

Cherish him. We're lucky to have him
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Gail Platz
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Gail Platz » Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:20 pm

Yeah he did great for the 2nd goal, that was like KD of the old but in my opinion he didn't do much else in the game. He is so painfully slow, he loses the ball all the time and still does flick ons to opposing defenders on the rare occasion he does win a header.

I still think he'd be better as an impact sub than starting a game. He showed us against Wolves last season what an impact he can have coming on as a sub. I really do think an Afobe/Sordell partnership is best to start and if nothing is working put the big man on and see what problems he can cause.